Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 01-24-2014, 12:20 PM   #3451
Ptflea2
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by myhorror View Post
I was kidding...it was my poor attempt at humor.
Still of the Night is a really good song though
Ptflea2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 11:49 PM   #3452
zbinks
!OXOMOXO! ƎYƎ AM THE I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scream Factory
**SURPRISE TITLE ANNOUNCEMENT!**

Happy Friday guys! Fans of 80s horror, grindhouse and women-in-prison films are in for a special treat as we are releasing the rare and long-lost 1985 exploitation film HELLHOLE this Summer on Blu-ray & DVD for the very first time this Summer!

Those of you who have seen this film know what fun it is. And a great cast of cult film & TV favorites highlight the wild shenanigans including Mary Woronov (Rock n Roll High School, Night of the Comet), Ray Sharkey (The Idolmaker, Wiseguys), Marjoe Gortner (Earthquake, Starcrash, Food of the Gods) and Judy Landers (BJ & The Bear, Vega$, The Love Boat).

Pre-order links should go up in sometime in March. Any extras we may have will be announced sometime in April.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater
zbinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 01:19 AM   #3453
elDomenechHDG
HackMaster

You've got to be fucking kidding me! Awesome! But isn't this a Sony title?
elDomenechHDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 01:31 AM   #3454
zbinks
!OXOMOXO! ƎYƎ AM THE I

Quote:
Originally Posted by elDomenechHDG View Post
You've got to be fucking kidding me! Awesome! But isn't this a Sony title?
RCA/Columbia Pictures had VHS distribution rights way back when, but I'm thinking that was the extent of their involvement. The film was produced and released theatrically by Arkoff International, so I think this may have been licensed from Samuel Z. Arkoff's estate.
Old 01-25-2014, 01:47 AM   #3455
elDomenechHDG
HackMaster

Hmmm. Arkoff? Could this mean The Final Terror??
elDomenechHDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 01:51 AM   #3456
zbinks
!OXOMOXO! ƎYƎ AM THE I

Quote:
Originally Posted by elDomenechHDG View Post
Hmmm. Arkoff? Could this mean The Final Terror??
That's what I'm thinking.
Old 01-25-2014, 01:55 AM   #3457
Mikey Horror
HackMaster

Wow. That came out of left field.
Old 01-25-2014, 03:07 AM   #3458
Hatchetwarrior
HackMaster

I Never heard of this one. And just when I thought I had all my bases covered.
Old 01-25-2014, 04:10 AM   #3459
Body Boy
HackMaster

Hellhole (1985)

... the most random Combo pack announcement yet? I think so.

If The Final Terror comes out of this, I'll be peached!
Body Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 11:40 PM   #3460
Mikey Horror
HackMaster

**ARTWORK REVEAL: DOG SOLDIERS**

Hot off the heels of our art reveal of Sleepaway Camp last week, we have another one for you to start the week off right! Check out the newly-designed key art for our upcoming Collector's Edition of the epic werewolf film DOG SOLDIERS (DVD & Blu-ray combo out 6/24). This incredible vision comes to us from artist Nathan Thomas Milliner (who also did Sleepaway Camp, amongst others greats).

Production on extras have just begun and we'll have full details to report to you as to what they are in mid-April. Pre-order links on our site at ScreamfactoryDVD.com should appear in March in which a limited edition 18" x 24" poster of the art will be available exclusively through us with purchase of the combo.

Old 01-28-2014, 01:42 AM   #3461
maybrick
HackMaster

That Dog Soldiers cover looks like yet another one for the shit pile.
maybrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 01:54 AM   #3462
Matt89
HackMaster

Why do they insist on putting heads on the covers? I love the new Sleepaway Camp artwork except for the head shot right in the middle of it. Looks awful. These covers would look so much better if it weren't for the bodiless heads.

~Matt
Old 01-28-2014, 02:04 AM   #3463
dave13
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt89 View Post
Why do they insist on putting heads on the covers? I love the new Sleepaway Camp artwork except for the head shot right in the middle of it. Looks awful. These covers would look so much better if it weren't for the bodiless heads.

~Matt
The creator of this Dog Soldiers cover, as well as the Sleepaway Camp cover, went on a long spiel justifying it, referencing the work of Drew Struzan, among others. But what it really came down to, and which he more or less admitted to, was that its all for marketing purposes. I'm sure industry studies have shown that covers with large heads sell better. So that's pretty much why. And it means we can forget about seeing any Scream Factory covers that don't include large faces. Keeping everything in perspective, though, if the alternate cover art is the worst element of these releases (outside of some questionable A/V presentations that Scream has no control over), we should count ourselves lucky.
dave13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 02:35 AM   #3464
Mikey Horror
HackMaster

I don't understand using the heads for marketing purposes. It's not like we're talking marquee level stars here. The only people that are going to recognize the faces on these heads are those who are already genre fans, have more than likely seen these movies and therefore already know if they like it enough to purchase it or not. I can see if Brad Pitt or George Clooney are in your movie, but who the hell outside of genre fans are going to recognize Felissa Rose?! I don't blame Nathan at all, I blame Scream Factory because you know they're the ones telling him he has to do it. Faces sell A list Hollywood movies, not mid-shelf video store horror movies.

Last edited by Mikey Horror; 01-28-2014 at 02:43 AM.
Mikey Horror is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 02:41 AM   #3465
maybrick
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey Horror View Post
I don't understand using the heads for marketing purposes. It's not like we're talking marquee level stars here. The only people that are going to recognize the faces on these heads are those who are already genre fans, have more likely seen these movies and therefore already know if they like it enough to purchase it or not. I can see if Brad Pitt or George Clooney are in your movie, but who the hell outside of genre fans are going to recognize Felissa Rose?! I don't blame Nathan at all, I blame Scream Factory because you know they're the ones telling him he has to do it. Faces sell A list Hollywood movies, not mid-shelf video store horror movies.
Especially when the drawings don't look entirely like the actors that they're supposed to me. For instance, the guy on the middle left could almost pass for Udo Kier, for christsakes!

What's even stupider is having the tagline "Six Men.." when there are only five floating heads prominently displayed. And ONE of them is a woman!

Last edited by maybrick; 01-28-2014 at 02:44 AM.
maybrick is offline   Reply With Quote