Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 09-26-2012, 01:27 PM   #1231
tropical marsh
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by elDomenechHDG View Post
I'd love to see GHOST TOWN get a release but it may not be one of the possible Shout acquisitions since it was distributed by New World. The other Empire titles belonged to MGM
Prison was distributed by New World on VHS, so maybe Ghost Town '88 is a possibility. It sounds pretty rad, so I hope Scream Factory ends up putting it out.
Old 09-28-2012, 01:34 AM   #1232
spawningblue
Deadite

A little disappointed with the announced titles so far. Cliff on the Bluray forums announced how these titles would be huge and blow us away, so maybe my expectations were just a little too high, but they definitely haven't been in the same league as Halloween 2 and 3, Terror Train, Funhosue, Phantasm 2, They live, ect.

I'm glad some people are excited about these titles, and don't get me wrong from the trailers they looked decent and I'll grab just about anything from this line, but in my opinion they aren't huge titles that you hear a lot about, even on this forum for that matter. I want The Fog, The Howling, The Town That Dreaded Sundown, ect. It's cool that these have never been released on DVD, or only in shoddy FS releases, but it would be nice if they divided the announcements up a bit. One bigger title, and then one never before released (Again, that's if they actually got any of the bigger titles).

There's still lots of time and titles to be announced though so here's hoping, but you would think if they got any of the huge titles they would have announced at least one of them in their first announcement.

Anyways, I'm not complaining, just a little disappointed.

Title to be announced tomorrow was apparently released between 1985-1990.

Dolls?
Video Dead?
From Beyond?
Ghoulies/ Ghoulies 2?
Lifeforce?

I would be down with any of those to be honest, though I have a feeling like the other titles it will come out of left field and be one I've never heard of.

My Movie Collection

The Horror and More! Podcast
spawningblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 02:22 AM   #1233
elDomenechHDG
HackMaster

Its gotta be Dolls since it's an Empire title like the first two announcements. I'm slightly underwhelmed also but you have to keep in mind that it's still MGM titles that they've acquired, with lots of titles still to be revealed. MGM has by far the best cult catalog of any of the major studios, with many still unreleased films just waiting to be dusted off. That being said, my personal wishlist:

Alien Predators
Without Warning
LifeForce
Creature
Ghost Town
elDomenechHDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 02:26 AM   #1234
Mikey Horror
HackMaster

I just hope to God they release The Burning.
Old 09-28-2012, 02:28 AM   #1235
ronnie21
HackMaster

mikey. they should. due to the fact if they can put out dorm that dripped blood on blu ray. iam sure that HD prints of burning have been floating around in recent years. should be no trouble at all...
ronnie21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 03:07 AM   #1236
Nailwraps
HackMaster

I'm hoping for either:

-Bad Taste
-Child's Play 2
-Dolls
-House III: The Horror Show
-The Video Dead
Nailwraps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 04:05 AM   #1237
dave13
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by elDomenechHDG View Post
Its gotta be Dolls since it's an Empire title like the first two announcements.
i was wondering why the MGM dvd had suddenly gone OOP. going for $50+ on amazon. if shout had acquired it, then that might explain it...
dave13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 04:05 AM   #1238
Matt89
HackMaster

I dunno if they'll get From Beyond and The Burning though. They're rather big cult titles that I'm sure MGM would want to release themselves. I mean here's hoping but I honestly doubt it.

~Matt
Old 09-28-2012, 05:38 AM   #1239
CPT HOOK
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave13 View Post
i was wondering why the MGM dvd had suddenly gone OOP. going for $50+ on amazon. if shout had acquired it, then that might explain it...
Good to know. If they announce it, I know what I'm doing with my DVD...
CPT HOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 05:44 AM   #1240
zbinks
!OXOMOXO! ƎYƎ AM THE I

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave13 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt89 View Post
I dunno if they'll get From Beyond and The Burning though. They're rather big cult titles that I'm sure MGM would want to release themselves. I mean here's hoping but I honestly doubt it.

~Matt
From Beyond and The Burning appear to be OOP too. From Beyond is another Empire release, so I think the chances of Shout! getting that are pretty strong actually. I think it's been OOP for a while now too. The Burning being OOP seems like a much more recent development. I thought Amazon still had that in stock fairly recently.
zbinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 06:03 AM   #1241
dave13
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPT HOOK View Post
Good to know. If they announce it, I know what I'm doing with my DVD...
keep in mind, that's amazon.CA - their prices are always a good chunk higher than .com
dave13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 06:10 AM   #1242
Matt89
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by zbinks View Post
From Beyond and The Burning appear to be OOP too. From Beyond is another Empire release, so I think the chances of Shout! getting that are pretty strong actually. I think it's been OOP for a while now too. The Burning being OOP seems like a much more recent development. I thought Amazon still had that in stock fairly recently.
Oh shit I didn't know that. Wow that would be fucking dope. If those two hit blu-ray I'll fucking lose my shit.

I know they probably wouldn't release it, but it would be nice if someone released Hell Night, Prom Night and Happy Birthday to Me on blu. My life would be complete.

~Matt
Old 09-28-2012, 06:21 AM   #1243
CPT HOOK
HackMaster

Worth mentioning, DVDEmpire currently has decent prices on the Scream Factory releases. I just nabbed The Funhouse and Terror Train for $16.79 a piece.

But act quickly, because the sale is supposedly ending very soon. It was supposed to be end of the day Thursday.
CPT HOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 08:53 AM   #1244
Kim Bruun
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie21 View Post
mikey. they should. due to the fact if they can put out dorm that dripped blood on blu ray. iam sure that HD prints of burning have been floating around in recent years. should be no trouble at all...
Indeed, and the MGM dvd looked great, so there must be a decent print out there. And as much as I appreciate that Dorm made it onto blu, The Burning simply has a larger cult following, making it a financially less risky investment for the company releasing it.

Last edited by Kim Bruun; 09-28-2012 at 08:57 AM.
Kim Bruun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 02:21 PM   #1245
walkingdude
Megatron

Here's one for ya.

Scream Factory

‎** EXCLUSIVE ANNOUNCEMENT**

The much-demanded THE VIDEO DEAD (1987) -- with zombies that come out of a TV set - is finally coming out in 2013.