Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 08-29-2010, 02:08 PM   #376
springjack
Maniac

Quote:
I think the known titles (released and announced) are going to be about it for this deal. I don't think these are selling all that spectacularly, and the best stuff is already released. No reason to spend money on preparing more releases if they will not recoup.
I recall something about 50 Roger Coman Titles...
________
BP FORD WORLD RALLY TEAM HISTORY

Last edited by springjack; 03-20-2011 at 10:06 PM.
springjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 07:16 AM   #377
Marshall Crist
Stalker

Yeah, and they might be planning on releasing all 50 regardless of sales, but I suspect we will see more double features and probably no more Blu-rays.
Marshall Crist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 07:37 AM   #378
Katatonia
Master of Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall Crist View Post
Yeah, and they might be planning on releasing all 50 regardless of sales, but I suspect we will see more double features and probably no more Blu-rays.
I'd be surprised if they didn't release Battle Beyond the Stars on Blu-ray at some point. It was originally announced for a DVD/Blu-ray release later this year, but it seems to have been delayed for whatever reason.

Katatonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 11:24 PM   #379
Nailwraps
HackMaster

http://www.digitalbits.com/#mytwocents

Shout! Factory has announced more Roger Corman's Cult Classic titles for DVD release on 11/2, including Not of This Earth and a double-feature of The Terror Within and Dead Space (SRP $19.93 each). Extras on Not of This Earth will include a new Nadine's Story interview with Traci Lords, audio commentary with Lords and director Jim Wynorski, the original DVD commentary with Wynorski, the film's trailer and other New World trailers. The Terror Within will include audio commentary with co-producer Rodman Flender and trailers, and Dead Space will include audio commentary with director Fred Gallo and trailers.
Nailwraps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 12:37 AM   #380
springjack
Maniac

Quote:
Shout! Factory has announced more Roger Corman's Cult Classic titles for DVD release on 11/2, including Not of This Earth and a double-feature of The Terror Within and Dead Space (SRP $19.93 each). Extras on Not of This Earth will include a new Nadine's Story interview with Traci Lords, audio commentary with Lords and director Jim Wynorski, the original DVD commentary with Wynorski, the film's trailer and other New World trailers. The Terror Within will include audio commentary with co-producer Rodman Flender and trailers, and Dead Space will include audio commentary with director Fred Gallo and trailers.
Repost... see 2 pages back
________
D series

Last edited by springjack; 03-20-2011 at 10:07 PM.
springjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 07:23 PM   #381
Nailwraps
HackMaster

Press release for Not of This Earth and The Terror Within/Dead Space double feature:

http://www.avmaniacs.com/blog/2010/d...shout-factory/
Old 08-31-2010, 08:49 PM   #382
eric_angelus
Testacular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katatonia View Post
I'd be surprised if they didn't release Battle Beyond the Stars on Blu-ray at some point. It was originally announced for a DVD/Blu-ray release later this year, but it seems to have been delayed for whatever reason.
I agree, it is one of the key titles from the Corman catalog...and one that I think alot of people remember from their youth. I am sure there would be a market for it judging from the value that the OOP DVD used to fetch on ebay.
eric_angelus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 03:14 AM   #383
Katatonia
Master of Doom

A review of the Starcrash Blu-ray: http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/43904/starcrash/

Katatonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 04:14 AM   #384
MisterTwister
HackMaster

Galaxy of Terror and Forbidden World was a shitload of sleazy and ultra cheesy '80's fun. I look forward to Star Crash.

When the hell is Netflix going to make the Death Sport double feature available? I want to see it and Battle Truck!
MisterTwister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 04:09 PM   #385
wago70
Robinson Crusoe on Mars

GALAXY OF TERROR - I do remember very well seeing this on cable in 1982 (Showtime After Hours) and I really loved it. Watched the new disc last week and, maybe it's just me, but there is maybe a very small ALIEN influence compared to years of reading "...ALIEN knockoff, ripoff, ect.". The story, as newbies in our movie group pointed out, is actually more "Star Trek"-ish if anything. The sets aboard the spaceships pre-date ALIENS more than ALIEN to my eyes. Some of those hatchways were very Cameron-esque. The creatures are straight out of the 50's and 60's.
such a wonderful film - first time I actually watched this thoroughly in years. The one quibble I have (but this is because we have only a TV and no stereo system - damn apartment living) is that the audio dialogue was so damn low! The music and effects were jolting but we had to crank up the sound just to make out the dialogue. This is with most DVDs, however...mostly big studio stuff I noticed.
wago70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 04:20 PM   #386
Grim
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by wago70 View Post
The sets aboard the spaceships pre-date ALIENS more than ALIEN to my eyes. Some of those hatchways were very Cameron-esque.
Makes sense since Cameron was production designer and did some second unit work on it. His influence can be seen all over the film and they talk a crap ton about him in the bonus features.
Old 09-01-2010, 05:47 PM   #387
wago70
Robinson Crusoe on Mars

Nice - I noticed a few familiar sound effects as well. I'm sure I heard the ALIENS powerloader at one point.
wago70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 03:42 PM   #388
Nailwraps
HackMaster

Another review for StarCrash:

http://www.dvddrive-in.com/reviews/n-s/starcrash79.htm
Old 09-03-2010, 06:54 PM   #389
Nailwraps
HackMaster

Review for The Norm Show Complete Series:

http://www.avmaniacs.com/review.php?id=1560