Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 06-27-2013, 08:37 PM   #2791
Mutilated Prey
Soul Stealer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawningblue View Post
In regards to the slipcovers, Cliff has stated several times on Bluray.com that the slipcovers aren't limited. As long as the collector's editions will be released, they should include the slipcover.

If you arent getting them it's because some online retailers toss them. There have been reports of Amazon, Best Buy, ImportCDs, ect. doing this. Apparently just about every Barnes and Noble store does this as well.

Makes no sense to me as it's not like they add any more size or weight to the Bluray. I wonder if some of them get ruined in storage and rather then send a movie with a roughed up slipcover they just toss them and hope you don't notice. If you complain to Amazon they will let you exchange it for you, or I have even heard in some cases offer a few dollars discount.
Yeah, that's fucking stupid.

Our good friend and poster connoisseur wago70 has offered me one of his extras, so it's nice to have family here
Old 06-27-2013, 08:56 PM   #2792
maybrick
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutilated Prey View Post
Our good friend and poster connoisseur wago70 has offered me one of his extras, so it's nice to have family here
I considered doing that for you as well, but knowing me I'd probably regret it 6 months down the line.
maybrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 09:04 PM   #2793
Mikey Horror
HackMaster

I know Barnes and Noble tosses their slipcovers. Not that I shop there anyway because their prices are fucking retarded, but yeah, I really don't get why some retailers toss them in the trash. Makes no sense.

Last edited by Mikey Horror; 06-28-2013 at 01:34 AM.
Mikey Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 09:29 PM   #2794
Chomp
Rudest Motherfucker on HD

They probably get damaged in shipment...and instead of dealing with some whiney bitch complaining about a 2cm. tear in the slipcover, they just toss it ignorantly ...not knowing some people covet slipcovers like the holy grail.
Chomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 09:34 PM   #2795
Mutilated Prey
Soul Stealer

Quote:
Originally Posted by maybrick View Post
I considered doing that for you as well, but knowing me I'd probably regret it 6 months down the line.
Nice, now I know who to badger if wago70 falls through

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chomp View Post
They probably get damaged in shipment...and instead of dealing with some whiney bitch complaining about a 2cm. tear in the slipcover, they just toss it ignorantly ...not knowing some people covet slipcovers like the holy grail.
Definitely a lot of truth to that. I have some slipcovers that are more banged up (received that way on delivery) than I'd prefer, but I'd never bitch about it. For this scenario, I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask if it was just possible to get one sent over and at least they answered me.
Old 06-27-2013, 10:05 PM   #2796
spawningblue
Deadite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutilated Prey View Post
Glad to hear! Months ago I had an extra but traded it for some slips I was missing. It would probably cost a ton to get it to you anyway without it getting damaged.

My Movie Collection

The Horror and More! Podcast
spawningblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 12:41 AM   #2797
Mutilated Prey
Soul Stealer

My Prison Blu from importcds came with a slipcover , phew!
Old 06-28-2013, 12:48 AM   #2798
dave13
HackMaster

i ordered phantasm II and From Beyond from ImportCDs, and got both slipcovers. My general MO now is to preorder on amazon.ca. so far, everything that should have a slipcover has had one. and none have been damaged. i'd be seriously pissed if i missed out on one.
dave13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 07:58 PM   #2799
CPT HOOK
HackMaster

Just announced:

Quote:
SURPRISE ANNOUNCEMENT! Even MORE cheap thrills on the horizon…“Volume 2” of our SCREAM FACTORY ALL-NIGHT HORROR MARATHON series is coming soon!

Another fun and frightening multi-title DVD set is scheduled to land on October 29th. Titles include:

THE DUNGEONMASTER (1984) – Original story by Empire Pictures’ Charles Band.
CATACOMBS (1988) – From Director David Schmoeller (Tourist Trap, Crawlspace, Puppetmaster)
CELLAR DWELLER (1988) – From Director John Carl Buechler (Troll, Friday the 13th Part 7)
CONTAMINATION 7 (1993) – From Director Joe D’Amato (Ator: The Fighting Eagle, Emmanuelle in Bangkok)

All 4 films have never been on DVD before and you can get them for a super low $9.99 SRP.

Pre-order links on ScreamFactoryDVD.com, Amazon and other fine online retailers coming soon!

CPT HOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 08:16 PM   #2800
bruce h
Editor - CINEMA ARCANA

Awesome news! Hopefully they're newer prints. I imagine they'll get some John Carl Buechler commentary at the very least.
bruce h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 08:45 PM   #2801
Nailwraps
HackMaster

Scream commented on their post:

"For those curious: Technical specs are as follows:

Catacombs: 16x9 1.66
Cellar Dwellar: 4x3 full frame
Contamination 7:1.78:1
Dungeonmaster (aka RAGE WAR): 1.78:1. All all-new transfer that includes a pre-credit dream sequence missing from the Lightning Video VHS."

Now I ask them if Celler Dweller is a new master or from the only good source MGM had.
Nailwraps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 09:36 PM   #2802
Mutilated Prey
Soul Stealer

Interesting!
Old 06-28-2013, 09:42 PM   #2803
JimSmith
Banned Mofo

I'm glad that Scream Factory is releasing Cellar Dweller! :-) I'd like to see Catacombs as well! :-)
JimSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 10:23 PM   #2804
MisterTwister
HackMaster

I'm not a huge fan of Cellar Dweller but the monster is pretty awesome.

Dungeonmaster and Crawlers are a lot of fun, though and Catacombs looks like fun.
Old 06-28-2013, 11:18 PM   #2805
Vortex
Stalker

Just recorded Crawlers off of MGM HD recently. I'll just keep that rather than downgrade to DVD.
Vortex is offline   Reply With Quote