Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 07-09-2012, 03:34 AM   #1006
Nailwraps
HackMaster

Extras for the Power Rangers Seasons 1-7 set have been announced!!!:

http://www.toonzone.net/forums/showt...s-on-DVD/page6

"Brian Ward has also posted a list of the special features it'll offer on Ragerboard earlier this week. So they are:
1. Morphin Time! A Look Back At Mighty Morphin Power Rangers
2. A Morphenomenal Cast: A Look At Becoming A Power Ranger
3. Tales of the Giant Banana: A Look Back at Bulk & Skull
4. Behind the Mask: Celebrating the Stunt Team
5. The Fans Power Up
6. A Convention With Attitude: Power Morphicon
7. Lord Zedd's Monster Heads
8. Alpha's Magical Christmas
9. The Good, The Bad and the Stupid: The Misadventures of Bulk & Skull
10. The MMPR Fan Club Video
11. MMPR Karate Club: The White Ranger Kata
12. Power Rangers Live: The World Tour
13. The Lost Episode
14. Power Playback: Power Rangers Funniest Moments
15. It's Comin' ZEO Serial
16. Gold Lining ZEO Promo
17. Tanya's Stick Together Music Video

He also says that there's even a little something extra. There might even be a few more, since he said the ones mentioned above are the ones he can think of off the top of his head."

Thanks goes to Toonzone member Storm Eagle for this breaking news!
Nailwraps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 07:22 AM   #1007
The Tall Man
Stalker

At 43 years of age I can honestly say I have never watched a Power Rangers episode in my life. I don't think that will change any time soon. Thanks for the heads up on the others though, just pre-ordered Funhouse and Terror Train. I think I have more pre orders on Amazon currently than at any time previously !
The Tall Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 10:57 AM   #1008
bruce h
Editor - CINEMA ARCANA

All aboard Roger Spottiswoode's TERROR TRAIN (1980), coming to blu from Shout! Factory's new Scream Factory imprint!

Med school dork Kenny thinks he's getting lucky with Jamie Lee Curtis at a New Year's shindig, but instead winds up under the sheets with a corpse. Joke's on you, Kenny. Years later it's party time again, this one a costumed soiree inside a cross-country locomotive. As expected, a disguised killer starts cutting up attendees -- could it be Kenny, still pissed after his mental institution stint? Or Ben Johnson, the creepy train conductor? Class clown Ed? Prank organizer Doc? Or David F'n Copperfield, who's the on-board entertainment?! (Seriously.)

Marching to its own beat since the subgenre's tropes weren't really established yet, TERROR TRAIN was one of the earliest '80s slashers out of the gate in the wake of HALLOWEEN's success. It's not the goriest, nor the sleaziest, but remains a fun time nonetheless, and one that probably looks better today in the wake of all the crud that's been foisted on us since. Unlike the decade old barebones Fox DVD, this one promises to be a real special edition; a director's commentary has already been announced, with more supplements on the way. Keep 'em comin', Shout!

Pre-order now available:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...SIN=B008HUSFXE

The trailer:
http://youtu.be/qnOw-Uvs6w0

(Hopefully you guys are okay with these write-ups I've been doing; I usually just post 'em on my Facebook whenever an interesting pre-order gets announced, but I figured why let 'em go to waste?)
bruce h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 02:43 AM   #1009
bruce h
Editor - CINEMA ARCANA

Looks like Scream Factory had some exclusive ComiCon pins:

Anybody get a set?
bruce h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 02:58 AM   #1010
Nailwraps
HackMaster

All In The Family The Complete Series:
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Fam...e-Series/17194

Pound Puppies: Super Secret Pup Club:
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Pou...Pup-Club/17189

Law and Order: Criminal Intent:
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Law...Season-8/17196

Fantasy Island The Complete 3rd Season:
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Fan...Season-3/17195

Big Bad Beetleborgs Season 1, Volume 1:
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Big...Volume-1/17191

V.R. Troopers Season 1, Volume 1:
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/VR-...Volume-1/17192
Old 07-10-2012, 04:24 AM   #1011
X-human
I ate my keys

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Tall Man View Post
At 43 years of age I can honestly say I have never watched a Power Rangers episode in my life. I don't think that will change any time soon. Thanks for the heads up on the others though, just pre-ordered Funhouse and Terror Train. I think I have more pre orders on Amazon currently than at any time previously !
It's been a long while since I've seen it but if you like old school Japanese guys in rubber suits Godzilla styled ripoff stuff it's kinda fun. The spin offs like VR Troopers were especially bad so I actually tuned into that more. I had already tuned out by the time Big Bad Beetleborgs came around but I was half tempted. Honestly I just found the real old school Japanese guys in rubber suits better.

A Few Ants Short. And what the hell, check out my DVD Collection won't you?
X-human is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 07:56 PM   #1012
Nailwraps
HackMaster

Reversable cover art for Terror Train!:

http://www.facebook.com/ScreamFactoryDVD
Old 07-11-2012, 08:34 PM   #1013
ronnie21
HackMaster

cool, these are so cool to have..
ronnie21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 05:25 AM   #1014
Nailwraps
HackMaster

Some info from Michael Felscher told by Blu-ray forum member Frightener22:

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread....=1#post6179165

"In addition, Michael Felscher of Red Shirt Pictures, the company responsible for the special features on the Scream Factory discs, was at a recent convention conducting a Q&A and he mentioned that they have Carpenter's involvement on "They Live". He also went on to mention that they have already shot interviews with him. Although, he declined to be interviewed for "Halloween II" and "III" simply because he didn't direct them. Fair enough but it still would have been interesting to hear his opinions on those two flicks. Felscher admitted that at this time it appears that "Phantasm II" will most likely be the most stacked release as far as features. Interviews, commentaries... the whole nine are apparently planned for that one."

And FYI, so far the releases will have slipcovers containing the new commissioned artwork.
Old 07-12-2012, 01:04 PM   #1015
elDomenechHDG
HackMaster

Glad to hear that Phantasm II will have a lot of extras but it feels like it could be the least popular title out of this batch. I'm basing this statement on the fact that nobody seems to be talking about it much. Still, great news.

Carpenter had nothing to do with Halloween II or III but it still would've been interesting to hear his point of view on the films. A Carpenter commentary for HIII could've turned out to be VERY interesting (and would make for a killer extra).

I find the idea of slipcovers sort of pointless because it's always the same art as on the case itself. If Shout is embossing the slipcovers with the new artwork then it's OK. I'm a big fan of original artwork so I'm happy that they're including both even if the font is different.
elDomenechHDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 03:40 PM   #1016
Nailwraps
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by elDomenechHDG View Post
Carpenter had nothing to do with Halloween II or III
He wrote and produced those films you know. But yeah, I would like to hear his point of view on 4-II Remake.
Old 07-12-2012, 06:23 PM   #1017
Chomp
Rudest Motherfucker on HD

Quote:
Glad to hear that Phantasm II will have a lot of extras but it feels like it could be the least popular title out of this batch. I'm basing this statement on the fact that nobody seems to be talking about it much. Still, great news.
No one’s talking about Phantasm II because few information has been released about it. Everyone is still soaking up the amazing features and cover art for the recently revealed Halloween sequels, The Funhouse, and Terror Train. And for me personally, Phantasm II is definitely one of my most anticipated of the Scream Factory bunch.

Quote:
Carpenter had nothing to do with Halloween II or III but it still would've been interesting to hear his point of view on the films. A Carpenter commentary for HIII could've turned out to be VERY interesting (and would make for a killer extra).
Uh, Carpenter actually had a pretty substantial involvement with both. He wrote the sequel in one night with the help of a 6-pack of Bud. Carpenter also chose director Rick Rosenthal when Tommy Lee Wallace declined. He also made changes to Rosenthal’s final product (including reshooting scenes) which is now the Theatrical Cut of the film. A lot of what you see in the Halloween II TV Cut was Rosenthal’s original vision.

Carpenter also produced Halloween III and also did the musical score. It was JC’s idea that Halloween III not be another slasher film involving Michael Myers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nailwraps View Post
He wrote and produced those films you know. But yeah, I would like to hear his point of view on 4-II Remake.
His response to the Halloween sequels has always been the same…he wishes them the best of luck, and thanks them for adding more money to his bank account.

Last edited by Chomp; 07-12-2012 at 06:30 PM.
Chomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 06:56 PM   #1018
elDomenechHDG
HackMaster

Just goes to show how much I know about the Halloween films :-). I imagine Carpenter must have cut ties to the series at some point or was he was involved in some capacity right through the Rob Zombie films? Now I'm really hoping he'll change his mind and become involved with the extras for II and III.

Phantasm II is also my most-anticipated release. I'm hoping Cliff has the same amount of enthusiasm for Phantasm that he had for Halloween and tracks down that workprint footage.
elDomenechHDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 08:40 PM   #1019
Chomp
Rudest Motherfucker on HD

Nah, after Halloween III, JC was done. Early on into the pre-production of Halloween 4, Carpenter was set to direct and even co-wrote an early script, but Akkad rejected it. After that, JC signed all his rights to Akkad.
Chomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 03:20 PM   #1020
WesReviews
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chomp View Post
His response to the Halloween sequels has always been the same…he wishes them the best of luck, and thanks them for adding more beer & cigs money to his bank account.
Fixed that for ya.

Oh, The Horror! Reviews - Horror movie reviews... all decades, all sub-genres.
ACTION ALLIANCE - Action film talk with action film fans.

"Life differs from the play only in this... it has no plot, all is vague, desultory, unconnected till the curtain drops with the mystery unsolved." - Edward George Bulwer-Lytton
WesReviews is offline   Reply With Quote