Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > Euro Horror

Old 05-18-2012, 12:40 PM   #76
Ash28M
HackMaster

Maybe all these comments lowered my expectations on the trailer but I was expecting worse.
Ash28M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 02:34 PM   #77
Conal Cochran
Stalker

I wish I could say I love it, but dear god! Terrible CGI, Hopkin lookalike, tap dancing priest (look again, he tap dance all right ).
Old 05-26-2012, 12:26 AM   #78
spawningblue
Deadite

Wow this looks extremely bad! I am done looking forward to Argento films and running out and buying them on DVD/ Blu Ray. I'll wait until this hits the $3 bin before I give it a watch. Unless it ends up being a so bad its good film then I may pick it up when it $5.

My Movie Collection

The Horror and More! Podcast
spawningblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 12:48 AM   #79
Suicide
Space Bastard!

This is coming to Blu-ray in Italy at the end of the month. I've noticed a couple of rips have turned up online, anyone daring enough to check it out?

Sites I have no affiliation with, but highly recommend:
Hysteria Lives! . Bleeding Skull .
Suicide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 08:40 AM   #80
Steel76
Maniac

I saw this movie earlier today, and it was even worse than expected.

The acting was so horrible it was painful to sit through. If you have played one of those early 90:s interactive videogames, then you know what to expect from the acting.

The CGI in this movie was beyond terrible. The werewolf transformation looked like something from a PS2 FMV sequence. But the worst was the part when Dracula was pushing away one of his Vampirebrides across the floor, and instead of using a stuntwoman, it was done with a horrible CGI animation. It has to be seen to be belived. And how about that trainstation green screen effect?

This is a new low for Argento.

I felt bad for Hauer, as it felt like he didn´t want to be there.

Please Argento, stop making movies. You lost your talent 25 years ago, and it´s sure not getting any better...

This makes SyFy/Asylum and Uwe Boll movies look like high art...

It really sad, as I love Argento´s work up to "Opera". I wonder if Argento is still alive, or if some evil alien took over his body, tormenting us by making all this crap
Old 03-17-2013, 01:39 PM   #81
deepred
Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel76 View Post
I saw this movie earlier today, and it was even worse than expected.

The acting was so horrible it was painful to sit through. If you have played one of those early 90:s interactive videogames, then you know what to expect from the acting.

The CGI in this movie was beyond terrible. The werewolf transformation looked like something from a PS2 FMV sequence. But the worst was the part when Dracula was pushing away one of his Vampirebrides across the floor, and instead of using a stuntwoman, it was done with a horrible CGI animation. It has to be seen to be belived. And how about that trainstation green screen effect?

I felt bad for Hauer, as it felt like he didn´t want to be there.

Please Argento, stop making movies. You lost your talent 25 years ago, and it´s sure not getting any better...

This makes SyFy/Asylum and Uwe Boll movies look like high art...

It really sad, as I love Argento´s work up to "Opera". I wonder if Argento is still alive, or if some evil alien took over his body, tormenting us by making all this crap
Once he broke up with Daria Nicolodi, his movies started to lose their shine. She was the one to really inspire him during his golden period. She was the one to suggest Dario collaborate with Goblin, suggested going into the fantasy realm and even was called in to co-write Inferno during filming when Argento started to struggle without her help. I feel she doesn't get enough credit for what she brought to his career.
deepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 03:33 PM   #82
shape22
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel76 View Post
I also have a lot of respect and affection for Argento. I imagine watching this movie will be kind of like finding out your high school girlfriend is now working the streets. Very depressing.
shape22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 08:51 PM   #83
Suicide
Space Bastard!

I decided to check it out today. I did a review for it here. Although after reading Steel's post above, my review can be summed up by me saying "Yeah, what that guy said." as we both seemed to point out the same flaws, only I did it with way too many words. I didn't find it to be the worst thing in the world, but yeah, it's pretty brutal.

Old 03-18-2013, 03:25 PM   #84
hots4
Stalker

i have managed to watch 50 mins so far and it's fucking awful, everything is wrong with this, the acting, script, the music, god the music, dario if this is the best you can come up with, please please give up, it's really not worth it.
hots4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 08:11 PM   #85
Shannafey
Don't Monkey With Me!

Is it worse than his Phantom of the Opera?
Shannafey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 08:30 PM   #86
hots4
Stalker

definately, words can't describe how bad, i'm just gonna finish the film now, i don't expect it will get any better but i want to at least get to the end.
hots4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 08:55 PM   #87
Chomp
Rudest Motherfucker on HD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicide View Post
I decided to check it out today. I did a review for it here. Although after reading Steel's post above, my review can be summed up by me saying "Yeah, what that guy said." as we both seemed to point out the same flaws, only I did it with way too many words. I didn't find it to be the worst thing in the world, but yeah, it's pretty brutal.
Ha…I read the review. I am not denying that the film is as terrible as you guys have mentioned, but those screenshots that accompany your review look kind of cool…stylistically anyway. Could this movie be enjoyable if say perhaps one has low expectation going into it?...maybe have a couple of emergency brews on hand?

I’m all for a bunch of nude European chicks too.

Last edited by Chomp; 03-18-2013 at 09:00 PM.
Chomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 09:01 PM   #88
Ash28M
HackMaster

Well my expectations are so low now that I'll have to enjoy it because at this point i'm expecting "The Room" or "Troll 2".
Ash28M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 09:12 PM   #89
Demoni
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash28M View Post
Well my expectations are so low now that I'll have to enjoy it because at this point i'm expecting "The Room" or "Troll 2".
At least "Troll 2" was fun...
Demoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 09:59 PM   #90
Suicide
Space Bastard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chomp View Post
Ha…I read the review. I am not denying that the film is as terrible as you guys have mentioned, but those screenshots that accompany your review look kind of cool…stylistically anyway. Could this movie be enjoyable if say perhaps one has low expectation going into it?...maybe have a couple of emergency brews on hand?

I’m all for a bunch of nude European chicks too.
Well I personally really enjoy terrible movies and I did find myself laughing a lot. It's a nearly 2 hour long movie but for some reason I never found myself too bored during, so I guess it's decently paced. So I don't know, if you enjoy watching a bad movie while you and your friends yell funny shit at the screen I think this is a great movie to watch for that purpose.