Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 07-19-2011, 02:23 AM   #76
SaxCatz
Maniac

I just want The Final Chapter... dammit!
I would be ok with them taking an extended siesta from releasing the franchise on Blu-ray had they AT LEAST left off at a logical point... by releasing just ONE more film & completing the "original" series.
SaxCatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 02:29 AM   #77
dickieduvet
Maniac

Totally agree, Should've released The Final Chapter then took the break...Think they shifted a fair amount of 1-3 on Blu, Dunno what the problem is/was
dickieduvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 02:41 AM   #78
JGrendel
HackMaster

The problem is it's Paramount
JGrendel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 03:23 AM   #79
othervoice1
HackMaster

Can't wait for the rest of the blu's to come out- I did buy part 4 on dvd just because whenever I have a Friday the 13th mini-marathon it has to include parts 1-4 which I consider to be kind of one complete story
othervoice1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 03:40 AM   #80
SaxCatz
Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by othervoice1 View Post
...whenever I have a Friday the 13th mini-marathon it has to include parts 1-4 which I consider to be kind of one complete story
Exactly.
Old 07-19-2011, 09:03 AM   #81
JGrendel
HackMaster

Quote:
Can't wait for the rest of the blu's to come out- I did buy part 4 on dvd just because whenever I have a Friday the 13th mini-marathon it has to include parts 1-4 which I consider to be kind of one complete story
Yeah but technically 5 & 6 are apart of that story as they still use Tommy Jarvis.
JGrendel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 02:23 PM   #82
SaxCatz
Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGrendel View Post
Yeah but technically 5 & 6 are apart of that story as they still use Tommy Jarvis.
Itís highly debatable whether 5 is part of anything...
Though, all kidding aside, itís not as bad as its reputation suggests.
Old 07-19-2011, 03:53 PM   #83
wago70
Robinson Crusoe on Mars

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaxCatz View Post
I just want The Final Chapter... dammit!
I would be ok with them taking an extended siesta from releasing the franchise on Blu-ray had they AT LEAST left off at a logical point... by releasing just ONE more film & completing the "original" series.
This! Deff. With the later films, they just don't have the same feel. I love how Final Chapter picks up where Part 3 left off. When I was going to see these films, we loved that direct continuity from one film to the next (watching the earlier film on Showtime or HBO and then going to the cinema to see the newer film was choice back in the day.)
wago70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 04:19 AM   #84
othervoice1
HackMaster

So has anyone heard even the slightest peep of anymore blu rays coming? Im tempted to finally break down and buy parts 5-7 (like I did for 4 already) on deluxe dvd since no blurays have come out. Is there any hint of a part 2 to the remake coming? If so maybe then they would finally release these blu rays. ugh....
othervoice1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 04:59 AM   #85
dave13
HackMaster

Quote:
So has anyone heard even the slightest peep of anymore blu rays coming? Im tempted to finally break down and buy parts 5-7 (like I did for 4 already) on deluxe dvd since no blurays have come out. Is there any hint of a part 2 to the remake coming? If so maybe then they would finally release these blu rays. ugh....
don't do it! stay strong! it may take a looooong time, but EVENTUALLY they've gotta come out. its not like we all don't have one or more copies of all of these films from the various incarnations throughout the years, so a little waitings not going to kill anyone. i want the supplements, for sure, but dammit, i want the films in HD too! so i'm waiting. when paramount finally decides they want my money, they know where to find me.
dave13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 01:32 PM   #86
DanceEnergy24
Stalker

I'm willing to wait if they'd go back and do vault searches for extra material for 1-3 and present new blus for those along with 4-8. I'm especially interested in the gore footage from 2 and the alternate ending for 3. It's funny how all these years we heard of the alternate ending for 3 and got an alternate ending for 4.
DanceEnergy24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 02:20 PM   #87
Mutilated Prey
Soul Stealer

There's no way I'm buying those deluxe thingys - I'll wait, it'll happen.
Old 04-16-2012, 03:16 PM   #88
crikan
HackMaster

The decision to buy the deluxe editions when they first came out is looking better with each passing year. Money well spent.
crikan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 03:27 PM   #89
bigdaddyhorse
Detroit Hi-on

Quote:
Originally Posted by crikan View Post
The decision to buy the deluxe editions when they first came out is looking better with each passing year. Money well spent.

I didn't plan to have these either, but won 4-6 from a contest on the site. Shortly after I picked up 7 and 8 at Big Lots for $3 each. I thought buying those 2 would surely bring the Blu-rays on, but it hasn't.
In the meantime instead of doing 4-8 in HD, Paramount put out that dvd boxset with a cheap mask. I wouldn't hold my breathe on ever seeing these films on BD, at least not in region a. Paramount just doesn't care enough. I would be among the first to upgrade all of them if I could, esp. after how amazing the BD of part 2 is.

My Fucking DVDS
bigdaddyhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 06:57 PM   #90
rxfiend
Joe Six-Pack

You guys are going to love this:

http://www.fridaythe13thfranchise.co...50798439277553

Friday The 13th Blu-Rays Released Only With New Sequel
jasonsfury | Tuesday, May 15, 2012 |
It is news no one wants to hear or read about, but the fact that fans have not had the opportunity to purchase the Paramount Blu-Ray releases of Friday The 13th: The Final Chapter through Friday the13th Part 8: Jason Takes Manhattan has been a huge sore spot for fans the past three years. This writer contends that the DVD releases of these films are perfectly reasonable to own and are a great addition to the Friday The 13th film library with loads of extra content. The picture and sound quality for the 2009 Deluxe DVD releases are superb compared to earlier DVD releases, so you are urged to track this down and purchase them now. Here is the big reason why.

Paramount Pictures will not be releasing the Blu-Ray discs for the aforementioned remaining Paramount films anytime soon! We are told that it is basically a matter of financial viability. Simply put, it is believed that the studio will not make back enough money to produce Blu-Ray discs of the films. Internet piracy is the main cuprit as many of our readers know someone that enjoys downloading films illegally online. The practice is all but killing the home video market and Paramount is wary of this. So, how can we get these long sought after films on Blu-Ray? Much the same way we got the Deluxe Edition DVD's and Blu-Rays the first time around, a new sequel in theaters.

We were informed that if Warner Brothers decides to greenlight a new sequel, then Paramount would be interested in releasing the other films on Blu-Ray. A brand new film raises awareness and creates an overall public need for the films on home video. One other way to possibly get The Final Chapter onward up to Jason Takes Manhattan released on Blu is for a huge critical and financial success of the new Crystal Lake Memories documentary. Although it seems less likely for the documentary to spearhead Blu-Ray resurgence for the Friday The 13th films, it is a possibility. Of course, this could all change at a drop of a hat, but the simple fact stand of right now, that sadly, Paramount will not be releasing the Blu-Rays for the remaining Paramount Friday The 13th films in this calendar year. Beyond is another possibility.

---------------------

1) Internet piracy, really? Main reason people would download HD rips is because Paramount won't make them available to buy! Put the BDs out and we'll purchase them.

2) Cost. Ok, so companies like Asylum, Mill Creek, Echo Bridge, etc... put out BDs all the time at cheap prices, yet Paramount doesn't think they'll make money, yet all the materials are already there!! All they have to do is press the fucking discs. They don't seem to have a problem re-releasing the dvds constantly.
rxfiend is offline   Reply With Quote