Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General > Reader Polls

View Poll Results: LADY GAGA, love her or hate her?
Love her!!! 54 48.21%
Hate Her!!! 58 51.79%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-05-2009, 06:06 AM   #1
CrazyFatEthel
HackMaster

Lady Gaga, Love or Hate her?

Well?
Old 10-05-2009, 06:39 AM   #2
Body Boy
HackMaster

Love Her!

Her voice...not so great. But she can write songs amazingly well (with a few exceptioons, *cough*PokerFace*cough*), she has a unique blend of fashion/style, and stands out from the crowd of shitty female vocal pop singers that all sound alike. She will have fans because she's the new 'it' star, and she will have haters because haters like to think they're important by hating the mainstream...and some in between.

But overall, I love her tunes. Catchy.
Body Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 06:42 AM   #3
CrazyFatEthel
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellbilly View Post
Hate.

Most hated performer since James Blunt. Ugh.

I avoided her crappy music all the time until I catched her lousy performance at the MTV awards a few weeks ago. I thought it was hilarious that she had her period on stage but my suspicion was correct, she's nothing but a cheap Madonna clone.
I hope this annoying GaGa hype will pass soon.

On a sidenote, my friends 49 year old stepmother looks exactly like her. Poor woman
....James Blunt?!? Arent you being a little irrational????
Old 10-05-2009, 06:46 AM   #4
Body Boy
HackMaster

I thought her album The Fame was exceptional. Parts reminded me of the 80s, others a mix of Gwen Stefani and Christina Aguilera (only without C.A.'s wannabe fucking Mariah Carey high pitched solos ). Just Dance, and the beginning synth of Boys Boys Boys pretty much made me fly back to that time when...I...was...not born yet. >.> Hmm..
Old 10-05-2009, 06:47 AM   #5
CrazyFatEthel
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellbilly View Post
No. Just realistic
Awww, you have to admit her songs are catchy!!!! "Lets Have Some Fun This Beat Is Sick, I Wanna Take A Ride On Your Disco Stick"

Come on, if that isnt catchy, I dont know what is!!!!
Old 10-05-2009, 06:52 AM   #6
Body Boy
HackMaster

"Russian Roulette is not the same without a gun, and baby when it's love if it's not rough it isn't fun."
Old 10-05-2009, 06:58 AM   #7
msw7
Morso a morte

No strong opinion. I saw her AI performance, and enjoyed it, but that's all I've seen or heard.
msw7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 07:00 AM   #8
CrazyFatEthel
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by msw7 View Post
No strong opinion. I saw her AI performance, and enjoyed it, but that's all I've seen or heard.
Wow!!!! Really???
Old 10-05-2009, 07:01 AM   #9
Body Boy
HackMaster

Yeah, I do have to ask why a poll was brought up in this forum, since, not to stereotype, but are not the majority of people here metalheads? I mean, if this Gaga poll ends up in a huge slant against her, that will kind of prove it. Haha
Old 10-05-2009, 07:02 AM   #10
CrazyFatEthel
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Body Boy View Post
"Russian Roulette is not the same without a gun, and baby when it's love if it's not rough it isn't fun."
Damn straight!!!!
Old 10-05-2009, 08:26 AM   #11
Katatonia
The Dark and the Light

Do you need to watch eMpTyV or VH1 to know who she even is?

Katatonia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 09:00 AM   #12
allmessedup
It's beer time.

Pretty funny how she was fumbling around with that stupid costume last night on SNL.

Neither love nor hate...just disposable pop music to me.
Old 10-05-2009, 09:32 AM   #13
Copyboy
Maniac

What worked for Donna Summer and Giorgio Moroder will not hold up for this dingbat. Her overproduced sound will go the way of late '80s/early '90s freestyle. Hopefully very soon. Blech.
Copyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 10:59 AM   #14
DVD-fanatic-9
Remaking My Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Body Boy View Post
I thought her album The Fame was exceptional. Parts reminded me of the 80s, others a mix of Gwen Stefani and Christina Aguilera (only without C.A.'s wannabe fucking Mariah Carey high pitched solos ).
She's definitely Christina Aguilera and Gwen Stefani put together. She even looks a dead ringer to be Aguilera's sister most of the time. Anyone else notice that sometimes she looks like Teri Nunn too? Especially in the "Paparazzi" music video- Teri's famous white-black thing? Her rapping is straight from Stefani, her long & high notes feel exactly like Aguilera (especially on "Poker Face"), and it's become well-publicized that her style is blatantly and criminally ripped off from Roisin Murphy. Search their names together on Google Images right now and you'll find side-by-side comparisons that'll make your jaw drop.

As for me, I really don't mind that she's not at all original. This is the world of music. As far as I'm concerned- so long as it's got a good beat and you can dance to it, it's good dance / pop music. It does no one any good to take music too seriously. You stick on a CD, turn the bass up, and move. Any other circumstances surrounding it are entirely inconsequential. Unless the music is a disgusting assault on your ears and good taste altogether (like... Toby Keith, Linkin Park, The "Thong Song"), it's not worth making a fuss about. Or listening to anyone who does.

Her lyrics are good on "Poker Face" but I find that to be her weakest song. It also drives me crazy when artists repeat the chorus on a pop/dance song a hundred times, which "Poker" does. I'd honestly rather just hear the music with no vocals if she can't be bothered to write a closing verse. I find "Just Dance" to be her best catchy dance song, "Eh Eh / Nothing Else I Can Say" to be likable and fun even if it's not her trademark style, "Paparazzi" has the most passion (so it's my personal favorite), "Beautiful Dirty Rich" has my favorite beat and is one to grow on, and then... "LoveGame" is... well, kind of a mess. And a terrible choice for a single. Kind of like she was hoping that she'd be able to get by on the kind of thing that helped Stefani's nutzy lyrics and phrasing (especially in "Wind it Up" and "Hollaback Girl") push those songs into popularity. It really ends up sounding lyrically uncanny to "Don't Get it Twisted."

As for any Madonna comparison... am I floaty, or is that a new one?

The true test of her "Fame" will be if she can stop touring for 2 seconds and put out something new. A 2nd album probably won't materialize until 2011 the way people talk about her. Maybe that's what "The Fame" means, that she's more image than anything else.

And I didn't vote. I certainly don't love her. There's nothing much there to love. Her producers do most of the work. But I don't hate her. Then again... she seems to have some famous Vlogs and I haven't seen any of those. I might find I can't stand her if I heard her speak.

Last edited by DVD-fanatic-9; 10-05-2009 at 11:04 AM.
DVD-fanatic-9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 12:34 PM   #15
KR~!
The Apocalyptic Kid

Never heard of her... so I don't really care.

- Johann von Goethe
KR~! is offline   Reply With Quote