Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 01-21-2010, 04:12 AM   #46
DrHerbertWest
For Your Health

Really excited for GALAXY OF TERROR. Can't wait.
Old 02-06-2010, 04:24 PM   #47
X-human
I ate my keys

Extras for Rock ’N’ Roll High School Special Edition and Suburbia Collector’s Edition in press release:
Quote:
SHOUT! FACTORY PRESENTS ROGER CORMAN'S CULT CLASSICS: 5/4/2010

Gabba gabba hey! Two hugely popular Roger Corman rock films that have long been out of print will hit the home-entertainment shelves on May 4, 2010: the Rock ’N’ Roll High School 30th Anniversary Special Edition DVD and Suburbia Collector’s Edition DVD, the first two titles launching the highly anticipated Roger Corman’s Cult Classics home entertainment series from Shout! Factory. Newly remastered and available for the first time in Anamorphic widescreen (16:9), Rock ’N’ Roll High School Special Edition and Suburbia Collector’s Edition provide the outrageous candor of teenage angst and nostalgic reverie of a counterculture rock movement that captured the hearts of many generations. With explosive musical performances from the Ramones, T.S.O.L., The Vandals and D.I., and extensive bonus content including all-new interviews and commentary with cast and crew, rare behind-the-scenes footage and much more, these two definitive home entertainment releases from Shout’s Roger Corman’s Cult Classics line are a must-have for Roger Corman fans and film aficionados as well as anyone who remains young at heart. Each DVD title is sold separately and has a suggested retail price of $19.93.

Executive produced by Corman and directed by Allan Arkush (Heroes), Rock ’N’ Roll High School boasts performances by the Ramones and stars P.J. Soles (Halloween) in the lead role of Riff Randell, Vince Van Patten (Hell Night), Clint Howard (Grand Theft Auto), Dey Young (Spaceballs), Mary Woronov (Death Race 2000), Dick Miller (Piranha) and Paul Bartel (Hollywood Boulevard).

Based on Arkush’s own high school fantasy, the 1979 cult film takes place at Vince Lombardi High School — the wildest, most rockin’ high school around! That is, until a thug of a principal, Miss Togar, comes along and tries to make the school a totalitarian state. With the help of the Ramones, the students of Vince Lombardi battle Miss Togar's iron-fisted rule and take their battle to a truly rockin’ conclusion!

Rock ’N’ Roll High School quickly developed a devoted following after its release in 1979 and became a mainstay of the midnight movie cult circuit. As with films like The Rocky Horror Picture Show, audience members began to dress up like the cast and the Ramones for screenings.

Arkush, a self-described “unabashed rock ’n’ roll fanatic,” chose the Ramones to star as the film’s musical heroes, as he felt they epitomized pure rock ’n’ roll. As Arkush remembers, “We staged a live, marathon show at the Roxy Theatre that consisted of 22 hours of nonstop Ramones,” and the tireless quartet also wrote two songs for the film: “I Want You Around” and “Rock ’N’ Roll School.” The Ramones were fans of Corman as well. Johnny Ramone said in an interview at the time, “When we found out Roger Corman was behind the picture, we said, sure, we’ll do it because we knew he had a reputation and we knew he made good movies.”

ROCK ’N’ ROLL HIGH SCHOOL 30th ANNIVERSARY SPECIAL EDITION EXTENSIVE SPECIAL FEATURES INCLUDE:
• New Anamorphic Widescreen Transfer (1.85:1)
• Special Introduction And “Thank You” From Director Allan Arkush
• Audio Commentary With Director Allan Arkush, Producer Mike Finnell And Screenwriter Richard Whitley
• Audio Commentary With Roger Corman And Dey Young
• New Audio Commentary With Director Allan Arkush, P.J. Soles And Clint Howard
• Back To School: A Retrospective Including All-New Interviews With Allan Arkush, Roger Corman, Joe Dante, Dey Young, Marky Ramone And More . . .
• Staying After Class: A Roundtable Interview With P.J. Soles, Vincent Van Patten And Dey Young
• Interview With Roger Corman Conducted By Leonard Maltin
• New Interview With Director Allan Arkush Including A Look At Rare, Behind-The-Scenes Stills From His Personal Collection
• Audio Outtakes From The Roxy – Audio Recording Of The Ramones Shooting
• The Final Scene
• Original Radio Ads And TV Spots
• Original Theatrical Trailer
• Original Theatrical Trailer With Commentary By writer/director/actor Eli Roth Courtesy Of Trailers from Hell.
• Additional Roger Corman Trailers
• And more TBA!

Written and directed by Penelope Spheeris (Wayne’s World), featuring live performances by T.S.O.L., The Vandals and D.I., and starring Bill Coyne, Chris Pederson, Jennifer Clay and Christina Beck, 1984’s Suburbia deftly explores the punk rock generation and follows the unforgettable journey of two teenage boys who escape their unhappy home and join a group of runaways, punks who have banded together to form their own family. Dubbing themselves “The Rejected,” (aka T.R.), the teens have taken squatters’ rights in a filthy, abandoned house, and are bound together by tragedy and punk rock until they’re confronted by the “Citizens Against Crime,” a group of irascible adults from the suburbs who blame the punks for the ruin of their town. During the course of filming, the production used real kids for many parts in addition to professional actors (and includes the acting debut of Red Hot Chili Peppers bassist Flea).

SUBURBIA COLLECTOR’S EDITION SPECIAL FEATURES INCLUDE:
• New Anamorphic Widescreen Transfer (1.85:1)
• Audio Commentary With Director Penelope Spheeris
• New Audio Commentary
• Theatrical Trailers
• And more….

Following the release of the Rock ’N’ Roll High School 30th Anniversary DVD and Suburbia Collector’s Edition DVD, Shout! Factory will continue to present Roger Corman’s Cult Classics home entertainment releases on a monthly basis. Upcoming highlights include Death Race 2000, Battletruck (aka Warlords Of The 21st Century), Deathsport, Forbidden World, Galaxy Of Terror, Attack Of The Crab Monster, Not Of This Earth (1957), Piranha and Humanoids From The Deep, among others.
http://www.shoutfactory.com/press/35...lt_classi.aspx

More extras to be announce eh? Hrm...

A Few Ants Short. And what the hell, check out my DVD Collection won't you?
X-human is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 04:56 PM   #48
Nailwraps
HackMaster

Shout! Factory really pulled all the stops for Rock 'N' Roll High School! Congrats!
Nailwraps is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 03:42 AM   #49
Nailwraps
HackMaster

The Slumber Party Massacre series DVDs have been announced!!!!!!!!:

http://www.horrorbid.com/blog/blog1....-series-gettin

"According to Hockstatter, Shout! Factory will re-release the Slumber Party Massacre trilogy as special edition DVDs, tentatively scheduled for an October release. The fun slasher series has developed a cult following, but the DVDs have been out of print for years. Jason Paul Collum is directing an extensive, three-part supplementary documentary. There is also an “ultimate fan” contest being held...

Follow up:

The DVD releases are said to include the following special features:

* All-new interviews with cast, crew and FX personnel from the series
* Vintage never-before-seen interviews
* Behind-the-scenes footage and photographs
* a featurette featuring visits to the original shooting locations
* Audio commentary on the plethora of knockoffs that followed the release of these films such as: THE LAST SLUMBER PARTY, SORORITY HOUSE MASSACRE and our personal favorite, THE SORORITY HOUSE SLUMBER PARTY MASSACRE
* "Sleepless Nights: Revisiting the Slumber Party Massacres" three-part documentary
* Audio commentaries for each film moderated by fansite webmaster and documentary producer, Tony Brown

The contest ends February 14th so act fast! Click HERE for contest rules, requirements, and to download a release form to accompany you submission.

Please stay tuned for official cover art and the final special feature tally once they're been revealed!"
Nailwraps is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 06:52 AM   #50
Erick H.
HackMaster

I'm really looking forward to this bounty of 70's and 80's exploitation !
Erick H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 07:20 AM   #51
Katatonia
Master of Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nailwraps View Post
The Slumber Party Massacre series DVDs have been announced!!!!!!!!:

http://www.horrorbid.com/blog/blog1....-series-gettin

"According to Hockstatter, Shout! Factory will re-release the Slumber Party Massacre trilogy as special edition DVDs, tentatively scheduled for an October release. The fun slasher series has developed a cult following, but the DVDs have been out of print for years. Jason Paul Collum is directing an extensive, three-part supplementary documentary. There is also an “ultimate fan” contest being held...

Follow up:

The DVD releases are said to include the following special features:

* All-new interviews with cast, crew and FX personnel from the series
* Vintage never-before-seen interviews
* Behind-the-scenes footage and photographs
* a featurette featuring visits to the original shooting locations
* Audio commentary on the plethora of knockoffs that followed the release of these films such as: THE LAST SLUMBER PARTY, SORORITY HOUSE MASSACRE and our personal favorite, THE SORORITY HOUSE SLUMBER PARTY MASSACRE
* "Sleepless Nights: Revisiting the Slumber Party Massacres" three-part documentary
* Audio commentaries for each film moderated by fansite webmaster and documentary producer, Tony Brown

The contest ends February 14th so act fast! Click HERE for contest rules, requirements, and to download a release form to accompany you submission.

Please stay tuned for official cover art and the final special feature tally once they're been revealed!"
Whoa, THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!

Katatonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 03:50 PM   #52
springjack
Maniac

I hope they will release Sorority House Massacre 1 and 2 and Hard To Die
________
BBW TUBES

Last edited by springjack; 03-20-2011 at 09:19 PM.
springjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 02:38 PM   #53
Dobby
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by springjack View Post
I hope they will release Sorority House Massacre 1 and 2 and Hard To Die
Yeah I need them to re-release those too. I hope they announce them soon very soon.
Dobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 05:00 PM   #54
HAEMORRHAGE
If he dies, he dies

Crap, more movies that I have to double dip on? Oh well, at least I bought them when they were cheap. Now those movies are selling for way too much on EBay and Amazon.
Old 02-08-2010, 05:06 PM   #55
wago70
Robinson Crusoe on Mars

Looking forward to ALL the releases. Buying most of them sight unseen (BattleTruck). Can't wait for SLUMBER PARTY MASSACRE.

Trish Lives!!!!
wago70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 06:44 PM   #56
crikan
HackMaster

When Shout! Factory announced this deal for the Roger Corman library, the Slumber Party Massacre series was the one I was the most excited to hear about. I sure hope they also release Sorority House Massacre 1 and 2 and Hard To Die. Did anyone see mention of a widescreen transfer?
crikan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 10:42 PM   #57
spawningblue
Deadite

That is great news about the Slumber Party series! First Madmen and now this. The OOP horror releases that I have wanted are getting slimmer every day. Now if Anchor Bay or Blue Underground would just re-release their Hammer horror catalogs!

PS Looks like the Slumber films are still selling for a pretty penny on eBay, if you have them I'd throw them up there now before they are worth nothing.

My Movie Collection

The Horror and More! Podcast
spawningblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 01:42 AM   #58
Katatonia
Master of Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawningblue View Post
PS Looks like the Slumber films are still selling for a pretty penny on eBay, if you have them I'd throw them up there now before they are worth nothing.
Nope, not me. I'll gladly keep the old DVD's for now; as you never know what will happen. Releases get cancelled, get botched, get put on hold indefinitely, etc.

Sure the specs for the reissues sound sweet, but I'll wait to have them in my hands first.

Katatonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 08:27 AM   #59
Vlachio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nailwraps View Post
They better not get HIP and Sawish on those fucking covers!
Old 02-11-2010, 10:25 AM   #60
Stige
HackMaster

werewolf tv series ( ok it got cancelled but that's not shout factory's fault) , slumber party massacre series with hopefully better transfers the super edition of kingdom of the spiders , stepfather ( it was SF wasn't it?)

shout factory may just superceed anchor bay for my favorite genre title releasing company
Stige is offline   Reply With Quote