Originally Posted by zbinks View Post
It's official:

The Fog
The Howling
The Burning
Lifeforce
Night of the Comet
Day of the Dead
That's just awesome news! Shout really are the best overall studio around these days.

Katatonia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 04:19 AM   #1637
Body Boy
HackMaster

Meh, cool I guess. Might upgrade The Burning. Was hoping for some not-previously-released titles, but I'm still happy they're doing this.
Body Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 04:47 AM   #1638
maybrick
HackMaster

The Howling is a definite must because my DVD is corrupted. Second must have is Lifeforce for the anamorphic transfer followed by The Fog. I might pick up Day of the Dead if found cheap enough, but The Burning and Night of the Comet are both passes.
maybrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 04:49 AM   #1639
zbinks
!OXOMOXO! ƎYƎ AM THE I

Quote:
***EXCLUSIVE "SUPER-SIZED" ANNOUNCE!***

The wait is over! We can now officially reveal some really cool and beloved horror classics from the 80s that will be coming from the "Factory" in 2013:

- THE FOG (1980): John Carpenter's seaside g...hostly revenge flick with Adrienne Barbeau and Jamie Lee Curtis. New extras are in the works! First time on Blu-ray

- THE BURNING (1981): Summer Camp. Garden shears. Tom Savini effects. Need we say more? First time on Blu-ray

- THE HOWLING (1981): Joe Dante's ultimate werewolf pic with superb Rob Bottin effects. First time on Blu-ray.

- LIFEFORCE (1985): Tobe Hooper's space vampires and light-show extravaganza finally gets its first ever anamorphic widescreen presentation! First time on Blu-ray.

- NIGHT OF THE COMET (1984): Shopping and zombies highlight this post-Doomsday cult classic. First time on Blu-ray.

- DAY OF THE DEAD (1985): George Romero's splattery undead classic gets a new collector's edition with new extras.

More details on all of these frightfests will be revealed more next year. Have a great weekend!
zbinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 05:00 AM   #1640
Matt89
HackMaster

^ Yeah thanks we...Uhh yeah we got it.

~Matt
Old 11-17-2012, 05:04 AM   #1641
Body Boy
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt89 View Post
^ yeah thanks we...uhh yeah we got it.

~matt
lol
Body Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 05:20 AM   #1642
Matt89
HackMaster

But yeah I'm stoked that The Fog and The Burning and The Howling are hitting blu...fuck I'm happy ALL of them are getting released! I held off on the UK blu-ray of The Fog hoping that a US release would eventually come out and here we are. FINALLY!! Best announcement of the year since Criterion announced Rosemary's Baby. We are too lucky. Shout Factory is the best thing to happen to horror on home video in at least a decade.

~Matt
Old 11-17-2012, 06:22 AM   #1643
CPT HOOK
HackMaster

This was probably already mentioned (too lazy to look through the previous pages), but they're rumored to be filming extras for The Fog at the HorrorHound convention this weekend. Jamie Lee Curtis, Adrienne Barbeau, Tom Atkins, Charles Cyphers, and Ty Mitchell are in attendance.
CPT HOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 06:43 AM   #1644
dayglo
Maniac

I'll be all over The Fog and The Burning (DOTD is a maybe), but the one I'm waiting for eagerly will be Phantasm II. So far everything I've bought from Shout has been great, and in terms of blu they're definitely doing what Anchor Bay did in their salad days for horror DVDs.

dayglo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 07:34 AM   #1645
The Tall Man
Stalker

Being an Aussie I already have The Howling, The Fog on Blu, as well as DOTD from import. However, it will be interesting to see how the transfers stack up when they are released if it is worth upgrading or not. The Fog is probably my fave JC movie equal to EFNY.
The Tall Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 08:15 AM   #1646
Matt89
HackMaster

Wasn't blu-ray release of The Fog a standard def upconvert?

Either way, it didn't look very good and didn't get very good reviews. I can almost guarantee you that its transfer will be better than the blu-ray that is currently out.

~Matt
Old 11-17-2012, 11:28 AM   #1647
napalm baby
Screamy Bopper

OH MY FUCKING GOD !!! ....... SHOUT FACTORY ... I LOVE YOU ......

" The Burning "

I would dry hump you if you were here ! AMAZING NEWS
napalm baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 01:20 PM   #1648
Anthropophagus
HackMaster

I'm in for Lifeforce and The Burning. Perhaps Night Of The Comet, though I must admit to not remembering much of this film. Lifeforce I have yet to see, and I imagine this will be the ultimate viewing experience for a first time watch.
I was surprised at how bad my 'The Fog' dvd looked in spots this Halloween, so depending on the reviews and extras that may be a purchase down the line.
Really looking forward to Deadly Blessing in January too though.
Incredibly, my The Howling dvd never crapped out, though I've read about plenty of discs that have this issue and Day Of The Dead I'm just burnt out on. Put it down to society's pervasive zombie mania these days.
I have a hard time justifying spending twenty bucks to simply upgrade a film I already have though.

Last edited by Anthropophagus; 11-17-2012 at 03:59 PM.
Anthropophagus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 02:09 PM   #1649
Conal Cochran
Stalker

I will get them all!
Old 11-17-2012, 02:24 PM   #1650
Mikey Horror
HackMaster

Damn, Shout! Factory is really kicking ass. Finally there's a company that's making collecting fun again. I'll pick them all up except for Lifeforce, not really a fan of that one. I have Arrow's blu and Anchor Bay's two-disc Divimax editions of Day of the Dead, so I'll wait and see what Shout does with it before I decide on that one. If they include the original audio, I'll definitely grab it.