Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 11-06-2012, 05:20 AM   #1546
X-human
I ate my keys

Just put together a DVD with all of the Fire Marshal Bill appearances and I'll buy that.

Beetlejuice was a good cartoon though, I really enjoyed that as a kid.

A Few Ants Short. And what the hell, check out my DVD Collection won't you?
X-human is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 08:00 PM   #1547
spawningblue
Deadite

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-human View Post
Just put together a DVD with all of the Fire Marshal Bill appearances and I'll buy that.

Beetlejuice was a good cartoon though, I really enjoyed that as a kid.
Fire Marshal Bill was actually from In Living Color which are all out of DVD already I believe.

My Movie Collection

The Horror and More! Podcast
spawningblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:21 PM   #1548
X-human
I ate my keys

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawningblue View Post
Fire Marshal Bill was actually from In Living Color which are all out of DVD already I believe.
Wow, yes of course it was.

I'll go pester 20th Century Fox for that compilation DVD then.

A Few Ants Short. And what the hell, check out my DVD Collection won't you?
X-human is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 11:27 AM   #1549
Katatonia
Master of Doom

I'm just blown away by how outstanding They Live looks in HD. The color and details just pop out at you...it's a vast improvement over the old DVD.

Shout really nailed this release, damn near perfect!

Katatonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 12:52 PM   #1550
elDomenechHDG
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katatonia View Post
I'm just blown away by how outstanding They Live looks in HD. The color and details just pop out at you...it's a vast improvement over the old DVD.

Shout really nailed this release, damn near perfect!
Glad to know this. There are some really crazy people over at Blu-ray.com who swear this is the worst release of 2012! I have yet to be disappointed by anything Shout has done up to now.
elDomenechHDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 01:13 PM   #1551
Katatonia
Master of Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by elDomenechHDG View Post
Glad to know this. There are some really crazy people over at Blu-ray.com who swear this is the worst release of 2012! I have yet to be disappointed by anything Shout has done up to now.
worst release of 2012?!??? I don't know what the hell they're viewing it on, but it looks fantastic on my calibrated set-up.

Seriously, that's just insane. I don't see how anybody could fault the transfer that much. There is an astounding amount of visible detail and the colors are rich and vibrant. There may be some minor edge enhancement in a few scenes, but it's nothing major. There was often visible grain, so if there was DNR applied...I couldn't really notice it much.

Last edited by Katatonia; 11-07-2012 at 01:27 PM.
Katatonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 04:29 PM   #1552
Nailwraps
HackMaster

Bruce h has already told us that pre-orders for TerrorVision/The Video Dead Double Feature and Prison are up on Amazon with a 2/19 release date.

..Aaaand Scream has announced its next 2 titles; The Vagrant and The Horror Show (House III)!!!
Nailwraps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 05:00 PM   #1553
Anthropophagus
HackMaster

I can vouch for the stellar quality of the They Live Blu-Ray, it looks great on my entertainment system.
Alongside The Devil's Advocate, a sure pick for release of the year for me.
Anthropophagus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 05:15 PM   #1554
tropical marsh
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katatonia View Post
worst release of 2012?!??? I don't know what the hell they're viewing it on, but it looks fantastic on my calibrated set-up.

Seriously, that's just insane. I don't see how anybody could fault the transfer that much. There is an astounding amount of visible detail and the colors are rich and vibrant. There may be some minor edge enhancement in a few scenes, but it's nothing major. There was often visible grain, so if there was DNR applied...I couldn't really notice it much.
Evidently, a lot of DNR was applied to the Shout release of They Live. Obviously, this is the fault of Universal (and not Shout), but what can you do?

Comparison pics between the Shout BD of They Live and the Italian BD have been posted over at blu-ray.com to show DNR and EE.
Old 11-09-2012, 05:20 PM   #1555
bruce h
Editor - CINEMA ARCANA

February's Scream Factory titles announced; both are Blu/DVD combos:

PRISON:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ag=cinema09-20

TERRORVISION / THE VIDEO DEAD:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ag=cinema09-20
bruce h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 05:22 PM   #1556
bruce h
Editor - CINEMA ARCANA

It'd be great if their HORROR SHOW was finally uncut! I know some foreign editions are slightly longer, and stills exists of some gore that's never turned up in ANY version. It'll be neat to see what they come up with.
bruce h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 05:25 PM   #1557
bigdaddyhorse
Detroit Hi-on

Methinks the people at blu-ray.com are crazy and predisposed to want to hate everything. They go into a blu-ray looking for bad, most of us look for good. At least that's what I tell myself to keep life making sense since finding that site! They hate everything! They're fucking Mikey grown up and on crack and meth at the same time!

Isn't the Italian BD in the wrong ratio though? I know something is wrong with the picture dimensions, it's either cropped or squished.

And just cuz it drives me nuts to hear it bashed over and over...
American Psycho looks fine on Blu! The R1 from Lions gate that everyone says is the worst BD ever looks fucking fine to me, so I'm sure They Live will as well!

My Fucking DVDS
bigdaddyhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 05:52 PM   #1558
tropical marsh
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddyhorse View Post
Methinks the people at blu-ray.com are crazy and predisposed to want to hate everything. They go into a blu-ray looking for bad, most of us look for good. At least that's what I tell myself to keep life making sense since finding that site! They hate everything! They're fucking Mikey grown up and on crack and meth at the same time!

Isn't the Italian BD in the wrong ratio though? I know something is wrong with the picture dimensions, it's either cropped or squished.

And just cuz it drives me nuts to hear it bashed over and over...
American Psycho looks fine on Blu! The R1 from Lions gate that everyone says is the worst BD ever looks fucking fine to me, so I'm sure They Live will as well!
Yeah, some of those dudes over at blu-ray.com are a little too hardcore. A bunch of 'em are saying that they'll pass on any of the recently announced titles, if they don't get a blu-ray release. I'm not sure if Shout is in a fuckin' hurry to bring Schizoid or The Vagrant to blu...
Old 11-09-2012, 07:00 PM   #1559
Vance Vandy
Stalker

Schizoid deserves a Blu a hell of a lot more than shit like The Video Dead and a few others they've released.
Vance Vandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 08:42 PM   #1560
Body Boy
HackMaster

Yeah, Schizoid, Hospital Massacre and The Godsend definitely deserve BluRays over Video Dead and some others.
Body Boy is offline   Reply With Quote