Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 06-12-2013, 08:27 PM   #2671
Matt89
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by maybrick View Post
I can't stand them either. I wound up flattening them out and stashing them in a closet.
Hahaha I do exactly the same thing. I flattened all of them and put them in a drawer.

~Matt
Old 06-12-2013, 09:07 PM   #2672
JimSmith
Banned Mofo

The Burning

Quote:
Originally Posted by crikan View Post
I finally picked up my first Scream Factory release (The Burning). Before, The horrendous cover art wasn't a problem because I knew there is reversible cover art. Now I realize that doesn't help much because the slip cover is what I see sitting on my shelf and my OCD won't allow me to throw it in the trash...yet. If I buy enough of these Scream Factory releases I just might start throwing slip covers in the trash.
The newly commissioned artwork for The Burning blu-ray is infinitely better than the original movie poster art! The original movie poster looks like the front cover to a romance novel!
JimSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 09:26 PM   #2673
crikan
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimSmith View Post
The newly commissioned artwork for The Burning blu-ray is infinitely better than the original movie poster art! The original movie poster looks like the front cover to a romance novel!
The front cover to a "romance novel of death". It my not be the best 80's poster art but it ain't bad. I kinda dig it as romance novel parody. It certainly beats the floating heads and garish colors of the new Scream Factory art.
crikan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 09:31 PM   #2674
Shlockjock81
HackMaster

Quote:
You have officially lost all credibility with me.
Shlockjock81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 10:15 PM   #2675
Dobby
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shlockjock81 View Post
You have officially lost all credibility with me.
This cover argument is always being made year after year. I have lost track at the number of times I have read people making the same exact remark. About the cover looking like a romance novel which is quite true. IMO I don't think to this very day any cover could this incredible movie any justice.
Dobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 10:17 PM   #2676
Body Boy
HackMaster

Quote:
It's not even funny how much I disagree with this first sentence.
Body Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 10:20 PM   #2677
Dobby
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Body Boy View Post
It's not even funny how much I disagree with this first sentence.
Yeah agreed the new cover on the Blu is kind of lame.
Old 06-12-2013, 10:26 PM   #2678
ronnie21
HackMaster

one thing I don't like about the Burning Blu-ray. is that in the opening menu, it gives away the raft massacre right away. I wanted that to be a surprise for those who never seen it..
ronnie21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 10:26 PM   #2679
Jimmy S
Stalker

Quote:
The newly commissioned artwork for The Burning blu-ray is infinitely better than the original movie poster art!
In your face floating head covers are never better than original art. There is a reason why people collect original theatrical poster...
Jimmy S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 10:40 PM   #2680
Dobby
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie21 View Post
one thing I don't like about the Burning Blu-ray. is that in the opening menu, it gives away the raft massacre right away. I wanted that to be a surprise for those who never seen it..
That is with any digital release these days putting spoilers all over the artwork and menus.
Old 06-12-2013, 11:05 PM   #2681
Suicide
Space Bastard!

I wouldn't say the new Burning art is great, but I never liked that old romance novel poster either. People are also bitching about the Prince of Darkness cover, which really has me baffled. Even if you don't like the new cover art, the original poster for Prince of Darkness is hideous, one of my least favorite original posters ever.

Sites I have no affiliation with, but highly recommend:
Hysteria Lives! . Bleeding Skull .
Suicide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 11:10 PM   #2682
deepred
Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie21 View Post
I've never seen The Burning. I will try to remember to keep my eyes closed during the menu if I ever get my hands on the blu-ray. I hate when they do that too.

I feel the same way about trailers nowadays too. They show so much, why even bother going to see it after they spoiled everything?
deepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 11:24 PM   #2683
maybrick
HackMaster

The funny thing is, Criterion seems to use a lot of non-poster art for their covers and I never have the problem with them that I do with Scream Factory. Why? I don't know. I guess that it just feels like their art is created by genuine "artists" rather than by the metal dude I used to sit next to in art class. In comparison, Scream Factory covers are Amateur Hour.
maybrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 11:30 PM   #2684
deepred
Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by maybrick View Post
The funny thing is, Criterion seems to use a lot of non-poster art for their covers and I never have the problem with them that I do with Scream Factory. Why? I don't know. I guess that it just feels like their art is created by genuine "artists" rather than by the metal dude I used to sit next to in art class. In comparison, Scream Factory covers are Amateur Hour.
That and Criterion keeps it simple which I like.
deepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 11:43 PM   #2685
x666x
HackMaster

Yes, the Scream factory covers are too busy and cartoonish. The better half of the Alamo Drafthouse stuff would be great. Imagine their poster for The Burning on the Blu?
x666x is online now   Reply With Quote