Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 05-15-2012, 07:12 PM   #91
Mikey Horror
HackMaster

I honestly stopped caring at this point. Paramount had their chance. Fuck 'em.
Old 05-15-2012, 07:50 PM   #92
Katatonia
Master of Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxfiend View Post
2) Cost. Ok, so companies like Asylum, Mill Creek, Echo Bridge, etc... put out BDs all the time at cheap prices, yet Paramount doesn't think they'll make money, yet all the materials are already there!! All they have to do is press the fucking discs. They don't seem to have a problem re-releasing the dvds constantly.
Exactly. Paramount are full of it. Not make enough money on them? Give me a break...there are literally thousands of lesser known movies now on Blu-ray that have probably each only sold less than 1% of what the Friday sequels would sell on Blu-ray.

How many times have they re-released the Friday the 13th films on DVD now? No money in the sequels? B-U-L-L-S-H-I-T

Paramount also make no sense with many of their Blu-ray releases already being long out of print.

Katatonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 08:20 PM   #93
fceurich39
HackMaster

also noticed paramount did take the time to release a new hockey mask box set, and then a few months later another box set without the hockey mask, and then a
F13TH 1-4 deluxe edition 4 pack and now a 5-8 deluxe edition 4 pack dvds!
fceurich39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 08:22 PM   #94
CPT HOOK
HackMaster

I imagine they'd sell about as well as Pet Sematary, which is hitting blu-ray this fall from Paramount.

Not that I'm complaining about Pet Sematary. Just sayin'.
CPT HOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 08:24 PM   #95
evildeadfan123
Sam & Dean Winchester

I would like the have the rest on Blu-Ray, but, I purchased the Hockey Mask LE, and at this point, I'm about to give up, on Parts 4-8 coming out on Blu-Ray EVER. Thanks Paramount. I saw the first 3 at the movie theaters, and this is the thanks us fans get on the rest of the series coming out on Blu-Ray.

I know a good hangover remedy, a greasy pork sandwich served in a dirty ashtray.

RIP: John Winchester, all us Supernatural fans will miss you.

http://www.myspace.com/jaredjensenfan

I love Jared's flaring nostrils
evildeadfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 08:39 PM   #96
fceurich39
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPT HOOK View Post
I imagine they'd sell about as well as Pet Sematary, which is hitting blu-ray this fall from Paramount.

honestly i dunno i think F13th 4-8 blu's would sell alot more than Pet Sematary blu! I think a blu-ray boxset of all 8 F13th films be a better idea if paramount doesnt want to release 5 individual sequels on blu-ray
fceurich39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 08:55 PM   #97
DanceEnergy24
Stalker

The only one I'd like is A New Beginning on BD. For The Final Chapter I created a longer fan edit to include the TV scenes so I don't need a BD unless there are more special features. For Jason Lives, The New Blood and Jason Takes Manhattan I created uncut versions using the gore footage on the deluxe editions. Again, I don't need BDs unless there are more features or just to complete the blu-set set.
DanceEnergy24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 09:07 PM   #98
dave13
HackMaster

i had the opportunity to pick up the final chapter deluxe DVD second hand for $3. I decided not to. I'm waiting for blu. If it takes years, so be it. But I refuse to buy these movies again unless its in HD. Until then, I can live with my original box set.
dave13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 09:22 PM   #99
Mutilated Prey
Soul Stealer

^ agreed. Everyone keep their shirts on. The Blu's will come eventually. And if they need a sequel to justify this to happen I'm sure that'll become a reality in one way, shape or form too.
Old 05-15-2012, 09:29 PM   #100
Hellbilly
Water-squirting greatness

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPT HOOK View Post

Paramount are thinking ahead. Pet Sematary Blu will make profit once the remake is released in 2013.
Old 05-16-2012, 12:41 AM   #101
Zombie Dude
HackMaster

Yea, I'm not buying the whole "it wont make enough money" thing. It's a shame we wont see 4-8 on blu any time soon.
Old 05-16-2012, 03:51 AM   #102
Nailwraps
HackMaster

It just seems ridiculous that they won't release the other films until a new film is release. Just release them as Best Buy exclusives and during the Halloween season, it's easier for all of us.
Nailwraps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 08:08 AM   #103
Katatonia
Master of Doom

And Paramount won't license them out, which makes no sense if the sequels don't make any money as they claim. They've licensed plenty of other stuff out to various studios, Shout Factory, Legend, Lionsgate, etc.

I'm sure there are plenty of studios who would love the chance to release the sequels on Blu-ray.

Katatonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 06:31 PM   #104
DVD-fanatic-9
Tough Lover

Anyone know if they're gonna fix that fuckin' HORRIBLE 2006 SCE cover? (Pet Sematary)
DVD-fanatic-9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 07:13 PM   #105
zbinks
!OXOMOXO! ƎYƎ AM THE I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katatonia View Post
And Paramount won't license them out, which makes no sense if the sequels don't make any money as they claim. They've licensed plenty of other stuff out to various studios, Shout Factory, Legend, Lionsgate, etc.

I'm sure there are plenty of studios who would love the chance to release the sequels on Blu-ray.
I'm not sure Paramount feels they won't make any money. Paramount likely thinks it could make considerably more money off the films by waiting to capitalize on the buzz surrounding a new installment in the series or a successful Crystal Lake Memories documentary, than by releasing them now or licensing them off to a 3rd Party for a flat fee or a percentage of the profits.
zbinks is offline   Reply With Quote