Old 06-24-2010, 01:05 AM   #181
Ptflea2
Maniac

I want a new MST3000 set.
Ptflea2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 02:08 AM   #182
Nailwraps
HackMaster

In Shout! Factory releated news, Shout! has aquired DVD rights to All In The Family!:

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Fam...-Planned/13965
Nailwraps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 02:28 AM   #183
Nailwraps
HackMaster

I found cover art for the October Corman Cult Classics releases including Cannibal Girls and The Psycho Legacy!:

http://www.dvdaf.com/search.html?rel...2_rel_a*rgn_us
Old 06-24-2010, 03:39 AM   #184
Matt89
HackMaster

Haha will Slumber Party Massacre hit blu-ray? Because that would be awesome.

~Matt
Old 06-24-2010, 04:09 AM   #185
Grim
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt89 View Post
Haha will Slumber Party Massacre hit blu-ray? Because that would be awesome.

~Matt
Agreed. I haven't seen them in so long and HD would be a great way to revisit them.
Old 06-24-2010, 05:09 AM   #186
satans-sadists
Humanitarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nailwraps View Post
In Shout! Factory releated news, Shout! has aquired DVD rights to All In The Family!:

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Fam...-Planned/13965
One of my all-time favorite shows! I have the first 6 seasons and was about to give up hope. Kind of odd & unexpected that Shout Factory is releasing these, but awesome nonetheless! Can't wait!
satans-sadists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 04:21 PM   #187
Chomp
Rudest Motherfucker on HD

Anybody know if THE NEST is part of the Roger Corman library that Shout! now owns? I'd love to get that flick on DVD or BLU with the 5-Star Shout! Factory treatment.

Last edited by Chomp; 06-24-2010 at 04:29 PM.
Chomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 06:03 PM   #188
meljon
Victim

I've got the old dvd of The Nest and it says "Roger Corman Classics" on the cover and New Concorde on the side. I think that means Shout Factory owns the distro rights now. I would buy it again on bluray the day it is released. I love this movie, brings back fond memories of my youth when the video rental place would get classics like this one every week.
meljon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 08:59 PM   #189
CPT HOOK
HackMaster

I really hope they give Slumber Party Massacre the blu-ray treatment. I would imagine that these are more popular titles than Galaxy Of Terror and Forbidden World.

If they do release it only on DVD, I won't be buying it for a while. I already got screwed over when they released The Stepfather on blu-ray a few months after.
CPT HOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 09:08 PM   #190
Nailwraps
HackMaster

http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news...s.php?id=15660

"Has a year passed since San Diego Comic-Con 2009? Unbelievable.

The coverage begins here then, with Shout! Factory the first out of the gate with some genre news for those attending.

The distributor (on the main show floor at booth #3749) has pulled together quite a line-up of genre names for a panel discussion and various special signings.

Roger Corman, Julie Corman, Joe Dante, Allan Holzman (Galaxy of Terror, Forbidden World), Sid Haig (Galaxy of Terror), Mary Woronov (Death Race 2000, Rock’n’Roll High School) among others are on the schedule.

The Shout! Factory will present Roger Corman: B-Movie King on Friday, July 23 at 5:30 PM (Room 25ABC). Attendees will have the opportunity to sneak peek at the upcoming lineup from Roger Corman's Cult Classics home entertainment series and to participate in the Q&A with panelists during this session. The panel is moderated by documentary filmmaker Alex Stapleton, director of the upcoming film King of the B's: The Independent Life of Roger Corman.

More details and Comic-Con exclusives to come, so keep tabs on ShoutFactory.com."
Old 06-24-2010, 09:28 PM   #191
crikan
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPT HOOK View Post
I really hope they give Slumber Party Massacre the blu-ray treatment. I would imagine that these are more popular titles than Galaxy Of Terror and Forbidden World.

If they do release it only on DVD, I won't be buying it for a while. I already got screwed over when they released The Stepfather on blu-ray a few months after.
Unfortunately SPM may not get the blu-ray treatment. I assumed it was very popular as well but apparently its not. I'm a little bummed, but at least they nailed the cover art and we'll most likely get an anamorphic transfer.

Cliff Mac had this to say over at AVManiacs:

Quote:
No Blu-Ray.... Blu-Ray sales for even the big Corman titles aren't so swell, so there is little chance of SPM making it on Blu-Ray.... or HD transfers being done.
Creating Blu-Rays are expensive and if they don't sell, you just chucked a bunch of money out the window.
crikan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 09:44 PM   #192
Nailwraps
HackMaster

I agree with Cliff Mac, it's best to use money wisely and I don;t think we should take advatage, we're already getting Humanoids From The Deep on DVD and Blu. When the time comes for SPM to go the Blu, the time comes.
Old 06-24-2010, 09:54 PM   #193
crikan
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nailwraps View Post
I agree with Cliff Mac, it's best to use money wisely and I don;t think we should take advatage, we're already getting Humanoids From The Deep on DVD and Blu. When the time comes for SPM to go the Blu, the time comes.
I read that quote and it sounds like the time will be never.

I have too admit I feel a bit slighted. I've been getting so excited for these Corman releases because I've a big SPM fan. Every month fans of the other films would receive great news that their favorites were getting blu-ray releases, but then the door gets slammed shut on SPM. I understand why they need to proceeed with caution and I'll still buy all of these releases, but it is disappointing.

Last edited by crikan; 06-24-2010 at 09:57 PM.
crikan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 10:11 PM   #194
Chomp
Rudest Motherfucker on HD

A BLU of the SPM flicks would be nice, but I bet Shout!ís transfer will be spectacular even in standard def. So, Iím not really fretting over it. I just canít wait to have these in my possession.
Chomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 10:53 PM   #195
Nailwraps
HackMaster

We have a press release/schedule for Shout! at San Diego Comi-Con:

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Sit...010-SDCC/13972