Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 01-04-2013, 09:52 PM   #136
fceurich39
HackMaster

just got back and i thought it was decent not my favorite of the franchise and certainly not very gory either. i thought the storyline was just okay but fan besides leatherface and heather every other character was very flat. and boy was that sheriff awful i thought it was better than the 2003 and of course next generation!!!!

Last edited by fceurich39; 01-04-2013 at 10:02 PM.
fceurich39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 09:56 PM   #137
Ash28M
HackMaster

I saw it today and thought it was pretty terrible. Not many redeeming qualities to this one.
Ash28M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:20 PM   #138
fceurich39
HackMaster

i thought it was still better than the next generation and maybe even the 2003 remake will have to wait for blu-ray and see about repeat viewings
Old 01-04-2013, 11:19 PM   #139
Buechlers_beard
Stalker

Fresh from the theatre and I really liked it. The opening wasn't quite as cool as I thought, I loved the way it ended though! Really hope there's a sequel!
Buechlers_beard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 12:11 AM   #140
BloodMan
Kill Time B4 It Kills You

Set 40 years later and the girl looks about 25? Yeah... stupid.

If I Don't Have The Right To Torture You, Why Then Do You Have The Right To Torture Me By Taking Away The Pleasure That I Could Get From Torturing You?

Remember, one cannot make footprints in the sands of time by sitting on their butt, and who wants to leave butt prints in the sands of time?
BloodMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 12:13 AM   #141
BloodMan
Kill Time B4 It Kills You

Leatherface would be in his 70's... that's even more stupid.

If I Don't Have The Right To Torture You, Why Then Do You Have The Right To Torture Me By Taking Away The Pleasure That I Could Get From Torturing You?

Remember, one cannot make footprints in the sands of time by sitting on their butt, and who wants to leave butt prints in the sands of time?
BloodMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 12:35 AM   #142
Ash28M
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by fceurich39 View Post
i thought it was still better than the next generation and maybe even the 2003 remake will have to wait for blu-ray and see about repeat viewings
I disagree, the remake was much better. I think it may be the worst of the series but I haven't seen next generation in a long time so I'll reserve judgement. Cardboard characters, actors that looked like they were picked from a modelling agency. Lame one liners. Dumbest story you can think of and sets glossed up for the teen crowd. The ending was sort of entertaining if only in it's ridiculousness. The clips of the original were the best part of the film. Other then that what could one possibly take away for this?

Last edited by Ash28M; 01-05-2013 at 12:39 AM.
Old 01-05-2013, 01:17 AM   #143
CPT HOOK
HackMaster

The movie was at its best when Leatherface was terrorizing the five attractive young people. But this only amounts to a lengthy chase scene in the middle of the movie.

After that, the movie delves into this boring fueding-family non-sense, ending with a whimper.

The remake and it's prequel are vastly superior. I've enjoyed all of the TCM films, including this, but I'd agree that this one is towards the bottom.
CPT HOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 01:44 AM   #144
deepred
Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPT HOOK View Post
The movie was at its best when Leatherface was terrorizing the five attractive young people. But this only amounts to a lengthy chase scene in the middle of the movie.

After that, the movie delves into this boring fueding-family non-sense, ending with a whimper.
Agreed! Would have loved for
Spoiler:
Heather to snap in the end and maybe a last minute reveal of a 3rd Sawyer and they go hunt down and torture the mayor and Heather's adoptive parents.
deepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 02:02 AM   #145
SpaceAce
Stalker

Man I am let down by all the negative reviews, I thought this had promise and although I will still check it out, I might just wait for the blu. Was the 3D at least worth checking out in the theater? any nudity? give me something to be excited about
SpaceAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 02:33 AM   #146
CPT HOOK
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceAce View Post
Man I am let down by all the negative reviews, I thought this had promise and although I will still check it out, I might just wait for the blu. Was the 3D at least worth checking out in the theater? any nudity? give me something to be excited about
Leatherface's rampage in the middle of the film is worth the ticket price. There's pretty much no logic to the film, so if you try to think about it, it might give you a headache.

The 3D was fairly neat. There are a few chainsaws pointed at the camera (one being thrown at the camera). I've seen better 3D and I've seen worse.

No actual nudity, but Tania Raymonde is shown in a thong and Alexandra Daddario's blouse is hanging open throughout the finale.
CPT HOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 03:00 AM   #147
Ash28M
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPT HOOK View Post
Leatherface's rampage in the middle of the film is worth the ticket price. There's pretty much no logic to the film, so if you try to think about it, it might give you a headache.
I don't know if that was worth the ticket price. Watching him running around the carnival was a rare interesting moment though. Saying that, he had to have been the worst looking letherface of the series. I didn't even realize Letherface was in the movie for the first half. He just looked like a weird old man living in the basement. He wasn't a menacing presence at all.

Last edited by Ash28M; 01-05-2013 at 03:02 AM.
Old 01-05-2013, 03:40 AM   #148
deepred
Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodMan View Post
Set 40 years later and the girl looks about 25? Yeah... stupid.
Someone made a good point that the writers should have made her 38 but then have a 18 year old son or daughter that she takes w/ her to see the house.
deepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 03:53 AM   #149
fceurich39
HackMaster

also heard it originally had a NC-17 rating so i really hope there will be a unrated blu-ray or dvd. because honestly this new film wasnt that gory compared to the UNRATED TCM the Beginning which was 12 minutes longer!!!
Old 01-05-2013, 05:01 AM   #150
highclassrob
Stalker

this movie was beyond bad. no creative use of 3d other than a moment or 2 with the chainsaw coming at you. No creative fun or scary kills, you cant even name let alone care about the characters. Even Leatherface himself is blah. The only amusing part is the tying on of the mask. they wasted the whole cool concept of leatherface at a carnival. Overall it was beyond bad, ranking along side the new generation which was equally bad. zero nudity too which is a shame since it came so close with the brunette tied up at the end. its saw 5 bad.
highclassrob is offline   Reply With Quote