Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2010, 11:21 PM   #466
bloodthrill
Stalker
 
bloodthrill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Around Indy
Posts: 407
Juliette Cummins is on the track,they introduce her with the rest in the beginning.
I've only listened to about the point where they're first practicing in the garage,and Patrick Lowe shows up to flirt with Courtney,but I recall Deborah hooting about how pretty she was when the first pan up Sheila's/Juliette's body occurs,establishing her as lead vocalist.
__________________
Talk On The Phone. Finish Your Homework. Watch TV. Die.
bloodthrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 11:31 PM   #467
springjack
Maniac
 
springjack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 610
Quote:
Originally Posted by walkingdude View Post
I got my The Haunting/Twice Dead Double Feature from one courier today and another tried to deliver my SPM set but I wasn't home.
Never heard of that double feature, mine is The Evil/Twice Dead
________
AVANDIA LAWYER

Last edited by springjack; 03-20-2011 at 10:29 PM.
springjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 11:32 PM   #468
bloodthrill
Stalker
 
bloodthrill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Around Indy
Posts: 407
LOL I wasn't going to say anything.


Speaking of "The Haunting",I recall a creepy VHS cover from the Family Video Store in my hometown (possibly under that title) with someone suspended in the air, bloodily impaled through the stomach by the silver title font. It looked very late 70s/early 80s. I haven't been able to turn anything up. Ideas?
__________________
Talk On The Phone. Finish Your Homework. Watch TV. Die.

Last edited by bloodthrill; 10-05-2010 at 11:34 PM.
bloodthrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 12:21 AM   #469
walkingdude
Megatron
 
walkingdude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Nova Scotia Canada
Posts: 3,429
Quote:
Originally Posted by springjack View Post
Never heard of that double feature, mine is The Evil/Twice Dead
Don't know what I was looking at when I wrote that.lol.
__________________
http://walkingdude13.dvdaf.com/
walkingdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 12:34 AM   #470
MisterTwister
HackMaster
 
MisterTwister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Lake Wales, FL
Posts: 1,296
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodthrill View Post
Juliette Cummins is on the track,they introduce her with the rest in the beginning.
I've only listened to about the point where they're first practicing in the garage,and Patrick Lowe shows up to flirt with Courtney,but I recall Deborah hooting about how pretty she was when the first pan up Sheila's/Juliette's body occurs,establishing her as lead vocalist.
No she's not. I listened to the entire thing last night. It's only the writer/director, producer and moderator.
MisterTwister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 12:45 AM   #471
bloodthrill
Stalker
 
bloodthrill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Around Indy
Posts: 407
Quote from Tony Brown of Old Hockstatter Place:
"...(I'm joined by) Juliette Cummins who played Sheila".

Deborah Brock:"You were so good in this as the lead singer.I was watching this last night,and you-you really had it down."

Quote from Juliette Cummins: (ref to garage band practice scene) "Do you remember?You sent us home with the bass guitars. And an amp. To practice."


She was on it.Not sure which commentary you might have been tuned into..
__________________
Talk On The Phone. Finish Your Homework. Watch TV. Die.
bloodthrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 01:16 AM   #472
gunner
Cropsy Maniac
 
gunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Bar Harbor, Maine
Posts: 827
Haven't made it to pt. 2 yet. Heck, I haven't even listened to the commentary on the original, but I have watched it. I have never seen as much detail as this, a very nice transfer with a lot of depth, wow! I could tell right from the opening shot of the palm tree that I was in for a kick-ass presentation!! I also wasn't expecting the alternate-styled title card, never seen that before!! I'm a happy camper...if this set sells well enough (like Stepfather) we could see a future blu-ray of at least pt.1, right?? One can dream.
__________________
My Stash

Last edited by gunner; 10-06-2010 at 01:18 AM.
gunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 01:23 AM   #473
Katatonia
Master of Doom
 
Katatonia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Missouri
Posts: 17,261
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodthrill View Post
Quote from Tony Brown of Old Hockstatter Place:
"...(I'm joined by) Juliette Cummins who played Sheila".

Deborah Brock:"You were so good in this as the lead singer.I was watching this last night,and you-you really had it down."

Quote from Juliette Cummins: (ref to garage band practice scene) "Do you remember?You sent us home with the bass guitars. And an amp. To practice."


She was on it.Not sure which commentary you might have been tuned into..
Cool! Did they mention that the music performed by the girls was by the band Wednesday Week?

I just received the set today, but haven't yet had a chance to check anything out.
__________________
"We know nothing in reality; for truth lies in an abyss." - Democritus

Katatonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 01:27 AM   #474
bloodthrill
Stalker
 
bloodthrill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Around Indy
Posts: 407
Yeah,Wednesday Week was brought up a couple of different times,(Tony Brown,the moderator,was able to meet the lead singer during the day the segment was filmed).

The lead actually speaks a little bit on the docu,mentioning that they (the band) watched the actress' performance to their music,and found certain movements with the instruments unnatural,etc.She also said that the film was a large catalyst in their following.Cool that they were included.
__________________
Talk On The Phone. Finish Your Homework. Watch TV. Die.
bloodthrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 01:36 AM   #475
bloodthrill
Stalker
 
bloodthrill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Around Indy
Posts: 407
An update regarding the unrated SPM 2,and the MPAA's involvement:


From Deborah Brock: (via commentary) "We had a few trims,but we didn't have a lot of trouble." Hm.. likely little snippets either lost to time,in such poor condition restoration wasn't possible,even for special features. Like the extended worm rape in Galaxy Of Terror,we'll never see it.I highly doubt a version exists with these scenes intact.


As I've said before,I'd just as soon not know,if I can't goddamned see it...
__________________
Talk On The Phone. Finish Your Homework. Watch TV. Die.
bloodthrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 04:07 AM   #476
MisterTwister
HackMaster
 
MisterTwister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Lake Wales, FL
Posts: 1,296
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodthrill View Post
Quote from Tony Brown of Old Hockstatter Place:
"...(I'm joined by) Juliette Cummins who played Sheila".

Deborah Brock:"You were so good in this as the lead singer.I was watching this last night,and you-you really had it down."

Quote from Juliette Cummins: (ref to garage band practice scene) "Do you remember?You sent us home with the bass guitars. And an amp. To practice."


She was on it.Not sure which commentary you might have been tuned into..
Very odd. I'll check again right now.

Checked it in a completely different machine and nope, she's not there.

Tony Brown introduces both the director and producer and the director goes on to talk about the music in the beginning.

Something funny is going on here....

Last edited by MisterTwister; 10-06-2010 at 04:12 AM.
MisterTwister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 04:28 AM   #477
bloodthrill
Stalker
 
bloodthrill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Around Indy
Posts: 407
It would appear you've somehow gotten ahold of a different version,though that seems highly unlikely.I can't imagine a certain machine not allowing a viewer to hear one voice of many that are audible,but.. all I know is,Juliette is on the version I am listening to,and she talks throughout.I would be interested to hear whether any one else's was missing Ms. Cummins' presence.
__________________
Talk On The Phone. Finish Your Homework. Watch TV. Die.
bloodthrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 04:40 AM   #478
MisterTwister
HackMaster
 
MisterTwister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Lake Wales, FL
Posts: 1,296
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodthrill View Post
It would appear you've somehow gotten ahold of a different version,though that seems highly unlikely.I can't imagine a certain machine not allowing a viewer to hear one voice of many that are audible,but.. all I know is,Juliette is on the version I am listening to,and she talks throughout.I would be interested to hear whether any one else's was missing Ms. Cummins' presence.
Yeah I want to hear from more people because on mine, she's not there.
MisterTwister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 05:39 AM   #479
KamuiX
The Eighth Samurai
 
KamuiX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 1,949
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterTwister View Post
Yeah I want to hear from more people because on mine, she's not there.
Just popped my copy in, and she's on it as well. The first line Tony Brown says concludes with exactly what bloodthrill quoted: "Juliette Cummins who played Sheila". I've had my copy for over a month now, since I got it for review purposes, but it's the retail version, not a check disc or screener, Shout! only sends out the finished product.

This sounds very bizarre...I'd like to hear if anyone else is afflicted with this issue, I have my review planned to go up over the weekend and it might be worth mentioning if someone else can report having the same problem. Odd...
__________________

Please visit my site...It's the future!


Wii Friend Code: 8897-8584-2714-5768 // XBL & PS3 GamerTag: KamuiXZero
KamuiX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 05:52 AM   #480
MisterTwister
HackMaster
 
MisterTwister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Lake Wales, FL
Posts: 1,296
Quote:
Originally Posted by KamuiX View Post
Just popped my copy in, and she's on it as well. The first line Tony Brown says concludes with exactly what bloodthrill quoted: "Juliette Cummins who played Sheila". I've had my copy for over a month now, since I got it for review purposes, but it's the retail version, not a check disc or screener, Shout! only sends out the finished product.

This sounds very bizarre...I'd like to hear if anyone else is afflicted with this issue, I have my review planned to go up over the weekend and it might be worth mentioning if someone else can report having the same problem. Odd...
I emailed Shout Factory to see WTF is going on. I tried it on my regular DVD player, my Xbox 360 and my PC and nothing. There's silent gaps throughout. Maybe that's what lays beneath them but it doesn't make a lick of sense.


EDIT:

Tried it on my portable dvd player and nope. There is an almost 10 second gap of silence on mine between when Tony Brown introduces the director and producer and when they begin discussing the opening music.

Last edited by MisterTwister; 10-06-2010 at 05:59 AM.
MisterTwister is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1999-2012 Horrordvds.com

No text or images from this site may be reprinted or used elsewhere without express consent from Horrordvds.com