Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 09-14-2012, 08:20 AM   #91
Zombie Dude
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobby View Post
You read the instruction manual before putting on your Freedy glove replica.
Nope! When to scratch my dick; it came right off...
Old 09-14-2012, 08:49 AM   #92
Dobby
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Dude View Post
Nope! When to scratch my dick; it came right off...
Though your joking those blades on the glove look very sharp.
Dobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 09:00 AM   #93
Zombie Dude
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobby View Post
Though your joking those blades on the glove look very sharp.
They're about sharp enough to bread butter with. Gotta love special effects
Old 09-14-2012, 05:34 PM   #94
dave13
HackMaster

when not butchering people, leatherface and choptop relax with a friendly game of 8-ball?
dave13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 01:25 PM   #95
maskull
No Avatar! Boo!

Is it just me or did that trailer make it look like a typical slasher movie of the last few years? It looks fun enough and I'll watch it, but I didn't get a TCM vibe off of it at all. I know it's just a trailer. Maybe it's not really representative of the movie at all.
Old 09-16-2012, 01:29 PM   #96
Zombie Dude
HackMaster

Yea the trailer was definitely bland. It didn't even show some of the plot points the movie description has given us. I thought Leatherface was going to me the main girls bitch?
Old 09-16-2012, 04:20 PM   #97
tropical marsh
Stalker

The new Texas Chainsaw trailer reminded me of My Bloody Valentine 3D. It has that same crappy, made for cable, low budget look. At least MBV had some nudity--I'm not even sure we'll get that with this new slop.
Old 09-16-2012, 06:53 PM   #98
CPT HOOK
HackMaster

Honestly, I'm just excited to see an R-rated slasher film back on the big screen.

For a while, it seemed like they were making a come-back with the MBV, F13, Sorority Row remakes, The Collector, etc. Then they kind of died off. Aside from Scream 4, we haven't really seen too many in theaters recently. I've been having slasher-movie withdrawal.

Now we've got The Collection and TCM 3-D on the way, and I couldn't be happier about it.
CPT HOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 08:23 PM   #99
Kim Bruun
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPT HOOK View Post
Honestly, I'm just excited to see an R-rated slasher film back on the big screen.
Same here. And come on - even those of you who are categorically dismissive of remakes, don't you nearly always end up seeing them anyway? I know I do.

Even if I am a smidge sceptical, I will want to see this. Leatherface himself gives me the same "evil He-Man" vibe in the preview that I got from him in Leatherface: Texas Chainsaw Massacre III - which, though not as artistically successful as the original, is the most enjoyable for me of the original sequels.

Last edited by Kim Bruun; 09-16-2012 at 08:28 PM.
Kim Bruun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 08:47 PM   #100
CPT HOOK
HackMaster

I usually end up seeing the remakes, but mainly because there aren't any other options unless you're into PG-13 exorcism movies like The Possession or The Devil Inside. No thank you!

I'd prefer to see original material, but I can appreciate remakes like Texas Chainsaw, Friday The 13th, My Bloody Valentine, Sorority Row, Black Christmas, etc because you can basically just treat them as sequels. They do their own thing with the material, and they are relatively harmless.

But the remakes like The Hills Have Eyes, Nightmare On Elm Street, or The Omen where they follow the original beat for beat, those frustrate and bore me beyond belief. The filmmakers have wasted millions of dollars and 90 minutes of my time.

Sorry to get off on a tangent. Anyway, I hope this film and The Collection are successful at the box-office. With the success of The Possession, the studios are probably scrambling to make more mediocre PG-13 supernatural fare. I personally would love to see more fun R-rated horror fare, so I hope the studios can see a demand for it.

It doesn't seem like LionsGate has much faith in the film. You'd think they'd want an October release. Isn't January typically the studio dumping ground?
Old 09-17-2012, 05:10 AM   #101
rxfiend
Joe Six-Pack

They are releasing "Sinister" in October. Unlike Dimension, I don't think they'll want to be in competition with themselves (Dimension reference to their H2:Inglorious Basterds release dates)
rxfiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 05:20 PM   #102
fceurich39
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim Bruun View Post
Same here. And come on - even those of you who are categorically dismissive of remakes, don't you nearly always end up seeing them anyway? I know I do.

Even if I am a smidge sceptical, I will want to see this. Leatherface himself gives me the same "evil He-Man" vibe in the preview that I got from him in Leatherface: Texas Chainsaw Massacre III - which, though not as artistically successful as the original, is the most enjoyable for me of the original sequels.
agreed i am just glad Leatherface TCM III got an awesome dvd release having both the butchered rated and much better unrated version. despite all the problems it caused the studio. i really want but somehow doubt it'll get the same treatment for blu-ray since warner is basically new line now
fceurich39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 08:07 PM   #103
CPT HOOK
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by fceurich39 View Post
i really want but somehow doubt it'll get the same treatment for blu-ray since warner is basically new line now
If I'm not mistaken, LionsGate is handling this one.
Old 09-17-2012, 10:56 PM   #104
fceurich39
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPT HOOK View Post
If I'm not mistaken, LionsGate is handling this one.
talking about part 3 getting released on blu-ray
fceurich39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 04:56 PM   #105
Buechlers_beard
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceAce View Post
I thought this movie picked up right after the original TCM....so what is with the house looking all nice and clean and stuff? How did it get fixed up? That kinda killed the whole vibe for me. I am still interested in seeing it, but I did not like the trailer. It also should have shown a cameo or 2 of the original cast members to heighten the intrigue.
The house in Chainsaw 3D is not the same house featured in Chainsaw 74 or the opening of 3D. Hope this helps
Buechlers_beard is offline   Reply With Quote