Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 07-25-2013, 07:18 PM   #2911
Nailwraps
HackMaster

Well, I can now put my theory of Shout! having a deal with Lionsgate to rest. Apparently, Shout! is now the new home of ITC titles previously held by Lionsgate (one of my theories was right; they got Sophie's Choice now).

Press Release (thanks to DVD Newsflash):

"SHOUT! FACTORY AND ITV STUDIOS GLOBAL ENTERTAINMENT
SIGN MULTI-FILM DEAL FOR HOME ENTERTAINMENT AND DIGITAL DISTRIBUTION

Iconic Film Properties Include Internationally Acclaimed Movie Classics
SOPHIE’S CHOICE, ON GOLDEN POND, THE EAGLE HAS LANDED, THE LAST UNICORN,
THE TAMARIND SEED, CAPRICORN ONE, THE CASSANDRA CROSSING, BRIEF ENCOUNTER, SATURN 3, THE MERCHANT OF VENICE, VOYAGE OF THE DAMNED,
THE BOYS FROM BRAZIL and much more

Los Angeles, Calif. and London, U.K – July 25, 2013 – Shout! Factory and ITV Studios Global Entertainment (ITVS GE) announced today a distribution agreement to bring a vast library of acclaimed cinema classics to the home entertainment marketplace in the U.S and Canada. The announcement was made by Shout! Factory’s founders Richard Foos, Bob Emmer and Garson Foos and Carol Lee, SVP Home Entertainment Americas for ITVS GE.

This exclusive multi-year deal will enable U.S. and Canadian audiences to watch over 30 highly sought-after film properties from ITVS GE on home entertainment and select digital platforms. Critically acclaimed and award-winning movies include SOPHIE’S CHOICE (Meryl Streep, Kevin Kline), ON GOLDEN POND (Katharine Hepburn, Henry Fonda), THE EAGLE HAS LANDED (Michael Caine, Donald Sutherland, Robert Duvall), THE LAST UNICORN(Jeff Bridges, Alan Arkin, Mia Farrow), THE TAMARIND SEED (Julie Andrews, Omar Sharif), CAPRICORN ONE(Elliott Gould, James Brolin), THE CASSANDRA CROSSING (Sophia Lauren, Richard Harris, Martin Sheen), BRIEF ENCOUNTER (Richard Burton, Sophia Lauren), SATURN 3 (Farrah Fawcett, Kirk Douglas, Harvey Keitel), THE MERCHANT OF VENICE (Laurence Olivier, Joan Plowright), VOYAGE OF THE DAMNED (Faye Dunaway, Oskar Werner, Lee Grant), THE BOYS FROM BRAZIL (Gregory Peck, Laurence Olivier), as well as numerous notable popular cult classic hits.

“We are excited about this new opportunity with ITV Studios Global Entertainment. Many of these iconic films have been unavailable or long out-of-print in the home entertainment marketplace. We look forward to bring these cinematic treasures back to their original luster and present these films to movie fans and collectors on digital entertainment platforms as well as at retail,” stated Shout! Factory’s founders.

“ITVS GE’s catalogue boasts some internationally acclaimed films, and this deal with Shout! Factory will give U.S. and Canadian consumers the opportunity to view some of these cinematic classics across physical and digital platforms.” said Carol Lee.
Shout! Factory plans an aggressive rollout of these cinema classics through physical home entertainment releases and a variety of digital entertainment distribution platforms beginning later this year. Shout! Factory and ITVS GE are working closely to remaster a number of great titles, some of which have never been available on Blu-ray™ and DVD. Moreover, a wide range of bonus content for special editions and double features are currently being developed by Shout! Factory.

About ITV Studios Global Entertainment
ITV Studios Global Entertainment (ITVS GE) is one of the world’s leading international TV distribution, home entertainment, publishing, merchandising and licensing businesses. ITVS GE’s home entertainment arm includes one of the biggest DVD publishing labels and markets a world-class portfolio of television, music and film brands with over 3,000 titles across formats including DVD, Blu-ray and downloads. The business spans UK and international distribution, co-production, acquisition, e-commerce and retail, with offices in London and Los Angeles. In addition ITVS GE controls the DVD rights to the Rank and ITC film collections, containing over 1,500 iconic British films.

About Shout! Factory
Shout! Factory, LLC is a diversified multi-platform media company devoted to producing, uncovering, preserving and revitalizing the very best of pop culture. Founders Richard Foos, Bob Emmer and Garson Foos have spent their entire careers sharing their music, television and film favorites with discerning consumers the world over. Shout! Factory’s DVD and Blu-Ray™ offerings serve up feature films, classic and contemporary TV series, animation, live music and comedy specials in lavish packages crammed with extras. Shout’s audio division boasts GRAMMY®-nominated box sets, Broadway cast albums, new releases from storied artists, lovingly assembled album reissues and indispensable “best of” compilations. In addition, Shout! Factory maintains a vast digital distribution network which delivers video and audio content to all the leading digital service providers in North America. Shout! Factory also owns and operates Timeless Media Group, Biograph Records, Majordomo Records, HighTone Records and Video Time Machine. These riches are the result of a creative acquisition mandate that has established the company as a hotbed of cultural preservation and commercial reinvention. Shout! Factory is based in Santa Monica, California. For more on Shout! Factory, visit shoutfactory.com."
Nailwraps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 07:37 PM   #2912
dave13
HackMaster

New artwork for Body Bags (courtesy of controversy-plagued artist Justin Osbourn):

dave13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 11:08 PM   #2913
shithead
Death By Ejaculation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nailwraps View Post
Well, I can now put my theory of Shout! having a deal with Lionsgate to rest. Apparently, Shout! is now the new home of ITC titles previously held by Lionsgate (one of my theories was right; they got Sophie's Choice now).

Press Release (thanks to DVD Newsflash):

"SHOUT! FACTORY AND ITV STUDIOS GLOBAL ENTERTAINMENT
SIGN MULTI-FILM DEAL FOR HOME ENTERTAINMENT AND DIGITAL DISTRIBUTION

Iconic Film Properties Include Internationally Acclaimed Movie Classics
SOPHIE’S CHOICE, ON GOLDEN POND, THE EAGLE HAS LANDED, THE LAST UNICORN,
THE TAMARIND SEED, CAPRICORN ONE, THE CASSANDRA CROSSING, BRIEF ENCOUNTER, SATURN 3, THE MERCHANT OF VENICE, VOYAGE OF THE DAMNED,
THE BOYS FROM BRAZIL and much more

Los Angeles, Calif. and London, U.K – July 25, 2013 – Shout! Factory and ITV Studios Global Entertainment (ITVS GE) announced today a distribution agreement to bring a vast library of acclaimed cinema classics to the home entertainment marketplace in the U.S and Canada. The announcement was made by Shout! Factory’s founders Richard Foos, Bob Emmer and Garson Foos and Carol Lee, SVP Home Entertainment Americas for ITVS GE.

This exclusive multi-year deal will enable U.S. and Canadian audiences to watch over 30 highly sought-after film properties from ITVS GE on home entertainment and select digital platforms. Critically acclaimed and award-winning movies include SOPHIE’S CHOICE (Meryl Streep, Kevin Kline), ON GOLDEN POND (Katharine Hepburn, Henry Fonda), THE EAGLE HAS LANDED (Michael Caine, Donald Sutherland, Robert Duvall), THE LAST UNICORN(Jeff Bridges, Alan Arkin, Mia Farrow), THE TAMARIND SEED (Julie Andrews, Omar Sharif), CAPRICORN ONE(Elliott Gould, James Brolin), THE CASSANDRA CROSSING (Sophia Lauren, Richard Harris, Martin Sheen), BRIEF ENCOUNTER (Richard Burton, Sophia Lauren), SATURN 3 (Farrah Fawcett, Kirk Douglas, Harvey Keitel), THE MERCHANT OF VENICE (Laurence Olivier, Joan Plowright), VOYAGE OF THE DAMNED (Faye Dunaway, Oskar Werner, Lee Grant), THE BOYS FROM BRAZIL (Gregory Peck, Laurence Olivier), as well as numerous notable popular cult classic hits.

“We are excited about this new opportunity with ITV Studios Global Entertainment. Many of these iconic films have been unavailable or long out-of-print in the home entertainment marketplace. We look forward to bring these cinematic treasures back to their original luster and present these films to movie fans and collectors on digital entertainment platforms as well as at retail,” stated Shout! Factory’s founders.

“ITVS GE’s catalogue boasts some internationally acclaimed films, and this deal with Shout! Factory will give U.S. and Canadian consumers the opportunity to view some of these cinematic classics across physical and digital platforms.” said Carol Lee.
Shout! Factory plans an aggressive rollout of these cinema classics through physical home entertainment releases and a variety of digital entertainment distribution platforms beginning later this year. Shout! Factory and ITVS GE are working closely to remaster a number of great titles, some of which have never been available on Blu-ray™ and DVD. Moreover, a wide range of bonus content for special editions and double features are currently being developed by Shout! Factory.

About ITV Studios Global Entertainment
ITV Studios Global Entertainment (ITVS GE) is one of the world’s leading international TV distribution, home entertainment, publishing, merchandising and licensing businesses. ITVS GE’s home entertainment arm includes one of the biggest DVD publishing labels and markets a world-class portfolio of television, music and film brands with over 3,000 titles across formats including DVD, Blu-ray and downloads. The business spans UK and international distribution, co-production, acquisition, e-commerce and retail, with offices in London and Los Angeles. In addition ITVS GE controls the DVD rights to the Rank and ITC film collections, containing over 1,500 iconic British films.

About Shout! Factory
Shout! Factory, LLC is a diversified multi-platform media company devoted to producing, uncovering, preserving and revitalizing the very best of pop culture. Founders Richard Foos, Bob Emmer and Garson Foos have spent their entire careers sharing their music, television and film favorites with discerning consumers the world over. Shout! Factory’s DVD and Blu-Ray™ offerings serve up feature films, classic and contemporary TV series, animation, live music and comedy specials in lavish packages crammed with extras. Shout’s audio division boasts GRAMMY®-nominated box sets, Broadway cast albums, new releases from storied artists, lovingly assembled album reissues and indispensable “best of” compilations. In addition, Shout! Factory maintains a vast digital distribution network which delivers video and audio content to all the leading digital service providers in North America. Shout! Factory also owns and operates Timeless Media Group, Biograph Records, Majordomo Records, HighTone Records and Video Time Machine. These riches are the result of a creative acquisition mandate that has established the company as a hotbed of cultural preservation and commercial reinvention. Shout! Factory is based in Santa Monica, California. For more on Shout! Factory, visit shoutfactory.com."
Fuck Sophie's Choice, I want Return Of The Living Dead 3 uncut!

My DVDs
shithead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 01:51 AM   #2914
Nailwraps
HackMaster

From Scream's Facebook!:

"**IMPORTANT UPDATE on the ALL NIGHT HORROR MARATHON release**

We’re really sorry about the following news but, unfortunately, the ALL NIGHT HORROR MARATHON release has been delayed from its original 8/20 date and is being overhauled due to unforeseen legal issues on one of the films in the set - Schizoid (1971) – which now has to be removed.

The new street date is 10/8.

Schizoid is being replaced by the classic Debbie Reynolds 1971 shocker 'What's the Matter with Helen'.

The Vagrant, The Outing and The Godsend will stay put on the set as originally planned. New artwork as pictured.

ALL NIGHT HORROR MARATHON VOL 2 (The Dungeonmaster, Catacombs, Contamination 7, Cellar Dweller) will still release as planned on 10/29.

We appreciate your understanding and patience. Thank you."

Also, Press Release for Pee-Wee's Playhouse on Blu-ray:
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Pee...-Planned/18763
Old 07-26-2013, 02:43 AM   #2915
shape22
HackMaster

Any word on how this impacts the Schizoid/X-Ray double feature Blu-ray release?
shape22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 02:46 AM   #2916
Myron Breck
BOO!!! Gotcha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shape22 View Post
That was my first thought as well, but in their comments section:

"The Schizoid on the X-ray / Schizoid Blu-ray double feature is from 1980 and is a different film than the film we had on this set. That double-feature has no issues...except for being ridiculously fun!"

"In this Age of Grand Illusion, you walked into my life out of my dreams..."
Myron Breck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 02:47 AM   #2917
Zombie Dude
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by shape22 View Post
It won't. Those are different films.
Old 07-26-2013, 02:49 AM   #2918
shape22
HackMaster

Thank you guys for the updates. Much appreciated.
shape22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 03:25 AM   #2919
buck135
The Duke of New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by shithead View Post
Fuck Sophie's Choice, I want Return Of The Living Dead 3 uncut!
Couldn't have said it better myself.
Old 07-26-2013, 04:58 AM   #2920
dave13
HackMaster

Quote:
From Scream's Facebook!:

"**IMPORTANT UPDATE on the ALL NIGHT HORROR MARATHON release**

We’re really sorry about the following news but, unfortunately, the ALL NIGHT HORROR MARATHON release has been delayed from its original 8/20 date and is being overhauled due to unforeseen legal issues on one of the films in the set - Schizoid (1971) – which now has to be removed.

The new street date is 10/8.

Schizoid is being replaced by the classic Debbie Reynolds 1971 shocker 'What's the Matter with Helen'.

The Vagrant, The Outing and The Godsend will stay put on the set as originally planned. New artwork as pictured.

ALL NIGHT HORROR MARATHON VOL 2 (The Dungeonmaster, Catacombs, Contamination 7, Cellar Dweller) will still release as planned on 10/29.

We appreciate your understanding and patience. Thank you."

Also, Press Release for Pee-Wee's Playhouse on Blu-ray:
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Pee...-Planned/18763
I'm a little disappointed by this, actually. I already have Whats the Matter with Helen? on the Midnight Movies double feature, and I've never seen any version of Lizard in a Woman's Skin, so I was kind of looking forward to checking this version out. bummer...
Old 07-26-2013, 05:07 AM   #2921
MisterTwister
HackMaster

I'm happy with this news.
Old 07-26-2013, 05:13 AM   #2922
Nailwraps
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave13 View Post
I'm a little disappointed by this, actually. I already have Whats the Matter with Helen? on the Midnight Movies double feature, and I've never seen any version of Lizard in a Woman's Skin, so I was kind of looking forward to checking this version out. bummer...
Don't worry, there's always the Shriek Show release(s):

http://www.dvdcompare.net/comparisons/film.php?fid=6845

Now this comes to question; MGM owns the AIP/US Version of Black Sabbath. Supposing Scream wants to release this? Are they gonna have problems with the owners of the film and Kino?
Old 07-26-2013, 06:19 AM   #2923
Zombie Dude
HackMaster

Quote:
It's definitely a bummer
Old 07-26-2013, 02:52 PM   #2924
dave13
HackMaster

Quote:
Don't worry, there's always the Shriek Show release(s):

http://www.dvdcompare.net/comparisons/film.php?fid=6845

Now this comes to question; MGM owns the AIP/US Version of Black Sabbath. Supposing Scream wants to release this? Are they gonna have problems with the owners of the film and Kino?
oh, I know. It's been on my "to buy" list for a while, but it hasn't happened yet. I was kind of happy - despite this being, from all accounts, an inferior version - that I would finally get around to picking it up. Also, aren't those shriek show versions a little problematic? I thought I'd read that neither release is exactly definitive in terms of either presentation or supplements. And I think that it's always one of their more expensive titles, too, isn't it?
Old 07-26-2013, 04:58 PM   #2925
spawningblue
Deadite

Quote:
oh, I know. It's been on my "to buy" list for a while, but it hasn't happened yet. I was kind of happy - despite this being, from all accounts, an inferior version - that I would finally get around to picking it up. Also, aren't those shriek show versions a little problematic? I thought I'd read that neither release is exactly definitive in terms of either presentation or supplements. And I think that it's always one of their more expensive titles, too, isn't it?
The latest release is great if you just want to watch the movie. It has the extended version and looks amazing. Unfortunately it doesn't include any of the extras from their original 2 disc set, so if you want them you have to buy that release as well. Either way, I don't think the Schizoid version that Scream was going to release would have been the best way to watch this for the first time as I believe it would have been heavily cut, even more so then the first cut Shriek Show released. I think this movie is heavily underrated, and I would pick it up if you like trippy giallos. Grab the latest release and then if you really like it grab the 2 disc set for the extras.

My Movie Collection

The Horror and More! Podcast
spawningblue is offline   Reply With Quote