Found the packaing for the upcoming Power Rangers Seasons 1-7 set:

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread....06#post6052306
Nailwraps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 06:02 PM   #977
Nailwraps
HackMaster

From Scream Factory's Facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/ScreamFactoryDVD

"Street Date Update: TERROR TRAIN & THE FUNHOUSE are both planned for a 10/16 release. We should have preorder links available at ScreamFactoryDVD.com available by end of June or early July so keep checking back!

Key Art Update: THE FUNHOUSE is still in 'final processing' stages (to borrow a quote from Halloween III). We're eager to share it and we will as soon as we can. :-)"
Old 06-15-2012, 06:23 PM   #978
Nailwraps
HackMaster

Get A Life The Complete Series Press Release (featuring extras listing):
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Lif...-release/17098

The Angry Beavers Season 3 Volume 2 Press Release:
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Ang...-release/17096
Old 06-27-2012, 03:39 PM   #979
Nailwraps
HackMaster

The finalized version of The Funhouse artwork is revealed!:

Old 06-27-2012, 05:08 PM   #980
bigdaddyhorse
Detroit Hi-on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nailwraps View Post
The finalized version of The Funhouse artwork is revealed!:

Pretty cool, but I like the sleazy look of the Arrow cover better.

My Fucking DVDS
bigdaddyhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 11:38 PM   #981
bruce h
Editor - CINEMA ARCANA

I preordered the two HALLOWEENs, and will grab TERROR TRAIN, but THE FUNHOUSE just doesn't cut it for me. I caught it in 35mm a year or two ago and it still didn't do anything to raise my opinion. I would've been much more excited if they grabbed PRINCE OF DARKNESS instead!
bruce h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 12:45 AM   #982
ronnie21
HackMaster

yeah the funhouse could have used a little more blood or gore or nudity.. its like something was missing. and all the scenes with the little brother were more creepier than the horror in the funhouse. But iam still getting it. and you were lucky to see a 35 mm print of it..
ronnie21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 09:40 PM   #983
Nailwraps
HackMaster

From Scream Factory's Facebook!:

"Mark your calenders John Carpenter fans! We are planning to release the Collector's Edition of THEY LIVE on Blu-ray and DVD on 11/6/12.

In the next couple of months we'll update you on its approved key art, tentative extras and pre-order links on ScreamFactoryDVD.com. Keep checking back with us!"
Old 07-03-2012, 10:28 PM   #984
tropical marsh
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie21 View Post
yeah the funhouse could have used a little more blood or gore or nudity.. its like something was missing. and all the scenes with the little brother were more creepier than the horror in the funhouse. But iam still getting it. and you were lucky to see a 35 mm print of it..
The scenes with the little brother were fuckin' pointless. The whole movie is a letdown, but those scenes especially annoy the shit out of me.
Old 07-03-2012, 11:40 PM   #985
X-human
I ate my keys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nailwraps View Post
From Scream Factory's Facebook!:

"Mark your calenders John Carpenter fans! We are planning to release the Collector's Edition of THEY LIVE on Blu-ray and DVD on 11/6/12.

In the next couple of months we'll update you on its approved key art, tentative extras and pre-order links on ScreamFactoryDVD.com. Keep checking back with us!"
I will obey and buy this.

A Few Ants Short. And what the hell, check out my DVD Collection won't you?
X-human is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 03:00 PM   #986
frightmares
Screamy Bopper

I pre-ordered Halloween 2 & 3 on blu and intended on getting everything on their slate so far. So psyched for Deadly Blessing! I've been waiting for that one for many years! The only one I haven't seen so far is Death Valley. Anyone see that one? Is it worth the purchase?
I'll be getting They Live of course. I have a bootleg of the Carpenter/Piper commentary, so I wonder if they are going to port that one over or if Carpenter will do another one.
Old 07-05-2012, 03:55 PM   #987
Egg_Shen
broomhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by frightmares View Post
I have a bootleg of the Carpenter/Piper commentary, so I wonder if they are going to port that one over or if Carpenter will do another one.
I doubt that he'll do another one. I remember they tried to get him to do another for Halloween, and he said that once was enough. Maybe he was just tired of Halloween by that point. I will definitely be picking up They Live. and wouldn't mind an extensive documentary as an extra.
Egg_Shen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 04:48 PM   #988
elDomenechHDG
HackMaster

John Carpenter movies don't seems to have too many deleted scenes. Aside from the TV version of Halloween (was that even him or the producers idea?) and the 10 minute segment cut from Escape From New York, I haven't seen much else in the way of deleted scenes for his other films. If any cut footage exists for THEY LIVE I'd love to see it. I always thought the film felt kinda short, sort of unfinished.
elDomenechHDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 01:35 AM   #989
Nailwraps
HackMaster

Terror Train and Funhouse extras announced!!!:

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=9077

"In October, Scream Factory, the horror-thriller offshoot of independent film distributor Shout Factory, will bring Terror Train and The Funhouse to Blu-ray. Both titles will be making their North American Blu-ray debuts.

Terror Train:

Directed by Roger Spottiswoode (Tomorrow Never Dies) and shot by cinematographer John Alcott (The Shining), this 1980 chiller transplants the slasher movie to America's railways, as a group of college kids having a New Year's Eve party on a chartered train find themselves the targets of a deranged psychopath with an all-too personal grudge. "Scream Queen" Jamie Lee Curtis (Halloween) leads a cast that includes Academy Award-winner Ben Johnson (The Last Picture Show), Hart Bochner (Die Hard), and magician David Copperfield.

The Funhouse:

From the mind of filmmaker Tobe Hooper (The Texas Chain Saw Massacre) comes this cult 1981 shocker, which centers around Amy (Elizabeth Berridge, Amadeus), a teenager excited about her first date with the hunky Buzz (Cooper Huckabee, True Blood) at the local carnival. However, Amy and Buzz unwittingly witness a grisly murder in the carnival's funhouse, an act that forces the young lovers and their friends into a brutal fight for survival. Sylvia Miles (Midnight Cowboy), William Finley (The Black Dahlia), and Kevin Conway (Gettysburg) co-star, and Academy Award-winner Rick Baker (An American Werewolf in London) provides the film's gruesome makeup effects.

Scream Factory presents both pictures in their original aspect ratios - 1.85:1 for Terror Train and 2.39:1 for The Funhouse - with 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio tracks. The respective discs also contain the following supplements:

Terror Train -

Commentary with Roger Spottiswoode
Still gallery
Theatrical trailer and TV spots
A limited edition - less than 500 copies made - 18" x 24" poster featuring newly commissioned Terror Train artwork if the Blu-ray is purchased at Shout Factory's website

The Funhouse -

Commentary with Tobe Hooper, hosted by director Tim Sullivan
Theatrical trailer
Radio and TV spots
A limited edition - less than 500 copies made - 18" x 24" poster featuring newly commissioned Funhouse artwork if the Blu-ray is purchased at Shout Factory's website

Note: Terror Train is a Blu-ray/DVD combo pack.

Both Terror Train and The Funhouse are expected to street on October 16th."

EDIT: They are available for pre-order on Shout!'s website (which I found out there that more extras will be announed so stay tuned! )

Last edited by Nailwraps; 07-06-2012 at 01:39 AM.
Old 07-06-2012, 07:35 AM   #990
chancetx
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by frightmares View Post
The only one I haven't seen so far is Death Valley. Anyone see that one? Is it worth the purchase?
I haven't seen it since I was a kid so I'm looking forward to it mostly from nostalgia. I'm a sucker for all those 70s and 80s movies set in the desert and this one fits perfectly. I don't think it's especially violent but I saw it edited for TV. Imagine "Duel" meets "The Hitcher" with the kid from "A Christmas Story." That probably sounds awful but I remember it being entertaining.
chancetx is offline   Reply With Quote