Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 10-26-2012, 05:20 PM   #1486
zbinks
!OXOMOXO! ƎYƎ AM THE I

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave13 View Post
i don't get it - how is it these movies elicit such a huge response, and i've never heard of any of them? i guess its time to get out from under this rock.

didnt shout say they'd been on dvd before? i need to look these up.
Shout's hint was that they were from the 80's and had never been released on DVD before.
zbinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 05:26 PM   #1487
dave13
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by zbinks View Post
Shout's hint was that they were from the 80's and had never been released on DVD before.
ok, i got it twisted around. still, though. oh well.
dave13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 05:43 PM   #1488
Mutilated Prey
Soul Stealer

X-Ray - awesome. although, isn't X-Ray the cut version? I think Hospital Massacre is the uncut version.

The Rank VHS, under the title X-Ray, is heavily cut with a running time of 77 minutes, whereas the MGM/UA tape, under the title Hospital Massacre, runs 89 minutes.

From IMDB
Old 10-26-2012, 06:16 PM   #1489
Body Boy
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt89 View Post
Omg I'm stoked for all of these. I honestly haven't been that excited about the stuff they've been announcing lately (except From Beyond) but Schizoid, Hospital Massacre and The Godsend? Bring it on!

~Matt
Seriously. Aside from Town That Dreaded Sundown and The Evictors, the MGM line didn't exactly WOW me. It was like "oh, that's great that that's coming to DVD/BLU!" Death Valley and Deadly Blessings were the ones that got me stirred up.

But for me, Hospital Massacre, Schizoid and The Godsend, individually, let alone together, are the best things they've announced since DV. I love the first two and I've been meaning to see Godsend for like, ever.

I'm shocked dave hasn't heard of these. They're rare, but hardly super obscure. The first one even has quite a large fanbase.
Body Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 06:41 PM   #1490
Mikey Horror
HackMaster

Yeah, I was excited for the triple threat announcement today, but not one of those titles interests me at all. *Sigh* I just want The Burning for Christ's sake.
Old 10-26-2012, 06:44 PM   #1491
shockwave
Stalker

Sounds good, I hope that's definitely not the cut version though, hopefully Scream Factory will chime in at some point and let us know which version is being released.
shockwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 06:45 PM   #1492
dave13
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Body Boy View Post
I'm shocked dave hasn't heard of these. They're rare, but hardly super obscure. The first one even has quite a large fanbase.
i'd never heard of death valley either
Old 10-26-2012, 07:11 PM   #1493
MorallySound
There is no magic.

I am stoked for these and have been waiting for Hospital Massacre (hopefully X-Ray will have both cuts, or at least the longer cut) and The Godsend for quite some time! I don't get why people are bummed that Shout is releasing films they've never heard of? Sure, I'd love to see The Burning on Blu-ray, but I can watch my DVD happily until then. As much of a VHS connoisseur as I am, I'm glad they are dusting off titles more people need to see and that these releases are making their way to DVD and Blu-ray before films already released get the high-def treatment.

Videonomicon | Mantis in Black Lace | Vimeo | Instagram | Letterboxd | Tumblr | Twitter | Reel to Reel | DVD Aficionado
MorallySound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 07:32 PM   #1494
elDomenechHDG
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by shockwave View Post
Sounds good, I hope that's definitely not the cut version though, hopefully Scream Factory will chime in at some point and let us know which version is being released.
Cliff mentioned this particular batch won't happen before sometime late next year - I suspect we won't know anything until Spring 2013 at the earliest. I was thinking "X-Ray" will be the title Shout has decided to go with for this release - doesn't necesarily mean it'll be the cut version. I trust them to do everything possible to give us the longest version.

Personally, I'm more excited for the obscure stuff rather than the better-known titles. It's especially thrilling if the film hasn't had a release since VHS. For the record, I've never seen any of the films announced today.
elDomenechHDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 07:34 PM   #1495
dave13
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorallySound View Post
I don't get why people are bummed that Shout is releasing films they've never heard of?
oh, i'm not bummed at all. at least, not really. i was excited to see the triple threat announcement, wondering what the titles might be. then they showed what they were, and my first reaction was "i don't recognize these at all. i have no idea if they're any good. so there's nothing for me to get excited about." so that was a bit of a let down with regards just to that innitial excitement and curiosity. of course, then i come here and lots of people are saying good things about them. i check out the trailer for schizoid on youtube (couldn't find the other two - although the entire movie of godsend was there) and it looks entertainingly sleezy. so now my excitement is building again. because now there are new films to be discovered and hopefully enjoyed.
Old 10-26-2012, 08:26 PM   #1496
JGrendel
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave13 View Post
oh, i'm not bummed at all. at least, not really. i was excited to see the triple threat announcement, wondering what the titles might be. then they showed what they were, and my first reaction was "i don't recognize these at all. i have no idea if they're any good. so there's nothing for me to get excited about." so that was a bit of a let down with regards just to that innitial excitement and curiosity. of course, then i come here and lots of people are saying good things about them. i check out the trailer for schizoid on youtube (couldn't find the other two - although the entire movie of godsend was there) and it looks entertainingly sleezy. so now my excitement is building again. because now there are new films to be discovered and hopefully enjoyed.
I completely agree, Shout/Scream Factory is really starting to remind me of the golden age of Anchor Bay and that's really exciting.
JGrendel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 08:38 PM   #1497
dickieduvet
Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey Horror View Post
Yeah, I was excited for the triple threat announcement today, but not one of those titles interests me at all. *Sigh* I just want The Burning for Christ's sake.
I hear ya!!
dickieduvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 09:58 PM   #1498
Body Boy
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickieduvet View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey Horror View Post
I hear ya!!
Seriously?

Look, I love The Burning, and it's one of the few titles I own that I'd double dip on (or donate my previous DVD to my school's film library), but honestly, I could give a flying fuck if it (much like From Beyond) were announced. The DVD has some cool extras and looks great. Blu is awesome and the upgrade would rock, but Death Valley, Deadly Blessing, Hospital Massacre, Schizoid, The Godsend, The Town That Dreaded Sundown, TerrorVision, The Evictors, The Video Dead.... all of these titles coming out are far more beneficial as far as film preservation goes. New life and exposure is the greatest thing these surviving DVD companies can give to these classics. The saddest thing that could happen to a film is being lost and deteriorated in some basement. These fresh faces for DVD are the true heros of Scream Factory. The upgrades from previous discs are the cool respectful bonuses and fan bait on the side for the cash to flow.
Body Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 12:03 AM   #1499
Chomp
Rudest Motherfucker on HD

Quote:
Seriously?

Look, I love The Burning, and it's one of the few titles I own that I'd double dip on (or donate my previous DVD to my school's film library), but honestly, I could give a flying fuck if it (much like From Beyond) were announced. The DVD has some cool extras and looks great. Blu is awesome and the upgrade would rock, but Death Valley, Deadly Blessing, Hospital Massacre, Schizoid, The Godsend, The Town That Dreaded Sundown, TerrorVision, The Evictors, The Video Dead.... all of these titles coming out are far more beneficial as far as film preservation goes. New life and exposure is the greatest thing these surviving DVD companies can give to these classics. The saddest thing that could happen to a film is being lost and deteriorated in some basement. These fresh faces for DVD are the true heros of Scream Factory. The upgrades from previous discs are the cool respectful bonuses and fan bait on the side for the cash to flow.

A-fucking MEN, brother.
Chomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 12:57 AM   #1500
Steel76
Maniac

Quote:
.... all of these titles coming out are far more beneficial as far as film preservation goes. New life and exposure is the greatest thing these surviving DVD companies can give to these classics. The saddest thing that could happen to a film is being lost and deteriorated in some basement. These fresh faces for DVD are the true heros of Scream Factory. The upgrades from previous discs are the cool respectful bonuses and fan bait on the side for the cash to flow.
+100 on that!

Im getting sick and tired of hearing people ask for the same damn movies that have already been re-released to death on DVD the last 15 years.

Last edited by Steel76; 10-27-2012 at 12:59 AM.
Steel76 is offline   Reply With Quote