Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 10-18-2013, 08:37 PM   #3181
satans-sadists
Humanitarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave13 View Post
sorry.
No problem. At least the word is out on this release. Pretty big news.
satans-sadists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 08:46 PM   #3182
Do you see
Victim

I already have their 2010 release. I still haven't gotten around to watching part 3 yet. Not sure upgrading is necessary at this time. But as with a lot of Shout's releases I seem to find a reason to pounce on them.
Do you see is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 08:50 PM   #3183
CPT HOOK
HackMaster

The only downside is that I won't be able to sell off my DVD to recoup the costs, because I've gotta hang onto 2 & 3. Not a big deal though, I've definitely gotten my money's worth. These movies are endlessly re-watchable, especially with the 75 minute runtimes.

I wonder if they'll carry over the entire Sleepless Nights doc, or just the segment on the first movie?
CPT HOOK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 09:19 PM   #3184
ronnie21
HackMaster

I know on the 2010 dvd the print had some heavy ass grain specially in the locker room scene where russ was looking for brinke...
ronnie21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 09:54 PM   #3185
foller
Stalker

I don't think that they will port over the uncensored audio commentary from the first pressing of the Shout DVD. So there is a reason to hang on to it.
foller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 11:00 PM   #3186
MisterTwister
HackMaster

Perfectly happy with SPM on DVD with the other two films.
Old 10-18-2013, 11:14 PM   #3187
deepred
Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterTwister View Post
Perfectly happy with SPM on DVD with the other two films.
Same here as I have one with the *unedited* commentary and the cover is signed by Russ. I also got the spiffy blood-splattered pillow.
Old 10-19-2013, 03:59 PM   #3188
crikan
HackMaster

OMG, OMG, OMG! YEESSS! Hallelujah! Best release news ever. Can't wait.
crikan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 07:46 PM   #3189
Katatonia
Master of Doom

Eve of Destruction Blu-ray review: http://www.avmaniacs.com/blog/2013/n...lu-ray-review/

Assault on Precinct 13 Blu-ray review: http://www.avmaniacs.com/blog/2013/n...lu-ray-review/

Katatonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 09:51 AM   #3190
Katatonia
Master of Doom

If anybody is searching for a good price on the Bruce Lee Legacy Collection Blu-ray set, Groupon has it for $59.99: http://www.groupon.com/deals/gg-shout-factory-1

Free shipping. I recently got the Vincent Price Blu-ray set from them with no problems.

Katatonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 05:47 PM   #3191
Nailwraps
HackMaster

The good news; Cat People extras have been revealed via Facebook!:

"BREAKING: We thought we'd roar into the morning by announcing the final list of extras for our Jan 21st release of the Collector's Edition of CAT PEOPLE on Blu-ray. Get a load of the names we got for this one!

- All-new interviews with Director/Writer Paul Schrader, Actress Nastassja Kinski, Actor Malcolm McDowell, Actor John Heard, Actress Annette O'Toole, Actress Lynn Lowry and legendary composer Giorgio Moroder.
- Still Gallery, Theatrical Trailer and TV spot

You can pre-order the title at http://www.shoutfactory.com/node/218843 which comes with a limited 18" x 24" poster of the newly designed key art while supplies last so act fast!"

The bad news; the Universal extras aren't being ported over and Scream has the answer to why:

"Some of you may be curious why the bonus features from the Universal 2002 DVD release were not ported over (which included a commentary, amongst other things). We tried, of course, to obtain these for our release but our partners could not signed them over to us unfortunately."
Nailwraps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 07:04 PM   #3192
satans-sadists
Humanitarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katatonia View Post
If anybody is searching for a good price on the Bruce Lee Legacy Collection Blu-ray set, Groupon has it for $59.99: http://www.groupon.com/deals/gg-shout-factory-1

Free shipping. I recently got the Vincent Price Blu-ray set from them with no problems.
Thanks for sharing the deal with us. I may pull the trigger at that price. Still undecided though. I am not a fan of the packaging & also don't need 7 dvds along with the 4 Blu-ray discs. I would prefer a smaller traditional case with just the Blu-ray discs. Wish these were available individually. Game of Death has minimal replay value.
satans-sadists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 12:45 AM   #3193
Nailwraps
HackMaster

VR Troopers Season 2 Volume 2 back on schedule (as a Shout! Select title):

http://www.shoutfactory.com/node/217816

Power Rangers Seasons 8-12 review!:
http://blog.samuraicast.com/power-ra...ox-set-review/
Old 10-24-2013, 06:21 PM   #3194
Nailwraps
HackMaster

2 posts from Scream's Facebook!:

"**FIRST LOOK!**

We're excited to announce that Linnea Quigley is officially on board our upcoming Collector's Edition of NIGHT OF THE DEMONS! A new interview with the legendary Scream Queen was taped yesterday.

More extras to be announced next month. Release is scheduled for Feb."

"WITCHBOARD fans will be pleased to hear that we will have a brand-new commentary track on our DVD & Blu-ray combo featuring Director Kevin Tenney, Stephen Nichols, James W. Quinn, and Kathleen Wilhoite!

More extras to be announced soon! Release is scheduled for early 2014.

"So what did I do this morning? Just a new commentary track for Scream Factory's upcoming WITCHBOARD Blu-Ray release, along with stars Stephen Nichols, James W. Quinn, and Kathleen Wilhoite. Since Todd Allen and Tawny Kitaen's Page couldn't be there to defend themselves, we made fun of them mercilessly. But we did so with love. Can you say, "T-T-F-N-FUN!"?-Kevin Tenney"
Old 10-25-2013, 06:50 PM   #3195
WesReviews
HackMaster

I wonder if Shout Factory is going to continue M.A.S.K. releases for those who didn't buy the complete series set? They released Volume 1 two years ago but no follow up Volume 2 and onward.

Oh, The Horror! Reviews - Horror movie reviews... all decades, all sub-genres.
ACTION ALLIANCE - Action film talk with action film fans.

"Life differs from the play only in this... it has no plot, all is vague, desultory, unconnected till the curtain drops with the mystery unsolved." - Edward George Bulwer-Lytton
WesReviews is offline   Reply With Quote