Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 08-25-2014, 07:33 PM   #4066
dave13
HackMaster

They've had a couple of real winners lately, but sadly this...may be my least favorite that they've done. It's really a complete jumble. Maybe the image of Nix in the center, over a black background or something, might have worked...but I don't know.
dave13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 09:18 PM   #4067
Matt89
HackMaster

Oh that's ugly as fuck.

~Matt
Old 08-25-2014, 09:41 PM   #4068
Body Boy
HackMaster

Well, now I really don't want to watch Lord of Illusions for the first time. That's crap.

Is it just me, or do these artists have some weird fetish for 90s teen face "art"?
Body Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 10:36 PM   #4069
x666x
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Body Boy View Post
Well, now I really don't want to watch Lord of Illusions for the first time. That's crap.

Is it just me, or do these artists have some weird fetish for 90s teen face "art"?
Yeah, I have numerous SF releases and still have not gotten over how horrible their cover art is. Your are not supposed to just plaster all these images onto one canvas. Less is more. Lord of Illusions is not particularly the best movie, either, so in this case I could not care less what they do with the cover for this release.
x666x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 10:49 PM   #4070
dave13
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Body Boy View Post
It's not the greatest movie ever, but I have a soft spot for it. Parts of it work in a 90's kind of way. The villain and the cult around him make for an interesting story, although a lot of the melodrama throughout the middle is completely disposable. I'll probably still be getting it, though. Assuming it's a good upgrade.
dave13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 11:07 PM   #4071
CPT HOOK
HackMaster

The artwork is ridiculously cluttered, but I don't think it's bad. It's aesthetically pleasing, with the blue on the right, red on the left. Regardless, the original poster art is always on the flip side.
CPT HOOK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 06:49 PM   #4072
zbinks
!OXOMOXO! ƎYƎ AM THE I

Quote:
***FINAL EXTRAS for SQUIRM Revealed***

Director Jeff Lieberman’s classic worm-a-thon film is getting the “Collector’s Edition” HD Blu-ray treatment on October 28th and today we report our list of extras that will be on it!

- NEW! DIGGING IN—2014 Interviews with writer/director Jeff Lieberman and lead actor Don Scardino
- NEW! EUREKA! – An exclusive look at where the idea for SQUIRM came from with Jeff Lieberman
- Original Audio Commentary by Writer/Director Jeff Lieberman (ported over from the prior MGM DVD release)
- Original Theatrical Trailer
- Vintage TV spot
- Still Gallery

Order now at www.screamfactorydvd.com and receive an 18” x 24” limited edition poster of the newly-designed key art too. (While supplies last!)
https://www.facebook.com/#!/ScreamFa...type=1&theater
zbinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 07:03 PM   #4073
Myron Breck
BOO!!! Gotcha!

I'll stick with my Arrow release as far as SQUIRM goes. Very similar extras and great PQ. Well, assuming that my region-free player doesn't stop working.

"In this Age of Grand Illusion, you walked into my life out of my dreams..."
Myron Breck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 04:00 AM   #4074
Nailwraps
HackMaster

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.ph...postcount=2724
Nailwraps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 05:22 AM   #4075
killit
Maniac

Yeah, all the scream factory I have left i use the reversible covers. They have zero taste and the customer service is a little crazy.
killit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 02:40 PM   #4076
Grim
HackMaster

Not sure if this has been posted yet, but Amazon has Sleepaway Camp for $15.99 right now, with a lot of other titles the lowest price I've seen them.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/Sle...=ATVPDKIKX0DER
Old 09-01-2014, 03:40 PM   #4077
elDomenechHDG
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim View Post
Not sure if this has been posted yet, but Amazon has Sleepaway Camp for $15.99 right now, with a lot of other titles the lowest price I've seen them.

Add $7+ for shipping and taxes and you're still looking at $23-24 unless you have Prime. Prices on there have shot up so much I don't even consider them anymore. Not to mention their shipping times suck nowadays.
elDomenechHDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 08:20 PM   #4078
Grim
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by elDomenechHDG View Post
Add $7+ for shipping and taxes and you're still looking at $23-24 unless you have Prime. Prices on there have shot up so much I don't even consider them anymore. Not to mention their shipping times suck nowadays.
Well, I do have prime, but isn't shipping still free if your order is at least a certain amount? And since when are any taxes charged? I haven't had taxes charged, nor have any of my non-Prime friends.
Old 09-03-2014, 08:27 PM   #4079
elDomenechHDG
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim View Post
Well, I do have prime, but isn't shipping still free if your order is at least a certain amount? And since when are any taxes charged? I haven't had taxes charged, nor have any of my non-Prime friends.

Amazon started charging me tax earlier this year. I believe it's a new policy but it may not apply to everyone. As far as shipping, yeah, I can buy $35 worth of stuff but I'm not going to add something I don't want to my order just to get free shipping.
elDomenechHDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 08:39 PM   #4080
Grim
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by elDomenechHDG View Post
Amazon started charging me tax earlier this year. I believe it's a new policy but it may not apply to everyone. As far as shipping, yeah, I can buy $35 worth of stuff but I'm not going to add something I don't want to my order just to get free shipping.
Well niether would I. I would typically wait until there are enough items that I wanted, though finding $35 worth of movies, games, books, etc. was never something that was hard for me to do.

As far as prime goes, if someone is a regular online buyer of movies, I think it's a no brainer. It's less than $10 a month, you get things on release date (I've even gotten things a day early before), plus you have access to their instant video and music library as well. Ordering three or four releases a month can stack up those shipping charges at other sites. If you only get like a movie a month, I can see how ordering from other sites may be preferable, though.

And every time I have had a shipping problem, which has been rarely, I've been compensated quite well. I basically got a $60 clock for free in February after a shipping snafu.

I hear a lot of horror stories on here about amazon, and I'm not doubting anyone, but it's just so strange when I compare it to my experiences.