Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 08-18-2013, 01:49 AM   #3016
Zombie Dude
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by maybrick View Post
The reason why I hate all of their new covers is because they're too comic booky. Doesn't anybody know how to paint anymore?
Whilst I think some of the artwork they've been doing looks great (The Burning, The Howling and Prince of Darkness comes to mind), I have to agree with you.
This new art in particular looks rubbish. One of the worst I've seen from Shout! for sure. I'd also liker to see some less comic-booky art.
Old 08-18-2013, 02:01 AM   #3017
Mikey Horror
HackMaster

I would have loved for them to have the commissioned art as the reverse and kept the original theatrical art for the slipcovers.
Old 08-18-2013, 07:31 AM   #3018
dave13
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey Horror View Post
I would have loved for them to have the commissioned art as the reverse and kept the original theatrical art for the slipcovers.
i think the reason for that is marketing. with colorful, attention-grabbing artwork, that doesn't look..."dated", they probably have a better chance of appealing to new buyers, people who don't know the films or who don't have an interest in older genre films.
dave13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 06:23 PM   #3019
Nailwraps
HackMaster

Good news, bad news time from Scream's Facebook:

" Final extras for THE VINCENT PRICE COLLECTION (10/22) and JOHN CARPENTER'S BODY BAGS (11/12) will be announced by end of Aug. NIGHT OF THE COMET's will be early Sept.

- Update on THE VINCENT PRICE COLLECTION: We had originally intended to include the U.S. version of WITCHFINDER GENERAL known as CONQUEROR WORM, but due to some unforeseen legal issues, we were told we would need to remove a scene from the film. Sine we felt the fans would have been unhappy that a scene was cut from the film, so we decided to drop the U.S. version of the film instead of editing the film. Sorry guys, we tried. ..."
Nailwraps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 10:12 PM   #3020
Nailwraps
HackMaster

From DVD Newsflash's Facebook!:

"From Home Theater Forum:

EXTENDED DIRECTOR’S CUT OF CLIVER BARKER’S “NIGHTBREED”
SCHEDULED TO BE RELEASED IN 2014 FROM SCREAM FACTORY

Los Angeles, CA August 19, 2013 — Shout! Factory and Morgan Creek Productions officially announced today a strategic distribution alliance to bring Clive Barker’s classic horror film “Nightbreed” extended director’s cut to the home entertainment marketplace in the U.S and Canada and on digital entertainment platforms next year. The announcement was made by Shout! Factory’s founders Richard Foos, Bob Emmer and Garson Foos along with David Robinson, President of Morgan Creek Productions. The news initially broke at Comic-Con 2013, however the agreement formally reached by both parties occurred today.

For years rumors swirled about substantial missing footage from the film. A fan-driven movement was created (www.OccupyMidian.com) to see the full version of the film restored and re-released, which was not only a more faithful adaptation of Clive Barker’s book “Cabal,” but is what originally he intended “Nightbreed” to be.

Clive Barker said, “I had a dream about the tribes of the moon. They would live in a city called Midian and, though they were monsters of every shape and size, they would be the heroes of a movie called “Nightbreed.” However, when I made the movie, the studio was not comfortable with this inversion of the classic structure. They wanted the monsters to be simple-minded scare machines, while I wanted them to be the dark side of all of us, mysterious and misunderstood. Finally, with this new version of “Nightbreed,” which contains over forty five minutes of previously unseen material, my original vision has been realized. Come with me to Midian, the city of monsters. The tribes of the moon await us.”

“We are excited by this opportunity with Morgan Creek and are huge fans of Clive Barker. His cinematic works and brilliant storytelling continue to captivate fans worldwide,” stated Shout! Factory’s founders in a joint statement. “We look forward to working closely with Clive to bring his original vision to life.”

Shout!’s SCREAM FACTORY plans an aggressive rollout of “Nightbreed” extended director’s cut through physical home entertainment releases and a variety of digital entertainment distribution platforms sometimes next year.

“We’d also like to take this opportunity to thank the fans,” noted Robinson. “Without their hard work and persistence, this would have never become a reality. Clive Barker is one of the greats, and we are tremendously proud and excited to be working with him and Shout! Factory on this release.”

The original “Nightbreed” was released in 1990 by Morgan Creek Productions and Twentieth Century Fox. Directed by Clive Barker, the film starred Craig Sheffer, Anne Bobby and David Cronenberg and centered on a tribe of monsters and outcasts known as the Nightbreed that hide from humanity. The official “Nightbreed” page can be found at https://www.facebook.com/FansOfNightbreed"
Old 08-19-2013, 10:21 PM   #3021
Bluenoser
Stalker

I got an email today from amazon.ca telling me my copy of the 'recalled' 4 All Night Horror Marathon (Godsend/Vagrant/Outing/Schizoid) shipped today... so I guess I'll be getting it.
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 10:27 PM   #3022
thing
Maniac

any word if Saturn 3 will be the uncut version?
Old 08-19-2013, 11:10 PM   #3023
Nailwraps
HackMaster

Extras (so far) for the upcoming Power Rangers Seasons 8-12 set:

http://www.shoutfactory.com/?q=node%2F218467

Off-topic, congratulations to Drinkinstein for making the 3000th post in the thread!
Old 08-20-2013, 06:41 PM   #3024
Nailwraps
HackMaster

Shout! to releaser Werner Herzog films! From DVD Newsflash on Facebook!:

"PRESS RELEASE:

SHOUT! FACTORY AND WERNER HERZOG FILM GMBH

ANNOUNCE MULTI-FILM PACT FOR CROSS-PLATFORM DISTRIBUTION

Internationally Acclaimed Werner Herzog Film Classics Include

FITZCARRALDO, AGUIRRE: THE WRATH OF GOD, NOSFERATU THE VAMPYRE,

THE ENIGMA OF KASPAR HAUSER, WOYZECK, HEART OF GLASS, COBRA VERDE, STROSZEK,

FATA MORGANA, LITTLE DIETER NEEDS TO FLY, LESSONS OF DARKNESS,

BALLAD OF THE LITTLE SOLDIER, LAND OF SILENCE AND DARKNESS and more

Los Angeles, Calif. and Vienna, Austria – August 20, 2013 – Shout! Factory and Werner Herzog Film GMBH announced an exclusive, multi-picture alliance to bring a coveted library of classic films by legendary writer/director/producer Werner Herzog, currently being re-mastered in high-definition for new edition releases in North America. The announcement was made today by Shout! Factory’s founders Richard Foos, Bob Emmer and Garson Foos, and filmmaker Werner Herzog.

This multi-year alliance provides Shout! Factory extensive rights to 16 highly sought-after Werner Herzog films and documentaries, including digital distribution, home video and broadcast for cross-platform releases. Award-winning and critically acclaimed features include FITZCARRALDO, AGUIRRE: THE WRATH OF GOD, NOSFERATU THE VAMPYRE, THE ENIGMA OF KASPAR HAUSER,WOYZECK, HEART OF GLASS, COBRA VERDE, STROSZEK, FATA MORGANA, LITTLE DIETER NEEDS TO FLY, LESSONS OF DARKNESS, BALLAD OF THE LITTLE SOLDIER, LAND OF SILENCE AND DARKNESS, as well as several other acclaimed titles.

“Werner Herzog is a filmmaking icon and a celebrated master storyteller. He holds an incredibly rich legacy in cinematic history worldwide. Many of his memorable classics have been long-out-of print in the North American home entertainment marketplace. We are honored with this opportunity to bring these iconic films to movie collectors and legions of fans on digital entertainment platforms and at retail,” stated Shout! Factory’s founders in a joint statement.

"I am very proud to start this new collaboration with Shout! Factory and, given the outstanding reputation of Richard Foos, Bob Emmer and Garson Foos, I am confident that our joint efforts to bring my films to the North American public again in brand new HD quality will be hugely satisfying and rewarding." Werner Herzog

Shout! Factory plans an aggressive rollout of these cinema classics through physical home entertainment releases and a variety of digital entertainment distribution platforms. As excitement builds for these new home entertainment releases, Shout! Factory and Werner Herzog Film will announce additional news later this year."
Old 08-20-2013, 06:49 PM   #3025
dave13
HackMaster

thank fucking christ! I've been waiting for a Nosferatu BD release. And from Shout (Scream?) Factory, no less? Oh, happy day!
Old 08-20-2013, 06:49 PM   #3026
zbinks
!OXOMOXO! ƎYƎ AM THE I

That's a major score for Shout! Factory.
zbinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 06:58 PM   #3027
dave13
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenoser View Post
I got an email today from amazon.ca telling me my copy of the 'recalled' 4 All Night Horror Marathon (Godsend/Vagrant/Outing/Schizoid) shipped today... so I guess I'll be getting it.
Same here! Wasn't expecting that at all. Cool. I'd rather have a butchered version of Lizard in a Woman's Skin than another copy of What's the Matter with Helen?

Last edited by dave13; 08-20-2013 at 08:02 PM.
Old 08-20-2013, 07:44 PM   #3028
Nailwraps
HackMaster

From Scream's Facebook!!!:

"SURPRISE UPCOMING TITLE RELEASE ANNOUNCEMENT!

Werner Herzog's 1979 classic film NOSFERATU: THE VAMPIRE starring Klaus Kinski will be coming to Blu for the first time from us sometime in 2014.

No other details to report at this time so stay tuned"
Old 08-20-2013, 08:03 PM   #3029
dave13
HackMaster

I've never seen any of those other Herzog films, though. I think the only other film he's made that I've seen was Bad Lieutenant (which was great). Are any of those mentioned above particularly noteworthy or in any way related to the horror genre?
Old 08-20-2013, 08:09 PM   #3030
maybrick
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave13 View Post
I've never seen any of those other Herzog films, though. I think the only other film he's made that I've seen was Bad Lieutenant (which was great). Are any of those mentioned above particularly noteworthy or in any way related to the horror genre?
Wasn't Bad L done by Abel Ferrara?
maybrick is offline   Reply With Quote