Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 10-27-2012, 12:39 AM   #1501
Kim Bruun
HackMaster

Who wouldn't want their personal favourite upgraded to the best widely available format? I think it's only natural to express what one would like as a consumer.

That said, I am excited about Hospital Massacre - I've only seen a shoddy bootleg, but I enjoyed it enough to be happy at the prospect of a legit, hopefully more watchable release. The other two don't hold the same appeal for me (based on trailers and reviews).
Kim Bruun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 12:52 AM   #1502
MisterTwister
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chomp View Post

A-fucking MEN, brother.
I second this.
Old 10-27-2012, 01:16 AM   #1503
tropical marsh
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by elDomenechHDG View Post
Cliff mentioned this particular batch won't happen before sometime late next year - I suspect we won't know anything until Spring 2013 at the earliest. I was thinking "X-Ray" will be the title Shout has decided to go with for this release - doesn't necesarily mean it'll be the cut version. I trust them to do everything possible to give us the longest version.

Personally, I'm more excited for the obscure stuff rather than the better-known titles. It's especially thrilling if the film hasn't had a release since VHS. For the record, I've never seen any of the films announced today.
It is kind of weird that they're using the X-ray title, since that one was used for foreign markets. I'm still stoked though! I'm thinking the announcements today could be a potential triple feature (since they're all from Cannon, and they're pretty obscure).

Now if they would just announce New Year's Evil on blu-ray...
Old 10-27-2012, 01:21 AM   #1504
Body Boy
HackMaster

I'd like Hospital Massacre to be a single release. If they can release The Island alone on a blu-ray, they can do the same for HM. Haha. But I wouldn't be too sad about it. I'd prefer a double feature to a triple. Triple is stretching it in my weird mind for some reason.

If NYE is on the docket, I could see HM and NYE as a good double feature.
Valentine's Day + New Year's Evil, both having a hospital theme somewhere.

Though Schizoid would be crazy awesome to have alone, I can't see that happening realistically. Perhaps HM, NYE and Schizoid will be the triple discer. Godsend doesn't really fit with the them of the others, does it?
Body Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 04:22 AM   #1505
startide
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave13 View Post
i'd never heard of death valley either

dave, despite being a horror "fan", I don't actually watch that many movies, but even I'd at least heard of these films. Are you sure you're a member of the right MB?
startide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 04:37 AM   #1506
thrashard76
Thrash or be Thrashed

I just entered the contest, color me excited!
Old 10-27-2012, 04:43 AM   #1507
Dobby
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by startide View Post

dave, despite being a horror "fan", I don't actually watch that many movies, but even I'd at least heard of these films. Are you sure you're a member of the right MB?
Until the conception of forum member Ronnie21 who never shuts the fuck up about Death Valley. I myself also had never ever ever heard about this movie either never.
Dobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 04:43 AM   #1508
Anthropophagus
HackMaster

I've heard of all of these titles, however none ever interested me enough to seek them out. I don't think these new releases will change that, I'm only referring to the three titles most recently announced, I just don't find them particularly intriguing titles.
It's great that Shout! Factory is releasing them for those who do appreciate them though.
Anthropophagus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 05:01 AM   #1509
Nailwraps
HackMaster

Just making this post to say, we passed the 100 page mark!

Couldn't help it, it needed to be said.
Nailwraps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 10:28 AM   #1510
tropical marsh
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropical marsh View Post
With all that in mind, this is my short wishlist:

Arena (1989)
The Barbarians (1987)
Cellar Dweller
Dark Angel aka I Come in Peace
Hell Squad (1986)
Highway to Hell (1991)
*Hospital Massacre
New Year's Evil
*Prison (1988)
Steel and Lace
Too Scared to Scream
*The Town that Dreaded Sundown
*The Video Dead
So, they've announced 4 titles from my wishlist. With the recent announcement of The Incredible Melting Man, titles like New Year's Evil and Dark Angel become real strong possibilities. I still think Cellar Dweller has a chance (maybe in a double feature?), and The Horror Show seems like a serious contender (I don't know how I forgot that one when I made my list).

I wonder if any titles were off limits for Shout, when they made their deal with MGM? I mean, if Shout acquired movies like The Fog, Scanners, or The Howling--then pretty much anything goes.
Old 10-27-2012, 11:28 PM   #1511
ronnie21
HackMaster

death valley was more of a cable fav, it did however get a very limited release in theaters. but limited to certain big cities.. dobby,? i thought you were cooler than that? what happened?
ronnie21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 11:54 PM   #1512
Dobby
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie21 View Post
death valley was more of a cable fav, it did however get a very limited release in theaters. but limited to certain big cities.. dobby,? i thought you were cooler than that? what happened?
Oh I am quite grateful for your Death Valley sweet tooth. Having watched it initially on youtube many many times. I have come to love this movie immensely myself. It's a great thing that you never stop praising this film and I appreciate the passion. Sometimes thing's get lost in the translation (sarcasm)as you see. If not for you I would have never discovered this tiny gem of a film. I wish I had been born decades ago so I could have seen this at the drive in.
Dobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 07:00 AM   #1513
satans-sadists
Humanitarian

DVD Talk review of They Live: http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/57534/they-live/
satans-sadists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 12:49 AM   #1514
ronnie21
HackMaster

dobby. cool.. i actually had a movie ad for death valley when it played in new york on May 7th 1982. However. that was on my old compter, but heres a link to the blog i put it on. here you will find an ad for night of the creeps with the free masks to put over your mouth to keep the creeps out to the first 100 customers.

http://www.blogger.com/blogin.g?blog...x-results%3D11
Old 10-29-2012, 12:56 AM   #1515
ronnie21
HackMaster

http://musicandanythingafter.blogspo...&by-date=false