Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 01-08-2013, 02:21 PM   #196
marcx
HackMaster

Saw this last night--silly stuff but a good ol' fun time--no where near worthy of the original tough
Old 01-09-2013, 03:07 AM   #197
rxfiend
Joe Six-Pack

Family and I watched this tonight. We all enjoyed it. The film did feel different from the other movies in the series, but that's a good thing IMO (no point in rehashing the previous entries). The movie did end up being a bit different than I was expecting. Will definitely pick it up the blu-ray when it comes out.
rxfiend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 03:13 AM   #198
MisterTwister
HackMaster

I thought it was a great time at the movies. I geeked out during the opening sequence, Daddario was hot as all hell, Dan Yeater was a great Leatherface and there's some solid nasty kills here. It has its flaws (already discussed so I'm not bringing them up) but I appreciated this one tried to do something different.

Definitely getting the DVD.
Old 01-09-2013, 09:18 AM   #199
Kim Bruun
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcx View Post
Saw this last night--silly stuff but a good ol' fun time--no where near worthy of the original tough
That was exactly how I went away from it as well... Random thoughts:

- Alexandra Daddario looked far too well-preserved for someone who by all rights should be pushing forty.

- Trey Songz is a fine looking dude, but his character couldn't die fast enough for me. He came with the most annoying theme music, and it took me right out of the movie.

- Leatherface is suddenly beautiful? We catch a glimpse of his face and nose, and he doesn't look as inbred and bucktoothed as one ight have expected.

- I can't accept that the extended Sawyer clan had been in the house through all that passed in the 1974 movie. I will buy, though, that they popped by for tea at the worst possible moment, right after the events of the original.

- "Ladies' makeup? What a fruitcake!" As opposed the men's makeup, which the redneck cop would have found more acceptable.

All in all, I was mostly entertained, sometimes annoyed, but in the end, it's not worthy of the original.
Kim Bruun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 06:15 PM   #200
Anthropophagus
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterTwister View Post
I thought it was a great time at the movies. I geeked out during the opening sequence, Daddario was hot as all hell, Dan Yeater was a great Leatherface and there's some solid nasty kills here. It has its flaws (already discussed so I'm not bringing them up) but I appreciated this one tried to do something different.

Definitely getting the DVD.
Tania Raymonde is hot as hell too, however a little too tarted up in this film. I've been checking out her pics on IMDB, quite the natural beauty.
Anthropophagus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:38 PM   #201
cjg
Maniac

Girls are hot. Movie sucks. Best part is at the end of the credits.
cjg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 06:02 AM   #202
indiephantom
Horny Spirit

Thought it was the best since Part 2. It is absurd, but I think that's part of the charm of the series. Definitely hot girls and a big improvement on the cinematography. 3-D has forced them to brighten things up a bit and to hold the camera steadier. Looked great.

indiephantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 03:06 PM   #203
It's me, Billy
Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by indiephantom View Post
Thought it was the best since Part 2. It is absurd, but I think that's part of the charm of the series. Definitely hot girls and a big improvement on the cinematography. 3-D has forced them to brighten things up a bit and to hold the camera steadier. Looked great.
Oh yeah. I really enjoyed the 2003 remake and the 2006 prequel, but those aren't a part of the original timeline so with that I'll say Texas Chainsaw 3D is the best Chainsaw film since Part 2 in 1986. Parts 3 and 4 were/are giant turds in the series.
It's me, Billy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 07:41 PM   #204
fceurich39
HackMaster

honestly this film really does feel like the true sequel! the 1986 film was too funny and leatherface/Drayton sawyer were too different i actually like Texas Chainsaw 3D more than the 1986 sequel!
fceurich39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 09:26 PM   #205
Kim Bruun
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's me, Billy View Post
Parts 3 and 4 were/are giant turds in the series.
Different strokes... I've always really enjoyed Leatherface. None of the original sequels match the tone of the original, but this one is the only straight horror movie among them - great chase scenes, an imposing Leatherface, a superb score, and one of the best jump scares of my horror movie fan life. I've watched TCM2 several times, each time with a desperate wish to like it, but I never have - I find it unfunny and lacking in the scare department.

The Next Generation
is a total mess.
Old 01-11-2013, 10:35 PM   #206
MisterTwister
HackMaster

Yeah I've always liked TCM III as well. It's a fun, fast paced horror film with a great Leatherface, a solid cast and a great finale.

But I've always liked Jeff Burr's horror flicks. Big fan of his anthology film "From a Whisper to a Scream"

Last edited by MisterTwister; 01-11-2013 at 10:51 PM.
MisterTwister is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 10:58 PM   #207
Ash28M
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim Bruun View Post
Different strokes... I've always really enjoyed Leatherface. None of the original sequels match the tone of the original, but this one is the only straight horror movie among them - great chase scenes, an imposing Leatherface, a superb score, and one of the best jump scares of my horror movie fan life. I've watched TCM2 several times, each time with a desperate wish to like it, but I never have - I find it unfunny and lacking in the scare department.

The Next Generation
is a total mess.
If you like jump scares, part 2 has the best one of the series.
Ash28M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 11:19 PM   #208
Kim Bruun
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash28M View Post
If you like jump scares, part 2 has the best one of the series.
I think perhaps the overall tone of the movie puts me in an unreceptive state of mind. The only really good jump scare that made an impression on me is the big one in the attack on the radio station, and the movie releases the tension quickly after that by dipping into comedy with the antics of Choptop and the sexual chainsaw innuendo. Again, I would like to like this one, but I find it easier liking Leatherface.

Last edited by Kim Bruun; 01-11-2013 at 11:21 PM.
Old 01-12-2013, 01:12 AM   #209
eric_angelus
Testacular

I am shocked to say that I enjoyed this, yeah it had all the flaws that other have talked about but overall it worked for me. It did feel like a direct sequel which was cool. Don't know where I would rank it, because I pretty much like all the movies except for The Next Generation.
eric_angelus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 11:18 AM   #210
dickieduvet
Maniac

What an uninspired pile of shite this was, Mind blowingly terrible.

Please.....No more!!!
dickieduvet is offline   Reply With Quote