Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 06-24-2010, 10:56 PM   #196
Darga
Narcissistic Personality

If the Blu-ray sales of the big Corman titles aren't selling well I just hope Shout Factory don't get cold feet and change their minds about the Humanoids Blu-ray. It seems like it's still earlier enough for them to do that. Now I'm scared.
Darga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 11:15 PM   #197
Nailwraps
HackMaster

Non-Shout! related, but Gamera related, Retromedia recently released their SE of Destroy All Planets 2010 (Gamera Vs. Outer Space Monster Viras) with a new transfer and commentary.:

http://www.dvdaf.com/search.html?rel..._gamera*rgn_us

From what I know, it's only available on Amazon. Anyway, it gave me an idea on the dubbed versions of the Gamera films; if Shout! Factory can't provide the dubbed versions of the Gamera films with the Japanese versions, then maybe Retromedia can release the dubbed versions on DVD on thier own.
Nailwraps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 12:42 AM   #198
dickieduvet
Maniac

As long as we get Piranha and Humanoids on Blu I'll be a happy bunny.
dickieduvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 08:48 AM   #199
CPT HOOK
HackMaster

I sent them an e-mail expressing interest in a Slumber Party Massacre blu-ray.

Anyone else who is interested, you can contact them here or via their twitter account.
CPT HOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 02:05 AM   #200
eric_angelus
Testacular

The Evil is coming paired with Twice Dead!!!

http://www.amazon.com/Evil-Twice-Rog...d_bxgy_d_img_b
eric_angelus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 04:33 AM   #201
Erick H.
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric_angelus View Post
The Evil is coming paired with Twice Dead!!!

http://www.amazon.com/Evil-Twice-Rog...d_bxgy_d_img_b
Cool.I see they have the SLUMBER PARTY MASSACRE and STARCRASH releases slated too.Fun stuff.
Erick H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 09:28 PM   #202
fceurich39
HackMaster

another review for forbidden world
http://www.avmaniacs.com/review.php?id=1460
fceurich39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 02:40 AM   #203
Nailwraps
HackMaster

Piranha Blu-Ray has been reviewed!!:

http://www.avmaniacs.com/review.php?id=1472
Nailwraps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 03:01 AM   #204
Matt89
HackMaster

I'm definitely grabbing this. I've only grabbed the blu's of Rock 'n' Roll High School, Death Race 2000 and the DVD of Suburbia and I already love this new "Roger Corman's Cult Classics" line. Can't wait for Forbidden World and Galaxy of Terror.

~Matt
Old 07-05-2010, 03:46 AM   #205
dickieduvet
Maniac

The wait for Piranha and Humanoids is killing me, Can't bloody wait any longer, Let's hope my suppliers get them in early. Just ordered a 60" Plasma for my Blu collection too.
dickieduvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 03:51 AM   #206
Bluenoser
Stalker

Anyone else notice that amazon.ca pushed their date for Piranha back to August 17? For some reason, Humanoids is still August 3.
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 03:55 AM   #207
CPT HOOK
HackMaster

Rock 'n' Roll High School is their only blu-ray I've bought so far. I got The Stepfather on DVD last fall, wish I had waited on that one.

I will definitely be getting Humanoids on blu-ray. I'm most looking forward to Twice Dead and the Slumber Party Massacre series.

I've said this a few times now, I really wish they would reconsider giving Slumber Party Massacre the blu-ray treatment. I love these movies.

I'm considering blind-buying Galaxy Of Terror and Forbidden World on blu-ray depending on my budget. If it comes down to buying one or the other, which movie should take precedence?
CPT HOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 04:17 AM   #208
Matt89
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenoser View Post
Anyone else notice that amazon.ca pushed their date for Piranha back to August 17? For some reason, Humanoids is still August 3.
Shit seriously? Whatever, I'll grab them at HMV, which is where I got Rock 'n' Roll High School and Death Race 2000 on blu-ray for $18.99 each (Rock 'n' Roll High School is now $21.99). But yeah, HMV is getting fucking GREAT for blu-rays. They're now consistently about $3-4 cheaper than Best Buy and Future Shop. A Single Man comes out on blu-ray on Tuesday, it's $24.99 at HMV, and $28.99 at Future Shop.

~Matt
Old 07-05-2010, 04:35 AM   #209
x666x
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt89 View Post
Shit seriously? Whatever, I'll grab them at HMV, which is where I got Rock 'n' Roll High School and Death Race 2000 on blu-ray for $18.99 each (Rock 'n' Roll High School is now $21.99). But yeah, HMV is getting fucking GREAT for blu-rays. They're now consistently about $3-4 cheaper than Best Buy and Future Shop. A Single Man comes out on blu-ray on Tuesday, it's $24.99 at HMV, and $28.99 at Future Shop.

~Matt
HMV Superstore? Cool. I actually checked out the local, more independent video stores and a lot of them don't even carry the Blu versions yet. I like to try to support them, but I guess HMV will have to do. Glad to see their prices are good for this stuff. Apparently most of their business is in movies and games now. Not too much in music sales a la Tower Records (rip). Wonder how Virgin is doing in the US. They never invaded Toronto as originally planned.

So why no 5.1 with Shout Factory? Wasn't the deal with HD that 5.1 was the standard?

Last edited by x666x; 07-05-2010 at 05:22 AM.
x666x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 06:39 AM   #210
Matt89
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by x666x View Post
HMV Superstore? Cool. I actually checked out the local, more independent video stores and a lot of them don't even carry the Blu versions yet. I like to try to support them, but I guess HMV will have to do. Glad to see their prices are good for this stuff. Apparently most of their business is in movies and games now. Not too much in music sales a la Tower Records (rip). Wonder how Virgin is doing in the US. They never invaded Toronto as originally planned.

So why no 5.1 with Shout Factory? Wasn't the deal with HD that 5.1 was the standard?
Yeah man, the Superstore has crazy deals on blu-rays right now. Easy Rider on blu for $19.99, The Green Mile for $19.99 as well. An American Werewolf in London and The Last Starfighter for $14.99, and a ton of Anchor Bay blu-rays for $12.99 (Day of the Dead, Hellraiser/Children of the Corn Double Feature, Dawn of the Dead...not sure if Halloween is $12.99 either). But lots of other stuff to check out as well, I just can't remember all the titles. Their blu-ray promotions over the past 3 or 4 months have been awesome. I'm just hoping the blu-ray book of North By Northwest drops soon. $34.99 is still way more than I'm willing to pay for it.

~Matt