Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 03-18-2010, 02:56 PM   #16
Mutilated Prey
Soul Stealer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave13 View Post
I don't hate 6, but i'd rather watch 7 any day of the week!
Agreed - I like 7 better and especially if they would give us an uncut version!!!
Old 03-18-2010, 04:14 PM   #17
rhett

Yaeh, you know, 7 has usually gotten a bum rap, but over the years it's slowly creeping up as one of my favorites in the series. That final showdown is an effects extravaganza, and the scene where Jason takes the axe to the bitch's head and then chucks her into the TV is certainly one of the most iconic moments in the series for me. Maybe part of that has to do with the fact the shot of Jason from that scene was used on the NES game box.

But as far as the Blu-rays go, I'm sure Paramount is just sitting on some hi-def masters waiting to put them out. Hell, Jason Takes Manhattan can already be seen in HD on XBOX Live (including the awesome teaser!), so it's only a matter of time.
Old 03-18-2010, 04:36 PM   #18
Iron Jaiden
Maniac

I like that 6 and 7 seem to be the split between fans of the series these days. It seems like there's pretty much consensus on the rest of the films but you've got a well defined divide between Jason Lives fans and New Blood fans. It makes sense, both films are VERY different in a lot of ways but I've found myself entangled in this debate a dozen or so times with people at my work.

(I used to love 6 and hate 7 back when it first came out. These days I think I actually like 7 a lot more. Difference: I used to be a goofy teenager, now I like interesting stories )
Old 03-18-2010, 05:06 PM   #19
Mutilated Prey
Soul Stealer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhett View Post
Yaeh, you know, 7 has usually gotten a bum rap, but over the years it's slowly creeping up as one of my favorites in the series. That final showdown is an effects extravaganza, and the scene where Jason takes the axe to the bitch's head and then chucks her into the TV is certainly one of the most iconic moments in the series for me.
The bitch getting the axe in the head and tossed into the TV is a prime example of when we cheer for Jason to kick ass - I love it. I also love the scene where the telekinesis chick brings Jason back to life, and he comes out of the lake all crazy looking with his back bones all exposed - with the sound and everything it's very dramatic
Old 03-18-2010, 05:13 PM   #20
crikan
HackMaster

Let's hope we get a boxset in the next round. I have the three blu-ray's now and the others on Deluxe Edition DVD. I'm not bothered by the idea of upgrading parts 4, 5 and 7 to blu-ray so soon after buying the DVD's, but I'd feel stung if a boxset (with exclusive features) came out in less than 2 years later.

Oh, and the axe to the head is one of my favorite kills in the series.
crikan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 06:12 PM   #21
Cantona07
Stalker

I have got parts 4 and 6 in pure HD, thanks to Sky movies horror HD channel
Old 03-20-2010, 07:22 PM   #22
Matt89
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantona07 View Post
Well if it's broadcast on TV it's 720p, which isn't pure (or full) HD. Movies aren't broadcast yet at 1080p so you have parts 4 and 6 in 720p. Still better than 480p DVDs, but not quite "pure" HD.

~Matt
Old 03-21-2010, 03:17 PM   #23
mclay18
Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Jaiden View Post
Oh and for christ's sake would it be impossible for Paramount and New Line to fucking collaborate just once and put together a definitive Friday set? Fans would love it and both companies would make bank for sure.
The thing is, New Line longer does those awesome Infinifilm and Platinum Edition DVD/Blu-ray releases since they became a subsidiary of Warner Brothers two years ago. All New Line and Paramount would be able to do is just package all the movies together.
mclay18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 07:24 PM   #24
Cantona07
Stalker

The screen says 1080i when the picture adjusts itself. Sky HD broadcasts 1080i.

The highest format of high definition TV broadcast in the UK is 1080i, with Sky+HD supporting both this and 720 etc. So both Friday the 13ths were is full HD.

Last edited by Cantona07; 03-21-2010 at 07:29 PM.
Cantona07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 10:04 PM   #25
Matt89
HackMaster

Quote:
The screen says 1080i when the picture adjusts itself. Sky HD broadcasts 1080i.

The highest format of high definition TV broadcast in the UK is 1080i, with Sky+HD supporting both this and 720 etc. So both Friday the 13ths were is full HD.
What? No they're not. 1080i is still not full HD. 1080P is full HD. Either way, there really isn't much difference between 1080i and 720p.

~Matt
Old 03-28-2010, 01:20 AM   #26
mlock
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by springjack View Post
Jason got mad and slashed the CEO´s of Paramount.
Now they are editing thhe footage to include as an extra.
NICE ONE! Maybe then the remaining execs will finally give the franchise it's due appreciation.

xboxlive: TwitchofDethNrv
mlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 01:24 AM   #27
mlock
Stalker

Quote:
Lucky you! How do they look compared to the deluxe dvds? Better than my upscaling the dvds to 720p I'm sure.

xboxlive: TwitchofDethNrv
mlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 07:36 PM   #28
Grim
HackMaster

It seems that blu's for Parts 4-8 were never really part of the original plan to begin with...
http://fridaythe13thfilms.com/blog/n...t-blu-ray-set/
Old 06-12-2010, 08:37 PM   #29
Egg_Shen
broomhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim View Post
It seems that blu's for Parts 4-8 were never really part of the original plan to begin with...
http://fridaythe13thfilms.com/blog/n...t-blu-ray-set/
Too bad. Really, I only want The Final Chapter on Blu. The DVD looks excellent, but of course an HD release would be nice. It would have made more sense for them to stop at four though, don't ya think?
Egg_Shen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 08:45 PM   #30
springjack
Maniac

Quote:
Too bad. Really, I only want The Final Chapter on Blu. The DVD looks excellent, but of course an HD release would be nice. It would have made more sense for them to stop at four though, don't ya think?
You are right, being the 4th the Final Chapter...

Also, Paramount are so full of shit when it come to their horror movies...
Whatever happened to all the extras of part 3? I know they were released on Blu-Ray and on Dvd in Europe but that means I have to double dip fpr a European release if I want all the extras on Dvd??? GOD
________
BONDAGE AMATEUR

Last edited by springjack; 03-20-2011 at 09:45 PM.
springjack is offline   Reply With Quote