Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2014, 01:24 AM   #3586
Zombie Dude
HackMaster
 
Zombie Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 3,286
So I checked my copy of The Outing included in the All Night Horror Marathon set and it is indeed widesceen as I though. I took some photos on my phone but will have to upload them later as I'm not at a computer. Just thought I'd share that info though.
__________________
The Horror Collection Corner: http://www.youtube.com/user/ZombieDude0001/videos
Zombie Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 01:28 AM   #3587
Steel76
Maniac
 
Steel76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Sweden
Posts: 925
Wow! I didnīt expect a widescreen transfer
How is the picture quality? Definitely getting this disc now!
__________________
Watching my filthy collection on Super 8mm, VHS, Laserdisc, DVD and Blu-Ray.
Steel76 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 01:43 AM   #3588
Zombie Dude
HackMaster
 
Zombie Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 3,286
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel76 View Post
Wow! I didnīt expect a widescreen transfer
How is the picture quality? Definitely getting this disc now!
Its pretty clear considering. Doesn't look like a VHS transfer that's for sure.
__________________
The Horror Collection Corner: http://www.youtube.com/user/ZombieDude0001/videos
Zombie Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 02:02 AM   #3589
bruce h
Editor - CINEMA ARCANA
 
bruce h's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: MD
Posts: 2,248
That's interesting -- I have the earlier, recalled version (with SCHIZOID) and it's definitely a fullframe, tape master.
bruce h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 02:08 AM   #3590
dave13
HackMaster
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 4,862
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce h View Post
That's interesting -- I have the earlier, recalled version (with SCHIZOID) and it's definitely a fullframe, tape master.
aw man, that stinks. now i'm not sure if i wouldn't have preferred to just get a duplicate copy of What's the Matter with Helen?, in order to have the widescreen version. Schizoid is pretty much just a curiosity.
dave13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 02:32 AM   #3591
Steel76
Maniac
 
Steel76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Sweden
Posts: 925
Strange though, all the reviews on the net mention that The Outing is still in 1.33:1 ratio on the new disc

If they re-released the disc with a widescreen transfer, Iīm a bit worried that I might end up with the old disc and the fullscreen transfer if I order it
__________________
Watching my filthy collection on Super 8mm, VHS, Laserdisc, DVD and Blu-Ray.
Steel76 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 02:36 AM   #3592
dave13
HackMaster
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 4,862
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel76 View Post
Strange though, all the reviews on the net mention that The Outing is still in 1.33:1 ratio on the new disc

If they re-released the disc with a widescreen transfer, Iīm a bit worried that I might end up with the old disc and the fullscreen transfer if I order it
not likely - the first release was recalled, and technically shouldn't have been available.
dave13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 02:38 AM   #3593
Katatonia
Master of Doom
 
Katatonia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Missouri
Posts: 17,714
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce h View Post
That's interesting -- I have the earlier, recalled version (with SCHIZOID) and it's definitely a fullframe, tape master.
Same here.

All of the reviews I've seen say it's Fullscreen on the later version too:

http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/62101...rror-marathon/

http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/61985...rror-marathon/

http://www.dvddrive-in.com/reviews/e...ighthorror.htm

http://www.dvdverdict.com/reviews/horrormarathon.php

Several Amazon reviewers say the same: http://www.amazon.com/Scream-Factory...dp/B00E5S2HGS/
__________________
"We know nothing in reality; for truth lies in an abyss." - Democritus


Last edited by Katatonia; 02-11-2014 at 02:40 AM.
Katatonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 02:44 AM   #3594
Steel76
Maniac
 
Steel76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Sweden
Posts: 925
Btw, is it the shorter version of the movie, missing the pre-credit "backstory" sequence, or is it the full uncut one?

The longer version is the one that was released over here in Sweden back in the 80:s.
__________________
Watching my filthy collection on Super 8mm, VHS, Laserdisc, DVD and Blu-Ray.
Steel76 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 02:48 AM   #3595
Matt89
HackMaster
 
Matt89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Toronto
Posts: 4,550
Okay so why was the initial release recalled? And some people have reported that The Outing is now in widescreen? I've wanted to see The Outing for ages.

~Matt
__________________
"If a man can bridge the gap between life and death ... I mean, if he can live on after his death, then maybe he was a great man."
- James Dean
Matt89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 02:52 AM   #3596
Katatonia
Master of Doom
 
Katatonia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Missouri
Posts: 17,714
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt89 View Post
Okay so why was the initial release recalled? And some people have reported that The Outing is now in widescreen? I've wanted to see The Outing for ages.

~Matt
It was recalled due to a rights issue (or similar) with Schizoid.

I think Zombie Dude is the only one saying his copy is widescreen, but I'm waiting for screenshots.
__________________
"We know nothing in reality; for truth lies in an abyss." - Democritus

Katatonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 02:54 AM   #3597
Marshall Crist
Stalker
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 341
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Dude View Post
So I checked my copy of The Outing included in the All Night Horror Marathon set and it is indeed widesceen as I though. I took some photos on my phone but will have to upload them later as I'm not at a computer. Just thought I'd share that info though.
Anamorphic or just letterboxed?
Marshall Crist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 02:55 AM   #3598
Zombie Dude
HackMaster
 
Zombie Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 3,286
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel76 View Post
Btw, is it the shorter version of the movie, missing the pre-credit "backstory" sequence, or is it the full uncut one?

The longer version is the one that was released over here in Sweden back in the 80:s.
Do you mean the bit where the punks break into the old w house? If so, yes it's here.

I find it incredibly strange that no reviews mention this as widescreen. The prints pretty damn nice too. I remember hearing it wasn't.
__________________
The Horror Collection Corner: http://www.youtube.com/user/ZombieDude0001/videos
Zombie Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 02:57 AM   #3599
Zombie Dude
HackMaster
 
Zombie Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 3,286
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall Crist View Post
Anamorphic or just letterboxed?
How do you tell? It fits the whole screen, no black bars if that helps.
__________________
The Horror Collection Corner: http://www.youtube.com/user/ZombieDude0001/videos
Zombie Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 02:57 AM   #3600
Katatonia
Master of Doom
 
Katatonia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Missouri
Posts: 17,714
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Dude View Post
I find it incredibly strange that no reviews mention this as widescreen. The prints pretty damn nice too. I remember hearing it wasn't.
Post some screenshots Dude!
__________________
"We know nothing in reality; for truth lies in an abyss." - Democritus

Katatonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:56 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright Đ 1999-2014 Horrordvds.com

No text or images from this site may be reprinted or used elsewhere without express consent from Horrordvds.com