Quote:
Originally Posted by Stige View Post
sorry I meant the arrow bluray

couldn't find the shout blu comparisons...still can't
Quote:
sorry I meant the universal dvd and the ARROW blu

Still can't find any shout blu picture from the link posted earlier
I'm not sure what you mean now. The DVDBeaver link has comparisons between the Universal DVD, The Arrow Blu-ray and the Shout Factory Blu-ray. 3 different screenshots all down the page, I don't see how you aren't seeing it...

Katatonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 07:50 PM   #1352
CPT HOOK
HackMaster

I ordered both the Funhouse and Terror Train blu-rays from DVDEmpire, along with Excision and Wrong Turn 5.

I just looked up the order, and under Excision it says:
PRODUCT RESERVED: This product is IN-STOCK and is being reserved for this Order.

But it doesn't look like they've got Funhouse or Terror Train yet.

Wrong Turn 5 doesn't street until the next week (the 23rd), so I'm curiously if they will ship out the first three when they get Funhouse and Terror Train, or if they'll wait for Wrong Turn 5.

I've only ordered from them maybe 2 or 3 times, so I'm not sure how their pre-orders work. It doesn't matter either way, I can wait an extra week. I'm just really excited for these two.
CPT HOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 09:03 PM   #1353
WesReviews
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutilated Prey View Post

Better artwork? Can I disagree
Regardless of artwork, the movie is shit.

Oh, The Horror! Reviews - Horror movie reviews... all decades, all sub-genres.
ACTION ALLIANCE - Action film talk with action film fans.

"Life differs from the play only in this... it has no plot, all is vague, desultory, unconnected till the curtain drops with the mystery unsolved." - Edward George Bulwer-Lytton
WesReviews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 09:08 PM   #1354
CPT HOOK
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesReviews View Post
Blasphemy! The Funhouse is one of the most atmospheric slasher films ever made!

This was the movie that made me fall in love with widescreen. I had seen it several times on TV growing up and just thought it was okay, but when I saw it on the DVD in 2.35:1 widescreen I fell head over heels in love with it. It was like watching a completely different movie. Now, I would probably rank it among my top 10 slashers.
Old 10-12-2012, 09:09 PM   #1355
jstell
Victim

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPT HOOK View Post
I ordered both the Funhouse and Terror Train blu-rays from DVDEmpire, along with Excision and Wrong Turn 5.

...so I'm curiously if they will ship out the first three when they get Funhouse and Terror Train, or if they'll wait for Wrong Turn 5.

I've only ordered from them maybe 2 or 3 times, so I'm not sure how their pre-orders work. It doesn't matter either way, I can wait an extra week. I'm just really excited for these two.
Actually you tell them what to do in the case of different release dates. There is a "Ship Partial" or "Ship Complete" option on the order page. You can change the option if you want. To find out what option you've selected just click on your order and check the middle of the page for "Backorder Method." If you want to change it click on the "Update Backorder Method" button near the top of the page.
Old 10-12-2012, 09:13 PM   #1356
WesReviews
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPT HOOK View Post
Blasphemy! The Funhouse is one of the most atmospheric slasher films ever made!
This one just never did anything for me. Always found it way overrated. For one thing, it's so sloooooooooooooooooow. Nothing happens for like an hour.

Then again... I love Final Exam, so what do I know.

But yeah, Funhouse just never left an impression with me. I'd lump it along side Sweet Sixteen, Mortuary, and Humongous. Watchable but dull slashers.

"Life differs from the play only in this... it has no plot, all is vague, desultory, unconnected till the curtain drops with the mystery unsolved." - Edward George Bulwer-Lytton
Old 10-12-2012, 09:18 PM   #1357
dave13
HackMaster

Quote:
boooooo-urns!
dave13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 09:21 PM   #1358
CPT HOOK
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstell View Post
Actually you tell them what to do in the case of different release dates. There is a "Ship Partial" or "Ship Complete" option on the order page. You can change the option if you want. To find out what option you've selected just click on your order and check the middle of the page for "Backorder Method." If you want to change it click on the "Update Backorder Method" button near the top of the page.
Thanks for the heads up. I have it as Ship Complete.

I have it set for Free Shipping though, and I don't want to screw that up. I'm okay with waiting the extra week.
Old 10-12-2012, 09:31 PM   #1359
Stige
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katatonia View Post
I'm not sure what you mean now. The DVDBeaver link has comparisons between the Universal DVD, The Arrow Blu-ray and the Shout Factory Blu-ray. 3 different screenshots all down the page, I don't see how you aren't seeing it...
well from what I read into the description, the blu ray captures on the bottom of the page were also from the ARROW blu? Doesn't matter I'm perfectly happy with the ARROW version
Stige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 09:41 PM   #1360
WesReviews
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave13 View Post
boooooo-urns!
Hey now, I'm still buying the Blu-ray, though.

Old 10-12-2012, 09:44 PM   #1361
JGrendel
HackMaster

I swear Shout Factory are becoming my new best friends.
JGrendel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 09:50 PM   #1362
Body Boy
HackMaster

Quote:
But yeah, Funhouse just never left an impression with me. I'd lump it along side Sweet Sixteen, Mortuary, and Humongous. Watchable but dull slashers.
The Funhouse grew on me, as did Sweet Sixteen and Final Exam.

I've always loved Humongous. I'd rank it in my top 20 slasher films. Never understood what was so dull about it. I think it's a great classic slasher, straight forward and a blast!

Mortuary is one I'd agree with. I like it, but its biggest problem is heading to the morgue 20 minutes too soon. More time at that gorgeous house would have benefited it.

Sweet Sixteen was a very dull watch at first, but I love the characters and Soap Opera dialogue, that I think even with its low body count, it's one that I can watch over and over again.

Watched The Funhouse on VHS like somebody else here. I didn't like it. Then watched it again in 2.35:1 on DVD, and I finally got what was so great about it. It's beautifully shot.
Body Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 02:02 AM   #1363
Katatonia
Master of Doom

Quote:
well from what I read into the description, the blu ray captures on the bottom of the page were also from the ARROW blu? Doesn't matter I'm perfectly happy with the ARROW version
There's screenshots taken from the Shout Blu on that page everywhere, and also from the Arrow Blu. There's 2 or 3 of each same screenshot right above one another. The text is shown above the images regarding where they came sourced from:

Quote:
Screen Captures

1) Universal Pictures - Region 1 - NTSCTOP
2) Arrow Video - Region FREE - Blu-ray - MIDDLE
3) Shout! Factory - Region 'A' - Blu-ray BOTTOM

I don't see how you could be missing seeing them.

Katatonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 02:35 AM   #1364
Egg_Shen
broomhead

Quote:
This one just never did anything for me. Always found it way overrated. For one thing, it's so sloooooooooooooooooow. Nothing happens for like an hour.
I actually like the sloooooooooow first half better than the second stalk and kill half. Hooper has a real knack for shooting sleazy and/or bizarre locations. The Funhouse showcases this well, and in widescreen (which I agree with everyone else, looks great)! Also, the performances are well above par for the genre.
Egg_Shen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 02:46 AM   #1365
dave13
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGrendel View Post
I swear Shout Factory are becoming my new best friends.
they took that honour as soon as they started the roger corman's cult classics line. now that they've introduced the scream factory line, its like they're friends with benefits!
dave13 is offline   Reply With Quote