Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 10-20-2012, 02:41 AM   #1441
Mikey Horror
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by shithead View Post
Incredible Melting Man...FUCK YES!

So glad I held out on buying the MOD. And with Shout, you know they'll use the awesome original poster art as a reversible cover.

Yeah, definitely my most anticipated release of all of their announcements so far. Love this flick.
Old 10-20-2012, 03:12 AM   #1442
Mr. Eddy
Stalker

Gotta say, Shout is turning out to be my number one dvd company now. First the Corman titles and now the Scream factory line,the great releases keep coming!

Last edited by Mr. Eddy; 10-20-2012 at 05:10 AM.
Mr. Eddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 05:34 AM   #1443
Nailwraps
HackMaster

From the Shout! forums regarding My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic Season 1:

http://www.shoutfactory.com/?q=node/180672&page=3

"The set is officially done and I'm incredibly happy with what we were able to put together! I've had a lot of questions about bonus features over the last couple of weeks, so I thought I'd go a little more in-depth here.

There are six audio commentaries, including folks like Hasbro executives Brian Lenard and Robert Fuchs, supervising directors Jayson Thiessen and James "Wooty" Wootton, art director Ridd Sorenson, composer Daniel Ingram, and...yes...voice cast members, such as Tabitha St. Germain (Rarity), Andrea Libman (Pinkie Pie & Fluttershy), Cathy Weseluck (Spike & the Mayor) and Nicole Oliver (Princess Celestia). These commentaries are PACKED with information and are A LOT of fun, as you listen to how these folks interact with one another on a daily basis. It's like being in the room during a record session of the show!

In addition to the commentaries, there are two sing-alongs, including the full-length theme song found on the original Friendship Express single-disc release and exclusive to this set is fan-favorite "At the Gala." We've also brought over the Pony Profiles from the Friendship Express single-disc and included several coloring sheets that can be downloaded to your computer via your DVD-Rom drive.

All 26 ORIGINAL (at least, as far as I can tell) episodes are included and they look and sound great! Looking forward to hearing everyone's thoughts when they finally get to watch them all on DVD!"
Nailwraps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 06:00 AM   #1444
zbinks
!OXOMOXO! ƎYƎ AM THE “I”

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGrendel View Post
I love this movie too, I have a buddy that lives a couple blocks from where they filmed the ferry landing. So my question is when Shout start aquiring stuff from Pparamount so we can get decent blus of friday the 13ths and April Fools Day?
I think it's more likely that Warner Bros. will get these titles in their new distribution deal with Paramount that starts in 2013.
zbinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 11:53 AM   #1445
Steel76
Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by shithead View Post
So glad I held out on buying the MOD.
Incredible Melting Man was the first and last MOD I ever bought.
Should have waited, but I was desperate to get the remastered version.

I was a bit tempted at "New Years Evil", but I hope that one will also come out on Blu-Ray from Scream Factory in a near future.

I wouldn´t mind if "Hospital Massacre" also got a release

Scream factory sure puts "Blue-Underground" to shame.
Old 10-20-2012, 12:37 PM   #1446
Kim Bruun
HackMaster

I've said this before, but The Incredible Melting Man is one of those that wasn't really high on my wish list - Squirm, Blood and Lace, and The Burning would easily take precedence - but I still want it in my collection. Filed under "I like it against my better judgement".
Kim Bruun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 02:11 PM   #1447
knewby
Victim

With all of these great 80's slashers coming out, I sure wish Gary Sales would get off his azz and cut a deal with them to get a proper MADMAN bluray.......Larry
knewby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 03:01 PM   #1448
Kim Bruun
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by knewby View Post
With all of these great 80's slashers coming out, I sure wish Gary Sales would get off his azz and cut a deal with them to get a proper MADMAN bluray.......Larry
Seconded - Madman is one of my favourite 80's slashers, and it deserves to be on blu!
Kim Bruun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 03:07 PM   #1449
SickNick89
Stalker

Not since Anchor Bay 1999-2001 have I felt this excited about a single company. I would love to see SLEEPAWAY CAMP get a nice blu release. It has never even had a hi-def transfer for DVD and the AB disc was slightly cut in some places.

My DVD Collection:
http://sicknick.dvdaf.com/
SickNick89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 04:21 PM   #1450
X-human
I ate my keys

Hopefully with Incredible Melting Man they'll also be able to put it in a MST3k boxset as well since there's an episode for that too. They're already doing Universal's Revenge of the Creature with the upcoming one. Shout's been awesome about manuvering titles for MST3k like with Gamera so they're obviously thinking about it.

A Few Ants Short. And what the hell, check out my DVD Collection won't you?
X-human is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 06:23 PM   #1451
zbinks
!OXOMOXO! ƎYƎ AM THE “I”

ONE YEAR OF FEAR Scream Factory Halloween contest!

Quote:
Enter to win our ONE YEAR OF FEAR Scream Factory Halloween contest!

One frighteningly fortunate grand prize winner will receive a one-year subscription to Scream Factory, extending from this Halloween to the next. S/he will receive one copy of each new Scream Factory title as they're released (Blu-ray or DVD format to be chosen by winner) between 10/31/12 and 10/31/13. The winner is also guaranteed to receive all value-adds, such as limited-edition posters, that might be offered. In the event of a zombie apocalypse within the next year, the subscription will be terminated, and you will be invited to join us at the nearest rural mall.

E-mail Address:
First Name:
Last Name:

Titles include:

They Live [Collector's Edition]
The Island
Death Valley
The Nest
Deadly Blessing [Collector's Edition]
...and every other Scream Factory release until Halloween of next year!

One entry per person. The winner will be drawn at random. Contest open to residents of the United States and Canada only. Must be 18 or older to enter. Contest ends 10/31/12 at 11:59 PM PST.

Be sure to become a fan of the official Scream Factory Facebook page, as we will be announcing the winner the following morning. This is also where you can find the latest (bone) breaking updates.
Sweet deal to whoever wins.
zbinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 08:11 PM   #1452
Drinkinstein
Stalker

Oh man would winning that contest save me a lotta dough next year! So far they have yet to announce anything I intend to skip.
Drinkinstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 08:31 PM   #1453
MorallySound
There is no magic.

Scream Factory will be releasing Renny Harlin's Prison sometime early 2013.

Quote:
Next year, sentence yourself to PRISON! Starring Viggo Mortensen and directed by Renny Harlin, this 1988 long sought-after film is finally coming to DVD & Blu-ray for the first time...and as a Collector's Edition! Extras, street date and preorder links to be announced at a further date.

In the meantime, check out this cool design that comes to us from illustrator Jeff Zornow.

Videonomicon | Mantis in Black Lace | Vimeo | Instagram | Letterboxd | Tumblr | Twitter | Reel to Reel | DVD Aficionado
MorallySound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 09:08 PM   #1454
dave13
HackMaster

i like the skull. i don't mind the electric chair corpse. but viggo looks awful. oh well, i really don't care if their new artwork is good or bad, since they always include the original on the flip side. gotta love shout factory.
dave13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 09:26 PM   #1455
evildeadfan123
Sam & Dean Winchester

So far I've purchased 4 of the Blu-Rays from Shout Factory, under their Scream Factory line, and I'm very impressed, and will continue to purchase them on Blu-Ray when they come out. 3 of the Blu-Rays, I saw in the theater when they were originally released.

Purchased:

Terror Train, which I never had a chance to see on the big screen
Halloween 2: With the TV Cut, and I own the Blu-Ray with Terror in The Aisles included. I know it was a double dip, but worth it.
Halloween 3: Season of The Witch
The Funhouse: Saw it with my brother, our mom, and at the time, our mom's boyfriend, and Pat actually liked it. Our stepfather was not a big horror fan, but he thought it was pretty good. I purchased it because it was in memory of my mom and stepfather, because my mom was the one who started me with horror movies.

I know a good hangover remedy, a greasy pork sandwich served in a dirty ashtray.

RIP: John Winchester, all us Supernatural fans will miss you.

http://www.myspace.com/jaredjensenfan

I love Jared's flaring nostrils
evildeadfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote