Old 05-27-2010, 05:01 AM   #152
dickieduvet
Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by fceurich39 View Post
piranha and humanoids from the deep specs

Piranha
Piranha SPECIAL EDITION BLU-RAY AND DVD SPECIAL FEATURES:

• New anamorphic widescreen presentation (1.78:1)
• Audio commentary with director Joe Dante and producer Jon Davison
• Behind-the-scenes footage
• “The Making of Piranha” featurette with new interviews from Roger Corman, Joe Dante, Dick Miller, Belinda Balaski and many More
• Bloopers and outtakes
• Piranha trailer with commentary by producer Jon Davison – Courtesy of Trailers From Hell (www.trailersfromhell.com)
• Stills gallery with photos and posters from around the world
• Behind-the-scenes stills gallery featuring photos from Phil Tippett’s personal collection
• Additional scenes from the network television version
• Radio and TV spots
• New World trailers

Humanoids from the Deep
• New high-definition transfer of the Uncut international version presented in anamorphic widescreen (1.78:1)
• Never-before-seen deleted scenes
• Trailer, TV and radio spots
• Leonard Maltin’s interviews with Roger Corman on the making of the film
• “The Making of Humanoids from the Deep,” featuring new interviews with composer James Horner, second unit/assistant director James Sbardellati, editor Mark Goldblatt and more!
• New World trailers
I'm so happy I could cry
dickieduvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 05:06 AM   #153
HAEMORRHAGE
If he dies, he dies

Too many movies I've got to double dip on lately and Piranha looks to be another addition to the list.
Old 05-27-2010, 06:39 PM   #154
Darga
Narcissistic Personality

Uncut international version of Humanoids? Awesome!
Darga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 07:41 PM   #155
MisterTwister
HackMaster

Uncut version?

No commentary track?

Great specs though. I can't wait to pick that one up.

I would love to know more about this triple feature set of Slumber Party Massacre.
MisterTwister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 09:07 PM   #156
CPT HOOK
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterTwister View Post
I would love to know more about this triple feature set of Slumber Party Massacre.
Me too!
CPT HOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 09:47 PM   #157
Nailwraps
HackMaster

Blu-Ray.com has the Blu cover for Humanoids From The Deep as well as some cover details for Piranha.:

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=4671

"The Piranha Blu-ray features the iconic vintage cover art from the film's original 1978 movie poster, and the art from the original international poster for the reverse cover. "
Nailwraps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 11:36 PM   #158
Chomp
Rudest Motherfucker on HD

That Humanoids BLU will most like be my BLU/DVD of the year.

Shout! Factory is bar none my current favorite DVD/BLU releasing company around. Their releases are top notch with great attention to detail; the films they usually release are not readily available on DVD/BLU; their releases are busting at the seems with supplements, and they use original artwork (without being defaced by some hack Photoshop job) as covers.

I for one will be purchasing all of Shout!'s Corman titles and just about any other niche title they decide to release. They seriously touched a soft spot with me when they gave the go ahead on the Humanoids BLU.

I usually despise the month of August, but now I eagerly await that hell-spawned month.
Chomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 12:41 AM   #159
Grim
HackMaster

I haven't seen the bulk of these blu's, so these will all be a real treat for me.

And it's also great to see that even if he's reached obscene amounts of fame and fortune, James Cameron still remembers where he got his start. Too bad time didn't allow him to be interviewed.
Old 05-28-2010, 01:17 AM   #160
Nailwraps
HackMaster

Specs for the new Deathsport and Battletruck Double Feature DVD have been announced.:

http://www.avmaniacs.com/blog/2010/d...ecs-cover-art/

"DEATHSPORT/ BATTLETRUCK DOUBLE-FEATURE COLLECTOR’S EDITION DVD
FEATURING THE LONG-OUT-OF-PRINT CULT FAVORITE DEATHSPORT IN WIDESCREEN
AND THE LONG-AWAITED DEBUT OF BATTLETRUCK ON DVD
Slammin’ into Stores Nationwide August 3, 2010 From Shout! Factory

Brace yourself for twice the fun, twice the adrenaline rush, and twice the traction, as Shout! Factory, in association with New Horizons Picture Corporation, set to release a dynamic duo of Roger Corman classics on one double-feature collector’s edition DVD. August 3, 2010 will see the release of Deathsport/BattleTruck Collector’s Edition, which marks the first time Deathsport being presented in a widescreen format, as well as the first-ever DVD release of BattleTruck (released theatrically as Warlords of the 21st Century). This double-barreled dose of high-octane excitement decisively marks the latest summer installment from fan favorite Roger Corman’s Cult Classics home entertainment series.

Deathsport/ BattleTruck Collector’s Edition boasts a stellar selection of new bonus content including all-new cast and crew interviews, commentaries, vintage trailers and more. A must-have for Roger Corman fans and collectors, own two of Roger Corman’s popular cult hits at an attractive price of $19.93 SRP.

The worldwide success of Death Race 2000 fueled Corman’s desire to make Deathsport, which also stars Emmy Award® and four-time Golden Globe® nominee David Carradine (Kill Bill: Vol. 1 and 2, TV’s Kung Fu). It was not a direct sequel but certainly a thematic follow-up.

Set 1,000 years in the future, following the Great Neutron Wars, the world is divided into desert wastes and isolated city-states. Lord Zirpola (David McLean, Kingdom of the Spiders) captures the notorious “Desert Ranger” Kaz Oshay (Carradine) and forces him to fight to the death in his game, Deathsport. Now Kaz must face his past and fight to save himself, his city and the future from the war that Lord Zirpola is about to wage.

Executive produced by Roger Corman, Deathsport is directed by Henry Suso and Allan Arkush. Co-starring in the film are beautiful B-movie starlet and 1970 Playboy Playmate of the Year Claudia Jennings, Jesse Vint (Forbidden World) and perennially popular big-screen bad guy Richard Lynch (Invasion USA, Bad Dreams, The Sword and the Sorcerer).

Inspired by the success of The Road Warrior, Corman acquired the award-winning New Zealand-made action blowout BattleTruck for distribution, rechristened it Warlords of the 21st Century and released it to screens in 1982. The film earned an enthusiastic cult audience and has not been available on home video for more than 20 years until now.

After the Oil Wars have ravaged the Earth’s landscape, gasoline has become a precious commodity. On his marauding search to commandeer all of the oil in existence to fuel his massive, heavily-armored battle truck, Col. Straker (James Wainwright, The Survivors) ravages a peaceful commune. Riding to their rescue is a mysterious man on a motorcycle (Michael Beck, The Warriors, Megaforce), who becomes their only hope when he decides to bring the fight to Straker, aided and abetted by Straker’s runaway daughter, Corlie (Annie McEnroe, Beetlejuice, Wall Street). It’s a mechanized, motorized version of the story of David and Goliath, and only one can survive.

The action-packed Battletruck also stars Bruno Lawrence (Smash Palace, The Quiet Earth) and two-time Emmy® nominee John Ratzenberger (Up, Toy Story 1, 2 and 3, TV’s Cheers). Cinematographer Chris Menges would go on to win Academy Awards® for The Killing Fields and The Mission and become an acclaimed director in his own right.

For her performance as Corlie, McEnroe won the Clavell de Plata Award as Best Actress from the Sitges - Catalonian International Film Festival.

DEATHSPORT/ BATTLETRUCK DOUBLE-FEATURE
COLLECTOR’S EDITION BONUS CONTENT:

DEATHSPORT SPECIAL FEATURES
• New anamorphic widescreen presentation (1.78:1)
• Audio commentary with co-director Allan Arkush and editor Larry Bock
• Interviews with actor Jesse Vint
• Original theatrical trailers
• Still gallery
• Trailer and TV spots

BATTLETRUCK SPECIAL FEATURES
• Audio commentary with director Harley Cokliss
• Trailers"
Nailwraps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 02:59 AM   #161
CPT HOOK
HackMaster

Cool, I assumed their double feature DVDs would be bare bones so this is a nice surprise.

I hope they assembled some fun stuff for the Twice Dead/The Evil double feature, one of my most anticipated discs!
CPT HOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 04:09 AM   #162
MisterTwister
HackMaster

I've never seen those two titles so I look forward to watching them.

I'm going to save up cash to get these, especially Humanoids and Piranha.
MisterTwister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 05:04 AM   #163
streetlight
Victim

I first heard of Shout Factory after finding some Elvira double features cheap. They are proving to be a quality company. Not really sure I'd double dip on these because I have most, if not all, on VHS, I even have the Warlords From 21st Century. If I saw them really cheap I'd buy them mainly for the special features
streetlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 09:33 AM   #164
RJ Fielder
Screamy Bopper

Shout Factory is quickly becoming the new Anchor Bay/ Blue Underground with all these great releases. Never seen Deathsport or Battle Trucks but the write ups make them sound like something I should check out.
RJ Fielder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 04:06 AM   #165
Bluenoser
Stalker

Just thought I'd make my fellow Canadians aware that amazon.ca has pushed the release date back to August 17. For any Americans who can wait an extra few weeks, Piranha is $4 cheaper on amazon.ca. Combined with the exchange rate and that's a pretty good savings.

Last edited by Bluenoser; 06-12-2010 at 04:27 AM.
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote