Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 11-17-2012, 03:34 PM   #1651
Jack Grendel
Victim

Shout I love you!!!! But now I'm gonna have to retire my Fog and Howling blus....Damn It!!!!!!
Jack Grendel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 03:39 PM   #1652
Stige
HackMaster

shout usually comes with new extras so count me in for the burning, the fog ( didn't think the optimum blu looked THAT bad, actually quite stunning in places) and the howling ( the kinowelt version was also good but I think there was much room for improvement) probably night of the comet.

DotD and Lifeforce will have to wait for reviews
Stige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 03:40 PM   #1653
dave13
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthropophagus View Post
Lifeforce I have yet to see, and I imagine this will be the ultimate viewing experience for a first time watch.
I saw it so long ago, buying this blu ray will be tantamount to a first time viewing. But I remember really liking it. of course i was probably about 14, and as i recall there are lots of boobs in it, so that may be why i enjoyed it so much. we shall see...
dave13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 04:00 PM   #1654
Anthropophagus
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave13 View Post
I saw it so long ago, buying this blu ray will be tantamount to a first time viewing. But I remember really liking it. of course i was probably about 14, and as i recall there are lots of boobs in it, so that may be why i enjoyed it so much. we shall see...
Got that feeling from the trailer, much boobage.
Anthropophagus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 04:07 PM   #1655
dayglo
Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthropophagus View Post
Got that feeling from the trailer, much boobage.
The very reason I watched that film in the first place. Don't like it enough to buy though.

dayglo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 04:53 PM   #1656
17thJuggalo
HackMaster

I'll probably double dip on The Fog and pick up Lifeforce. The rest of them I already have DVDs that I'm happy with.

Arrow's release of Day of the Dead is quite amazing so it'll be interesting to see if the can put out an even better release than that.
17thJuggalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 04:54 PM   #1657
ronnie21
HackMaster

the thing is here,. iam so sick of most of these movies, so iam not that excited. The fog was always a hazy looking movie anyway. and the burnings color was always faded..but its the way they were filmed..if this was 10 years ago i would be siked..
ronnie21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 05:20 PM   #1658
Kim Bruun
HackMaster

I am VERY happy about The Burning, and I will definitely want The Fog as will. I never got The Howling or Day of the Dead on dvd, so I'll probably get those too.

Not every release announced by SF was on my wishlist, and I won't be getting them all - but nor will I moan about them releasing movies I don't care for (Prison - already out on DVD) or have absolutely no interest in (The Vagrant, The Horror Show). Hopefully there's an audience for these movies as well, and I hope they make SF a ton of money, so they can keep going, hopefully releasing more of my favourites.
Kim Bruun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 06:29 PM   #1659
fattyjoe37
HackMaster

Glad to see Shout! getting the rights to some more big titles. I hope they all sell well and enable them to release more obscurities in the future. As long as every release has new extras, I'm down for all of these. I'll only pass if we just get the same extras available on the DVDs I already have.
fattyjoe37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 07:25 PM   #1660
MorallySound
There is no magic.

I'll be upgrading The Fog and The Burning, possibly picking up Night of the Comet, but not a huge fan of either Lifeforce or The Howling... And already own Day, so better me something special if I'm to double-dip on that one...

As far as this announcement being "Super-Sized" it really was rather underwhelming if I do say so...

Videonomicon | Mantis in Black Lace | Vimeo | Instagram | Letterboxd | Tumblr | Twitter | Reel to Reel | DVD Aficionado
MorallySound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 07:55 PM   #1661
Kim Bruun
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorallySound View Post
As far as this announcement being "Super-Sized" it really was rather underwhelming if I do say so...
I don't mean this in a snarky way at all, but how could it have been much bigger? SF has already announced a slew of titles that have neither seen DVD or blu-ray releases, and every week, there were disappointed statements like, "what about The Burning? The Howling?" This week was the all-popular ones, each of the them having something of a fanbase.

I never expected six all personal favourites. I doubt Lifeforce and Night of the Comet are my cup of tea, and I might not buy them, but their announcement seems to have made a lot of people happy.
Kim Bruun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 08:38 PM   #1662
Nailwraps
HackMaster

Crime Story/The Protector Jackie Chan Double Feature extras!:

http://www.cityonfire.com/crime-stor...ason-to-shout/

"Brace yourself for twice the action and twice the adrenaline rush with an action-packed double feature starring world renowned martial arts sensation Jackie Chan! On January 15, 2013, Shout! Factory will release Crime Story/The Protector Double Feature deluxe Blu-ray™ and DVD. This highly anticipated home entertainment collection contains insightful bonus features including deleted scenes, filmmaker interviews, trailers, behind-the-scenes featurette and more!

The deluxe Blu-ray edition contains a special bonus of Jackie Chan’s cut of The Protector, with additional scenes directed by Chan (in Cantonese with English subtitles – standard definition). This home entertainment release is a must-have for fans, collectors and movie enthusiasts, own two of popular Jackie Chan cult hits on Blu-ray at an attractive price of $19.93 SRP. The double feature DVD has a suggested retail price of $12.99.

Special Features for the Blu-ray Edition: For Crime Story: Interview with director Kirk Wong, deleted scenes and theatrical trailers. For The Protector: From New York to Hong Kong – Interview with director James Glickenhaus, Behind-the-scenes featurette, theatrical trailers and the Jackie Chan Cut of The Protector with additional scenes directed by Chan (In Cantonese with English Subtitles – Standard Definition)

Special Features for the DVD Edition: For Crime Story: Deleted scenes and theatrical trailers. For The Protector: From New York to Hong Kong – Interview with director James Glickenhaus and theatrical trailers."
Nailwraps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 08:57 PM   #1663
Mutilated Prey
Soul Stealer

Hells yeah on The Burning! So psyched. I will maybe get The Fog and The Howling too.

Day of the Dead? Why do we need another release of that? The Anchor Bay release is pretty solid, no?
Old 11-17-2012, 09:41 PM   #1664
buck135
The Duke of New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutilated Prey View Post
Hells yeah on The Burning! So psyched. I will maybe get The Fog and The Howling too.

Day of the Dead? Why do we need another release of that? The Anchor Bay release is pretty solid, no?
Not for lunatic Romero fans such as myself. I have the AB, Arrow and Happinet blu's of Day. They all feature the hideous audio changes that AB made for the Divimax DVD. Granted the original audio is featured in mono, however an upgrade is warrented with the audio and visuals in my opinion. I understand the frustration of those of you who are waiting on titles that haven't even been released on DVD. Romero's original trilogy has been done to death on every format.
Old 11-17-2012, 09:57 PM   #1665
fceurich39
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by buck135 View Post
Not for lunatic Romero fans such as myself. I have the AB, Arrow and Happinet blu's of Day. They all feature the hideous audio changes that AB made for the Divimax DVD. Granted the original audio is featured in mono, however an upgrade is warrented with the audio and visuals in my opinion. I understand the frustration of those of you who are waiting on titles that haven't even been released on DVD. Romero's original trilogy has been done to death on every format.
not night of the living dead 1968 on blu-ray here in the USA
fceurich39 is offline   Reply With Quote