Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 09-11-2012, 08:31 PM   #1156
Nailwraps
HackMaster

Morphenomenal! The MMPR Complete Series set is set for a wide release on the same day a Season 1 Volume 2!:

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Mig...e-Series/17481
Nailwraps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 12:56 AM   #1157
Dobby
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copyboy View Post
I've never seen Death Valley. Is that a character in the movie or a blow up doll?
LOL i was thinking the same thing hahahaha!
Dobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 06:58 AM   #1158
Nailwraps
HackMaster

Review of G.I. Joe Renegades Season 1 Blu-ray:

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/7196...egades_s1.html

And 5 days left to Halloween II and III CE on Blu-ray and 1 more day left til the next Scream Factory title is announced (and Shout!'s new sub-licensor)!
Old 09-13-2012, 07:44 AM   #1159
buck135
The Duke of New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nailwraps View Post
Review of G.I. Joe Renegades Season 1 Blu-ray:

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/7196...egades_s1.html

And 5 days left to Halloween II and III CE on Blu-ray and 1 more day left til the next Scream Factory title is announced (and Shout!'s new sub-licensor)!
"Four more days till Halloween, Halloween, Halloween, four more days till Halloween, Silver Shamrock!" Sorry, I couldn't help myself.
Old 09-14-2012, 12:10 AM   #1160
Nailwraps
HackMaster

From Scream's Facebook!:

"Check in with us tomorrow where we'll actually announce TWO titles that are a part of our new deal.

The only hints we'll give: Both are from the 80s. One has been released before (but not before in widescreen) and the other has never been out on DVD before."
Old 09-14-2012, 01:13 AM   #1161
zbinks
!OXOMOXO! ƎYƎ AM THE I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nailwraps View Post
From Scream's Facebook!:

"Check in with us tomorrow where we'll actually announce TWO titles that are a part of our new deal.

The only hints we'll give: Both are from the 80s. One has been released before (but not before in widescreen) and the other has never been out on DVD before."
Gotta believe it's MGM then. They were pretty bad about doing open matte releases on their 80's films.
zbinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 01:23 AM   #1162
fceurich39
HackMaster

would love for it to be The Video Dead i heard the music rights hold up for the film has been cleared or even Fright night part 2,rawhead rex,mosquito,godzilla 1985
fceurich39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 01:39 AM   #1163
CPT HOOK
HackMaster

Looking forward to the announcements tomorrow, but just thought I'd add:

Amazon currently has Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: Season 1 Volume 1 on sale for $9.96. It includes the first 30 episodes on 3 discs.

I have fond memories of this show from when I was a kid. I ordered it for the nostalgia alone, even though it'll probably be awful watching it now.
CPT HOOK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 03:51 AM   #1164
elDomenechHDG
HackMaster

Can't think of any horror MGM releases that were released in fullscreen only. Plenty of films in other genres were released in 1.33:1, like the Cannon action films, but not many horror films were. I can think of several Lionsgate-controlled titles that were released in fullscreen: Chopping Mall and Fright Night 2 come immediately to mind. This latest revelation kind of throws a wrench in my theory that it's exclusively MGM titles that Shout has licensed. Maybe it's a combination of different labels/studios. Tomorrow can't arrive soon enough.
elDomenechHDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 04:43 AM   #1165
Chomp
Rudest Motherfucker on HD

I have MST3K question... I don't follow the release dates of the volumes, but I do buy the them every now and then when I get in a MST3K kick...I just want to know has a volume been released with Squirm on it yet?
Chomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 05:56 AM   #1166
HAEMORRHAGE
If he dies, he dies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chomp View Post
I have MST3K question... I don't follow the release dates of the volumes, but I do buy the them every now and then when I get in a MST3K kick...I just want to know has a volume been released with Squirm on it yet?

Nope. I believe Jeff Lieberman is very against it. Something along the lines of he didn't find it very funny. Shame too, I really want that episode.
Old 09-14-2012, 06:08 AM   #1167
Chomp
Rudest Motherfucker on HD

I know Lieberman is not fond of the episode, but is it even up to him on whether the Squirm episode is released or not? That is a shame if that's the case because it is indeed a great episode.

C'mon... Lieberman can't be that big of a baby.
Chomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 06:15 AM   #1168
HAEMORRHAGE
If he dies, he dies

See, that's the one thing I wonder about too. I can't imagine that every director of a movie in a MST3K episode was fond of their commentary but some still probably got released on DVD anyways. Speaking of which, I believe the director of the Hobgoblins is one of them.
Old 09-14-2012, 01:37 PM   #1169
tropical marsh
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by elDomenechHDG View Post
Can't think of any horror MGM releases that were released in fullscreen only. Plenty of films in other genres were released in 1.33:1, like the Cannon action films, but not many horror films were. I can think of several Lionsgate-controlled titles that were released in fullscreen: Chopping Mall and Fright Night 2 come immediately to mind. This latest revelation kind of throws a wrench in my theory that it's exclusively MGM titles that Shout has licensed. Maybe it's a combination of different labels/studios. Tomorrow can't arrive soon enough.
Yeah, I'm thinking the same thing. The only full screen MGM dvds ('80s horror titles) I can recall: I, Madman and Curse 2: The Bite (part of a double feature with first one). The Dark Half was also full screen, but that's from the '90s.

Lionsgate does have a few gems: Chopping Mall, Slaughter High, Warlock, and Waxwork. Obviously, they also released Fright Night Part II as a full screen dvd, but I will literally shit in my pants if that's the announced title--I just don't think it's likely. Others, (from LG) that are more obscure: Watchers, Midnight (1982), My Best Friend is a Vampire.
Old 09-14-2012, 02:56 PM   #1170
bruce h
Editor - CINEMA ARCANA

A good FRIGHT NIGHT 2 would probably be my #1 want from anyone mining Lionsgate's catalog. I'd love to see a proper HD transfer of ALLIGATOR, too.
bruce h is offline   Reply With Quote