Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 05-18-2013, 04:34 PM   #2461
Nailwraps
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vance Vandy
Not sure why Universal didn't release this themselves. Would have been preferable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katatonia View Post
Preferable with no extras?
Less Don Mancini and/or David Kirschner become aware and get involved with the releases.
Nailwraps is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 05:34 PM   #2462
cjg
Maniac

I am going to be so fucking broke.
cjg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 05:46 PM   #2463
Demoni
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacetraveler View Post
Do you think we will get a US release of both films on blu-ray? If so, when do you think they will be released?
US will eventually get this... when? I donīt know!
Old 05-18-2013, 07:05 PM   #2464
Katatonia
Master of Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nailwraps View Post
Less Don Mancini and/or David Kirschner become aware and get involved with the releases.
Huh? I thought we were talking about fucking Prince of Darkness here.

Shout aren't even releasing any Child's Play titles. Let Universal release 'em themselves if they want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy S View Post
Because it would have been a 5$ garbage bin title, some people prefer that and it's exactly the reason why the majors doesn't release catalog titles anymore (or to be more precise, very few of them MOD). When I think I was happy when I was able to get a VHS titles for less than 50$ twenty years ago... no way in my mind 20$ is too much for a fully loaded DVD or BR.
Okay, fair enough. But I for one would gladly pay $20 for a loaded Blu-ray of Prince of Darkness, etc...

Even if Universal did release it themselves, it'd likely take a while for it to be found as cheap as $5. I'm still waiting on quite a few of their Blu-ray releases from a couple years back to be found anywhere lower than $7.

Katatonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 07:19 PM   #2465
satans-sadists
Humanitarian

On the topic of Prince of Darkness, it would be awesome if Alice Cooper were involved in one of the bonus features! Even just a brief interview talking about the film. I don't expect it, but maybe it's possible?

Back to other Universal titles, it would be cool to see Shout release The Sentinel (1977) on Blu-ray.
satans-sadists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 07:23 PM   #2466
buck135
The Duke of New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by satans-sadists View Post
On the topic of Prince of Darkness, it would be awesome if Alice Cooper were involved in one of the bonus features! Even just a brief interview talking about the film. I don't expect it, but maybe it's possible?
I wouldn't doubt it. Mr. Cooper is awesome.
Old 05-18-2013, 07:24 PM   #2467
JimSmith
Banned Mofo

The Sentinel

Quote:

Back to other Universal titles, it would be cool to see Shout release The Sentinel (1977) on Blu-ray.
The Sentinel is a damn good one also! :-) Like I've said before I'd really love to see blu-ray releases of Fright Night and Fright Night 2 from Shout Factory! :-)
JimSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 07:38 PM   #2468
X-human
I ate my keys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy S View Post
Because it would have been a 5$ garbage bin title, some people prefer that and it's exactly the reason why the majors doesn't release catalog titles anymore (or to be more precise, very few of them MOD). When I think I was happy when I was able to get a VHS titles for less than 50$ twenty years ago... no way in my mind 20$ is too much for a fully loaded DVD or BR.
It's a tough balance. On the one hand there are movies I'd glad pay $20+ for if it includes an excellent transfer and/or great extras. On the other hand there are movies I just like to watch that I'd rather pay $5 for and leave it at that.

The conclusion I've come to is not to buy the movies I only want to pay $5 for in the first place. I've bought so many movies simply because I want to see them and it's cheap. Now they sit on a shelf still shrink wrapped 10 or more years later. That's money I could have spent on movies I like with excellent transfers that I would have watched multiple times over those past ten years. Or hookers. Think of all the hookers I could have bought.

A Few Ants Short. And what the hell, check out my DVD Collection won't you?
X-human is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 08:05 PM   #2469
maybrick
HackMaster

I'd love it if POD had the weird alternate tv cut as an extra. I wouldn't even care if its from a VHS dupe. I just want to see it.
maybrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 08:20 PM   #2470
Buechlers_beard
Stalker

Quote:

Was quite interested in The Sentinel (going back to my post of a a 'burbs BD), after Corey Feldman spoke of it in the 'burbs. Wasn't very good in my mind. Should have known when it said directed by Michael Winner lol.

Regardless, if you like it I hope for a good release for your sake.
Buechlers_beard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 08:28 PM   #2471
fceurich39
HackMaster

dunno why but only dark angel appeals to me for all the august titles was going to get swamp thing but it isn't the international cut!!!
fceurich39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 08:43 PM   #2472
Buechlers_beard
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by fceurich39 View Post
dunno why but only dark angel appeals to me for all the august titles was going to get swamp thing but it isn't the international cut!!!
I would have ordered had it been uncut too. Not a big fan of the film but I am of Adrienne's boobies!
Buechlers_beard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 08:47 PM   #2473
Jimmy S
Stalker

Quote:
Okay, fair enough. But I for one would gladly pay $20 for a loaded Blu-ray of Prince of Darkness, etc...
As I would. I've imported the region 2 DVD years ago for more than that in place of the cheaper extra less region 1 DVD.

If I like a movie it isn't a big deal for me to pay more to know more about it.
Jimmy S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 10:17 PM   #2474
dave13
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buechlers_beard View Post
I would have ordered had it been uncut too. Not a big fan of the film but I am of Adrienne's boobies!
hate to say it, but yeah, they were probably the best part of the film. great extras might get my buy though.
dave13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 11:35 PM   #2475
Vance Vandy
Stalker

Quote:
Preferable with no extras?
I just don't much care for this label and prefer not to buy their product. POD is one of my favorite movies though, so I'll wind up getting it on the second hand market.
Vance Vandy is offline   Reply With Quote