Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 07-20-2013, 08:13 AM   #2881
buck135
The Duke of New York

The only one I'd be interested in would be Assault, if it didn't already have a terrific blu-ray already out there. I'll be passing on the rest.
Old 07-20-2013, 02:28 PM   #2882
elDomenechHDG
Maniac

I'm just going to come right out and say it: this announcement feels like a bad joke. They had us waiting with baited breath until Comic Con to announce an arthouse Clive Barker horror flick, a 90's Universal throwaway (Darkman), a completely unnecessary reissue (AoP13), another early 80's sci-fi cheesefest (Saturn 3) and a silly Gregory Hines TV movie (Eve of Destruction)? Any one of these could've been announced on an ordinary weekday and probably would've gotten a better reaction. Phew, what a letdown.

Last edited by elDomenechHDG; 07-20-2013 at 07:41 PM.
elDomenechHDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 05:34 PM   #2883
wago70
Robinson Crusoe on Mars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vance Vandy View Post
The Inititation of Sarah is one of my most wanted titles on Bluray.
Yes, oh yes! Love this one.
wago70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 05:37 PM   #2884
rhett

My favorite announcement is for that TV set. Initiation of Sarah is one of the best MFTs out there. Would love to see some extras, but since it's a double feature I'm not holding my breath. Bring on more of those!!!

Assault is my favorite flick, so I'm excited if it means new extras, but yeah, Image's Blu, and previous SE DVD, are pretty damn good already. Eve of Destruction, though, I'm kind of excited to check out again. Has a pretty mean streak in it, reminds me of a lower-rent Species but with a cyborg instead of an alien.
Old 07-20-2013, 11:25 PM   #2885
Mattapooh
Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhett View Post
My favorite announcement is for that TV set. Initiation of Sarah is one of the best MFTs out there. Would love to see some extras, but since it's a double feature I'm not holding my breath. Bring on more of those!!!
Same here, that's the only announcement I'm actually really excited about. Here's hoping this becomes a regular thing for them.
Mattapooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 11:55 PM   #2886
cjg
Maniac

I know he is not interested in them but I sure would like to see the Count Yorga movies in Blu
cjg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 12:04 AM   #2887
Nailwraps
HackMaster

Cliff had this to say on the Blu-ray.com forums today:

"We had hoped to announce more but a few deals didn't close in time.
There is more horror coming."
Nailwraps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 12:59 AM   #2888
startide
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey Horror View Post
What a let down. It's like meeting a beautiful girl in a bar, taking her home and finding out she has a dick. Damn.

Are You In the House Alone is so damn ordinary it might as well be one of the crap films I see at midday during the weekdays. One of those 90s, made on video telefilms starring Melissa Gilbert, or even lesser versions of Melissa Gilbert, whose names I don't remember. One of those women who only makes crappy TV movies for WIN (World International Network) or Hallmark.

I know it's all down to licensing, but ugh. Hell, I've seen a lot of those films that were better than AYITHA!
startide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 02:08 AM   #2889
RickMoe
Stalker

SATURN FUCKING 3!!!!!

I've been waiting 15 years for a quality digital release on this one... a completely awesome film!! Sure you can get a widescreen disc overseas, but to have an HD bluray?!?!? Maybe WITH extras??? Hopefully with all that deleted footage too... I remember the TV version (way back from '86) that had extra scenes of Adam trying to ditch Hector on the moon's surface - all this other stuff with the plants growing on the station... seriously cool stuff.

Here's something RARE for all you SATURN 3 fans out there.... FARRAH IN HER SEXY OUTFIT! it's in German, but it's more of Adam and Alex's trip out on Blue Moons....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wgbjan438Ag
Old 07-21-2013, 02:26 AM   #2890
Matt89
HackMaster

^ see? Someone's stoked. That's awesome.

~Matt
Old 07-21-2013, 02:40 AM   #2891
Nailwraps
HackMaster

Plus Saturn 3 will be on DVD as well so that's a bonus.
Nailwraps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 11:20 PM   #2892
fattyjoe37
HackMaster

While this news isn't as exciting as the recent Synapse slasher announcements, I'm still excited about a few of these. The must haves for me are Nightbreed, Darkman, and Assault on Precinct 13, but I'll check out the others too.
fattyjoe37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 12:22 AM   #2893
Myron Breck
BOO!!! Gotcha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickMoe View Post
SATURN FUCKING 3!!!!!

I've been waiting 15 years for a quality digital release on this one... a completely awesome film!! Sure you can get a widescreen disc overseas, but to have an HD bluray?!?!? Maybe WITH extras??? Hopefully with all that deleted footage too... I remember the TV version (way back from '86) that had extra scenes of Adam trying to ditch Hector on the moon's surface - all this other stuff with the plants growing on the station... seriously cool stuff.
I can't believe this announcement! I honestly never thought I'd see the day when a top-notch company like SF would be putting this gem before me. Let alone SARAH and ASSAULT! Oh, happy day!

"In this Age of Grand Illusion, you walked into my life out of my dreams..."
Myron Breck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 03:16 PM   #2894
crikan
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickMoe View Post
SATURN FUCKING 3!!!!!

I've been waiting 15 years for a quality digital release on this one... a completely awesome film!! Sure you can get a widescreen disc overseas, but to have an HD bluray?!?!? Maybe WITH extras??? Hopefully with all that deleted footage too..
I'm with ya. Day one purchase for me.
crikan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 03:57 PM   #2895
msw7
Morso a morte

I'm kindof curious about Nightbreed and Cat People, and maybe Saturn 13, but the rest don't interest me.
msw7 is offline   Reply With Quote