Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 05-06-2013, 03:24 AM   #61
buck135
The Duke of New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCoroner View Post
Something very special is coming to the AUTOPSY of the DEAD FB page soon for Night Of The Living Dead Fans. Be sure to like our page AUTOPSY of the DEAD facebook page. to be among the first to see it.....
I'm sorry, I'm Facebook illiterate. I used my wife's account to like the page. What is it I'm looking for? I went to the website, but found no new information. Thanks!
Old 05-06-2013, 04:17 AM   #62
vidjunkie
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by buck135 View Post
I'm sorry, I'm Facebook illiterate. I used my wife's account to like the page. What is it I'm looking for? I went to the website, but found no new information. Thanks!
Hey Buck he says coming soon, so nothing new yet.
vidjunkie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 07:58 AM   #63
buck135
The Duke of New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidjunkie View Post
I see. Thanks Vid.
Old 05-07-2013, 01:00 AM   #64
TheCoroner
Victim

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidjunkie View Post
It will be on Wednesday of this week
Old 05-07-2013, 06:03 AM   #65
buck135
The Duke of New York

Quote:
It will be on Wednesday of this week
Outstanding. I look forward to it.
Old 05-10-2013, 05:34 PM   #66
spawningblue
Deadite

So what was it?

My Movie Collection

The Horror and More! Podcast
spawningblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 02:35 AM   #67
buck135
The Duke of New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawningblue View Post
So what was it?
A picture of about a dozen photos face down. The back of each photo is stamped "Night of the Flesh Eaters." The actual photographs themselves will be released at a later date I assume. I would imagine that these photos are available in the comprehensive photo gallery found on Elite's 1994 Laserdisc.
Old 05-11-2013, 06:03 AM   #68
chrismac87
Zombie Eater

Quote:
A picture of about a dozen photos face down. The back of each photo is stamped "Night of the Flesh Eaters." The actual photographs themselves will be released at a later date I assume. I would imagine that these photos are available in the comprehensive photo gallery found on Elite's 1994 Laserdisc.
Did you miss the part about "never before seen"? Or did I misread?
Old 05-11-2013, 06:34 AM   #69
buck135
The Duke of New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrismac87 View Post
Did you miss the part about "never before seen"? Or did I misread?
Since you replied to my response with a smart ass comment, I decided to put my aforementioned 1994 Elite Laserdisc on. On disc 2 (side 3) Chapter 3 there are two stills which show the back of the publicity stills for "Night of Anubus" and "Night of the Flesh Eaters." Just like in the Facebook preview.

Before these stills, it states "While compiling the stills, we found the backs of many were stamped with the films original working title."

There was a flood in The Latent Image building where countless still picture negatives, outtakes and extra footage were destroyed. When Don May Jr. was putting this collection together, he had obtained photos from Karl Hardman, Marilyn Eastman and various other cast members.

Based on all the information I provided, I stand on my "assumption" that these "never before seen" pictures are on the laserdisc. Thank you and goodnight.
Old 05-11-2013, 02:44 PM   #70
X-human
I ate my keys

It must be admitted, it's rather anti-climatic to tease something and then reveal only the backs of some lobby cards (which apparently can already be viewed elsewhere). While I know lobby cards have their enthusiasts and they will be doubtlessly excited at the prospect of seeing the front of some farm fresh lobby cards;this is very much keeping with the boy who cried wolf, "That's not a wolf, that's our sheep dog Sam."

A Few Ants Short. And what the hell, check out my DVD Collection won't you?
X-human is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 07:02 PM   #71
chrismac87
Zombie Eater

Quote:
Since you replied to my response with a smart ass comment, I decided to put my aforementioned 1994 Elite Laserdisc on. On disc 2 (side 3) Chapter 3 there are two stills which show the back of the publicity stills for "Night of Anubus" and "Night of the Flesh Eaters." Just like in the Facebook preview.

Before these stills, it states "While compiling the stills, we found the backs of many were stamped with the films original working title."

There was a flood in The Latent Image building where countless still picture negatives, outtakes and extra footage were destroyed. When Don May Jr. was putting this collection together, he had obtained photos from Karl Hardman, Marilyn Eastman and various other cast members.

Based on all the information I provided, I stand on my "assumption" that these "never before seen" pictures are on the laserdisc. Thank you and goodnight.
First off, it wasn't a smart ass comment, but since you took it as such - I guess that's your prerogative.

I am aware of the flood that took away a lot of publicity materials and such from The Latent Image, I am also aware that early on into making the film publicity photos were sent out to a few local newspapers and the like. The entire possibility that some of these photos were never used again after the title change isn't entirely unfeasible - especially considering that there are only two stills in the gallery you mentioned with the aforementioned FLESH EATERS title.

Now I'm sure as a hardened NOTLD fan you should know that merely two stills doesn't equal a whole lobby card set. I'm also sure you can understand the lengths to which the filmmakers of AUTOPSY OF THE DEAD went to insure that we as fans saw material we hadn't seen and heard from people we haven't heard from, so you can probably be safe in assuming that if not all of these photos have never been seen before - that perhaps some of them haven't.

I mean did we not get colored photos and such from the people who played zombies on AUTOPSY that no one had ever seen? So it is entirely possible for the same to be said for press materials that may have been considered lost.
Old 05-11-2013, 10:48 PM   #72
buck135
The Duke of New York

My apologies Chrismac for taking your post as derogatory. I've been reading too many bluray.com posts recently which of course are all derogatory. The two stills with reference to the original titles on the laserdisc were examples of what was found on the back of the images they were presenting. Many of the photos on that laserdisc are in color. Again, I'm basing my assumption that these photos may be included on the laserdisc based on the fact that I recognized the publicity still stamp shown on the Facebook photo from the Elite laserdisc. I'll be happy if I am mistaken however.
Old 05-13-2013, 08:50 PM   #73
spawningblue
Deadite

Damn I was hoping they would announce the Bluray of this, or the re-release with extra footage they have been talking about for a while now.

My Movie Collection

The Horror and More! Podcast
spawningblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 12:14 AM   #74
TheCoroner
Victim

Quote:
You would imagine wrong.

These are not from the laser disc.
Old 06-09-2013, 04:14 AM   #75
buck135
The Duke of New York

Quote:
You would imagine wrong.

These are not from the laser disc.
Outstanding. I look forward to seeing them.