Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 05-09-2013, 02:57 AM   #2401
nateynate87
Victim

Yup I believe you're correct Marshall Crist, definitely was not anaglyph red/blue.
nateynate87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 03:03 AM   #2402
Jimmy S
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobby View Post
Wouldn't it be wise to give us Amityville 3D in it's original Anaglyph red/blue 3D form?
Yes that would have been nice. Sure we got it finally in 3D, but with no chance of watching it

At least I won't be able as I sure don't have a 3D TV and a 3D blu-ray reader. So a 3D version watchable with glasses in place of a 2D version would have been a good compromise for those of us who don't swim in 100$ bills every nights.

Don't take this as a complaint... at least I'll have it available to watch in a very distant future, but it isn't fun to have a disc laughing at you in your shelves because you can't watch it. I hope the extras will be interesting since that film isn't that good, in fact I'm only interested by the second one.
Jimmy S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 04:02 AM   #2403
Nailwraps
HackMaster

Quote:
Wouldn't it be wise to give us Amityville 3D in it's original Anaglyph red/blue 3D form?
Perhaps if they plan it for a DVD version of the set.
Nailwraps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 04:18 AM   #2404
Jimmy S
Stalker

I'm positive I've read on their Facebook page that it'll blu-ray only. But as I wrote why not a real 3D version and a glasses lesser version since this film will get two disc (3D and 2D) anyway. Not getting a 2D version isn't a big deal, but getting an unwatchable 3D version (for some people like me and probably many others) isn't great...
Jimmy S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 04:26 AM   #2405
Werewolf Vixen
Screamy Bopper

I think it's cool the U.S. edit of Lizard in A Women's Skin a.k.a. Schizoid is being released. I'm all for the original U.S. theatrical versions being made available along side the uncut versions. Ideally, they'd be in the same set, but rights issues can make that complicated.

Now I'd love for Shout to release They Call Her One Eye. The A.I.P. edit of Thriller: A Cruel Picture. It's never been made available on any home video format that I'm aware of. And yes, that includes the Synapse DVD that adds the U.S. title to the non-hardcore print they released. The true U.S. cut runs 82 minutes and some say it's superior to the 100+ uncut minute version in terms of pacing. Either way. It'd be nice to have both versions available.

I also think that Day of the Dead artwork is pretty cool looking. I also liked the new From Beyond artwork for it's comic book style. Day of the Dead's original theatrical poster is so dull and bland, that I wish they'd make the Media VHS release cover the reversible artwork, since it's much more pleasing in my opinion. Or at least offer an insert with that artwork that could be placed over the theatrical cover if desired.
Werewolf Vixen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 04:57 AM   #2406
startide
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutilated Prey View Post
None taken, although I think you Aussie's are nutty as a fruitcake
It's a badge we wear with pride, my friend.

That said, I did have a thought after I posted that and it went something along the lines of this (mind you, it doesn't apply to the ZDude, as you'll see!). I'm a woman. Although I'm not a romance reading woman, we tend to like the "happy ever afters" (ie, the final payoff). When we don't get the happy ever afters, we feel cheated and incredibly ripped off. I don't particular care who the killer is, I just want one! It's why I hated Zodiac and its ilk, and why I love cozy mysteries (Murder She Wrote, varying gentle Brit varieties) and procedural crime shows of all types (Criminal Minds - current fave). I suspect it's also why I have problems with Argento's later work (something to do with linear story lines).
startide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 02:23 PM   #2407
Mutilated Prey
Soul Stealer

Quote:
Originally Posted by startide View Post
It's a badge we wear with pride, my friend.

That said, I did have a thought after I posted that and it went something along the lines of this (mind you, it doesn't apply to the ZDude, as you'll see!). I'm a woman. Although I'm not a romance reading woman, we tend to like the "happy ever afters" (ie, the final payoff). When we don't get the happy ever afters, we feel cheated and incredibly ripped off. I don't particular care who the killer is, I just want one! It's why I hated Zodiac and its ilk, and why I love cozy mysteries (Murder She Wrote, varying gentle Brit varieties) and procedural crime shows of all types (Criminal Minds - current fave). I suspect it's also why I have problems with Argento's later work (something to do with linear story lines).
I see, I see. If no one answers the "Whodunnit?" you feel let down. I used to feel that way, but something changed my way of thinking and now I kinda like the "draw your own conclusion" ending sometimes. Makes for good conversation. Do you cozy up with Danielle Steele too
Old 05-09-2013, 09:26 PM   #2408
Katatonia
Master of Doom

Lots of the previously announced August pre-orders are now up on Shout's website:

A Boy and His Dog Blu-ray + DVD Combo

Dark Angel Blu-ray

The Hot Spot / Killing Me Softly Blu-ray

Q: The Winged Serpent Blu-ray

Roadie Blu-ray

Swamp Thing Blu-ray + DVD Combo

X-Ray / Schizoid Blu-ray + DVD Combo

All Night Horror Marathon - The Godsend/The Outing/The Vagrant/Schizoid DVD

Awesome news that A Boy and His Dog is coming out!

Last edited by Katatonia; 05-09-2013 at 09:38 PM.
Katatonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 09:40 PM   #2409
wago70
Robinson Crusoe on Mars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall Crist View Post
I could be mistaken, but I think it was orignally released in polarized 3D (silver glasses.)
I agree. I kept them for years. It was on the only time in the 80's I saw a 3-D movie and the glasses were black rimmed plastic "Elvis Costello" 3-D glasses. Good times!
wago70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 11:24 PM   #2410
Nailwraps
HackMaster

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=11114

"Independent distributors Shout Factory have dated three catalog titles which will appear on Blu-ray later this year: L.Q. Jones' A Boy and His Dog (1975), Dennis Hopper's The Hot Spot (1990), and Chen Kaige's Killing Me Softly. The three films will be available for purchase in August.

A Boy and His Dog a.k.a Apocalypse 2024

World War IV has ravaged Earth, and its survivors must battle for food, shelter and companionship in a post-atomic wasteland. This classic sci-fi tale follows the exploits of a young man, Vic (Don Johnson), and his telepathic dog, Blood, as they struggle through the barren wilderness. In the midst of their meager existence, foraging for scraps of food and battling ruthless gangs, Vic and Blood encounter a young woman who lures them into a surreal city deep beneath the earth's surface. Based on the award-winning novella by acclaimed science-fiction author Harlan Ellison, A Boy and His Dog is a dark, twisted and sometimes comical trip through a post-apocalyptic reality in the not-too-distant future. Starring Don Johnson, Susanne Benton, and Jason Robards.

The Hot Spot

Harry Maddox (Johnson) is a handsome drifter who is not above larceny to make ends meet. After staging a daring daylight robbery at a local bank, he receives an alibi from an unexpected ally: Dolly Harshaw (Madsen), a sexy and mysterious local woman who has her own plans for him. But when Harry falls for another beautiful woman (Connelly), he incurs Dolly's wrath and finds himself caught in a maze of jealousy, betrayal and murder in which escape is impossible...and danger is the ultimate aphrodisiac. Starring Don Johnson, Virginia Madsen, and Jennifer Connelly.

Killing Me Softly

Too much of a good thing...can be deadly. When Alice (Graham), an American living in London, meets Adam (Fiennes), a handsome adventurer, she's lured out of her safe, mundane life to pursue an affair that brings her to the heights of excitement and ecstasy. But when Adam's mysterious and violent past begins to surface, Alice investigates...and learns that Adam's past-and her future-may both point to murder. Starring Heather Graham, Joseph Fiennes, and Natascha McElhone."
Nailwraps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 11:26 PM   #2411
Suicide
Space Bastard!

Not to perv out here, but I'm in for high-def Heather Graham and Jennifer Connelly boobs.

Sites I have no affiliation with, but highly recommend:
Hysteria Lives! . Bleeding Skull .
Suicide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 11:43 PM   #2412
Myron Breck
BOO!!! Gotcha!

Quote:
Normally I would agree (since I do not have a 3D set-up and doubt that I ever will), but I have the red/blue R2 DVD set and I was never able to get it to give a 3D effect. But that may have something to do with the fact that it R2...or the fact that I am a little colorblind. But that's never stopped me before.

"In this Age of Grand Illusion, you walked into my life out of my dreams..."
Myron Breck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 01:01 PM   #2413
maybrick
HackMaster

Roadie is now my most anticipated release of the year. This film just plain rocks in every sense of the term. August cannot come soon enough!
maybrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 01:50 PM   #2414
ronnie21
HackMaster

from 1980.. seen ads for it. never seen it..
ronnie21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 01:52 PM   #2415
ronnie21
HackMaster

I think "Q" is just gonna be a rehash of the blue underground dvd...
ronnie21 is offline   Reply With Quote