Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > The Niche's Corner > High Definition

Old 04-13-2010, 01:36 PM   #1
Matt89
HackMaster

Blue Underground announces 'The Prowler' blu-ray for July 27th!

I could swear Blue Underground had said The Prowler was due for release at the end of this year, but I guess not. Hell, July 27th is fine with me. So here it is:

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=4435

~Matt
Old 04-13-2010, 03:32 PM   #2
Uncle Jay
Stalker

Damn, I just bought the DVD. It was $4.00 at a record store, so I couldn't resist.

Uncle Jay's Laserdiscs
Uncle Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 03:43 PM   #3
dickieduvet
Maniac

Excellent, Much sooner than expected
Just got an E-mail from BU confirming Django will be their 1st region locked title because of distribution licensing
dickieduvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 03:55 PM   #4
Mutilated Prey
Soul Stealer

So awesome!!!!
Old 04-13-2010, 05:22 PM   #5
dickieduvet
Maniac

Don't think there will be a huge improvement as it was shot for the most part with soft focus, But any upgrade is worth it in my book.
dickieduvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 05:28 PM   #6
Body Boy
HackMaster

I'll pass on this. The Prowler has that Prom Night ghosty feel, and is already super grainy, so I think my DVD will suit just fine.
Body Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 01:49 AM   #7
Katatonia
The Dark and the Light

I'll definitely be buying it.

But, what are the odds that Blue Underground won't port over the DVD Stills Galleries? Probably about 99%

Katatonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 07:48 AM   #8
Eddyw78
Stalker

hope they release more of their back catalogue to Blu. Wud love Mountain Of The Cannibal God
Eddyw78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 09:26 AM   #9
Dobby
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickieduvet View Post
Don't think there will be a huge improvement as it was shot for the most part with soft focus, But any upgrade is worth it in my book.
City Of The Living Dead looks just as soft and grainy as Prowler. I can't help but wonder how much improvement the Blu-Ray's can actually do. Unless if they found new prints these may look like shit. Hopefully some reviews start coming out before I double dip.
Dobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 10:04 AM   #10
Stige
HackMaster

very tempted to buy straight away but think I might wait for reviews , the grainy image could either be stunning or a major hindrance
Stige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 02:20 PM   #11
foller
Stalker

On the Blue Underground homepage all they say is "now in HD". Nothing like remastered from original camera negative or other statements they did use in descriptions of their other Blus.
foller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 03:02 PM   #12
Matt89
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by foller View Post
On the Blue Underground homepage all they say is "now in HD". Nothing like remastered from original camera negative or other statements they did use in descriptions of their other Blus.
I'm pretty sure it's been re-transferred, considering the original DVD came out in what, 2003? I doubt it was restored from a negative, but I also doubt they just took an old transfer and upscaled it to HD. Either it's a new transfer from the same elements, or the original transfer was indeed an HD master, just downscaled to 480p for the DVD release. Whatever, we'll see when it comes out. I'm getting it either way as I got rid of my DVD a couple months ago in anticipation for a blu-ray release. Even if the transfer isn't HD reference-quality (which I doubt it will be), it'll still look better than the DVD.

~Matt
Old 04-14-2010, 03:03 PM   #13
Matt89
HackMaster

Oh and haha, there's two quotes from Horror Digital on the description page of The Prowler: http://blue-underground.com/product.php?product=188 Maybe one of those quotes will back it onto a back cover again.

~Matt
Old 04-14-2010, 07:41 PM   #14
crikan
HackMaster

I'm excited for this one, but will I'll wait for the reviews before I decide whether to buy the DVD or Blu.
crikan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 04:52 PM   #15
rhett

I haven't had a quote on a Blue Underground disc since The Bloodstained Shadow. Would be awesome to see one of my quotes on the art for a film I value so highly...even if the quote is seven some years old!