Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 05-24-2013, 02:21 PM   #2551
WesReviews
HackMaster

Yeah, not sure what is up with all the Psycho IV hate. It's WAY better than Psycho III.

Oh, The Horror! Reviews - Horror movie reviews... all decades, all sub-genres.
ACTION ALLIANCE - Action film talk with action film fans.

"Life differs from the play only in this... it has no plot, all is vague, desultory, unconnected till the curtain drops with the mystery unsolved." - Edward George Bulwer-Lytton
WesReviews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 02:35 PM   #2552
Matt89
HackMaster

If they can release Amityville III, surely they can release Psycho IV? I don't understand their logic on that one.

~Matt
Old 05-24-2013, 03:07 PM   #2553
dave13
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt89 View Post
If they can release Amityville III, surely they can release Psycho IV? I don't understand their logic on that one.

~Matt
i'd thought of that. both are pretty bad films. but besides being a 3D theatrical release, which immediately gives it a bit more cache than psycho IV, for whatever reason i find amityville 3D to be a lot more...fun, for lack of a better word, than psycho IV. Psycho IV, like most made-for-tv movies is very forgettable. just like omen IV. i can't exactly put my finger on it, but i'm much more interested in picking up amityville III on BD than pyscho IV, and i have a strong feeling a lot of other people would be in the same boat.
dave13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 03:11 PM   #2554
It's me, Billy
Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave13 View Post
i'd thought of that. both are pretty bad films. but besides being a 3D theatrical release, which immediately gives it a bit more cache than psycho IV, for whatever reason i find amityville 3D to be a lot more...fun, for lack of a better word, than psycho IV. Psycho IV, like most made-for-tv movies is very forgettable. just like omen IV. i can't exactly put my finger on it, but i'm much more interested in picking up amityville III on BD than pyscho IV, and i have a strong feeling a lot of other people would be in the same boat.
Psycho IV has some wonderful acting from Perkins though. Seeing him in his final Bates role makes it worth it.
It's me, Billy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 03:20 PM   #2555
Body Boy
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesReviews View Post
Yeah, not sure what is up with all the Psycho IV hate. It's WAY better than Psycho III.
No.

Just, no.
Body Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 05:08 PM   #2556
Nailwraps
HackMaster

I thought all 4 were pretty great. Perhaps the first 2 sequels were the only ones they could aquire at this point.
Nailwraps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 09:35 PM   #2557
ronnie21
HackMaster

naw. didn't care for Psycho iv..
ronnie21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 09:47 PM   #2558
Mikey Horror
HackMaster

I love the first two. I thought three and four were outright terrible. I'm definitely looking forward to Scream's collector's edition of part 2.
Old 05-24-2013, 11:31 PM   #2559
Nailwraps
HackMaster

From Scream's Facebook!:

"- Scannners II & III (Blu-ray & DVD Combo): 9/10
- Day of the Dead (Collector's Edition DVD and Blu-ray): 9/17"
Nailwraps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 01:07 AM   #2560
Zombie Dude
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-human View Post
They probably looked at the cost to license and then considered how many more people would buy the set if Psycho IV was included. I'm guessing the number of hold outs for IV would be close to zero. So it would have been an extra expense with small gain of sales creating perhaps a negative return on investment. I can't blame them for passing on Psycho IV.

Shout isn't like Universal who's already heavily invest in Psycho IV and the argument can be made at Universal that you might as well get the most of the investment. To Shout it's an added expense with little chance to break even none the less a profitable return. I'd rather Shout make some decisions that keep them in the black then in the red since overall they're doing a very good job.

On the other hand The Birds II: Land's End obviously needs a Blu-ray combo release since it didn't even get a DVD release. Get it before Rifftrax does!
Yea that makes sense. If it wasn't an extra expense for them we probably would have seen it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Body Boy View Post
No.

Just, no.
I have to agree. Part 3 was a decent slasher. After watching it pretty much back-to-back with 2 I can't say it left me disappointed.
Old 05-25-2013, 03:41 PM   #2561
bruce h
Editor - CINEMA ARCANA

Looks like I never started a separate thread for it, so here's Rock!Shock!Pop! on ELECTRAGLIDE IN BLUE:

http://www.rockshockpop.com/forums/c...-GLIDE-IN-BLUE
bruce h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 09:14 AM   #2562
CPT HOOK
HackMaster

I know "cartoons" aren't the popular subject matter here, but Rocko's Modern Life: The Complete Series is currently $14.99 at Best Buy.
CPT HOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 11:43 AM   #2563
nateynate87
Victim

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPT HOOK View Post
I know "cartoons" aren't the popular subject matter here, but Rocko's Modern Life: The Complete Series is currently $14.99 at Best Buy.
That's a great deal,I think I paid 14.99 for each of the other 3 seasons. I was holding out for a season 4 release but at this price I might as well pick it up and just sell the other 3.

Thanks for the heads up!
nateynate87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 05:00 PM   #2564
CPT HOOK
HackMaster

I already had the first two seasons, so I'm doing the same thing. I never got around to opening them, so they're both still brand new. Actually, I just checked, and my Season One DVD already sold!

Plus, I used a Reward Zone certificate, so it was only $9.99 for the complete series.
CPT HOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 06:43 PM   #2565
elDomenechHDG
HackMaster

Am I the only one who bought Small Wonder Season 1 from Shout? Guilty pleasure but I don't know if I would buy further seasons. How many were there?
elDomenechHDG is offline   Reply With Quote