Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 10-02-2014, 12:07 AM   #1
fattyjoe37
HackMaster

The Device - New Alien Abduction Flick

Just wanted to let you guys know about my new film as a writer, producer, and assistant director. It is an alien abduction horror film entitled The Device. It just had its world premiere at the Local Sightings Film Festival in Seattle, WA and will play next on October 4th at the Oshkosh Horror Film Festival in Oshkosh, WI and then at the Tacoma Film Festival in Tacoma, WA on October 14th. Image Entertainment will be releasing it to DVD & VOD on December 16th. The disc can be pre-ordered from Amazon here.

Here's a synopsis:
Abby and Rebecca Powell havenít seen each other since a traumatic event in their youth ripped them apart. Reunited for the first time in over a decade, the sisters take a trip to spread their motherís ashes at a secluded lake. As the sisters reconnect and try to heal old wounds, something waits in the nearby woods. A strange object, made not by the hands of man, beckons them to it. As they begin to try and unlock its secrets, Abby is plagued by nightmares of an alien presence that seem all too real. Little do the sisters realize that this object is actually a device, one with a purpose too horrible to comprehend. As the events of the past and the present begin to merge, new discoveries will threaten to tear apart their newly reformed family, and the inhuman creators of the device will attempt to finish a terrible experiment begun years before.

You can keep up to date on reviews and screenings by following the film on Facebook and Twitter. I look forward to hearing your thoughts.
fattyjoe37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 12:19 AM   #2
fattyjoe37
HackMaster

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3593120/externalreviews

Early reviews for The Device have been coming in over the last couple of weeks. The response has been very positive, with Diabolique Magazine giving it 4 1/2 out of 5 stars and Icons of Fright saying it is "a perfect combination of dread and drama."
Old 10-02-2014, 12:43 AM   #3
Workshed
October!

dude, congrats!

(you gotta let us fellow WA residents know of these screenings before they happen!)
Well as the video explains, I do not think it is a great film, nor do I think.
Workshed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 02:50 PM   #4
Mok
Family is Forever

Nice man I will check this out!
Mok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 06:41 PM   #5
fattyjoe37
HackMaster

The Device won the audience award at the Local Sightings Film Festival in Seattle following its world premiere.

The film will play again in the Northwest this Tuesday night as part of the Tacoma Film Festival. Tickets and more information can be found here.
Old 10-12-2014, 11:18 PM   #6
Copyboy
Maniac

Congratulations! Can't wait to see this after your very entertaining Sader Ridge! Hopefully the studio doesn't change the title to The Beckoning and feature artwork of actors and locations not used in the film! Knock 'em dead, Fattyjoe!
Copyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 03:16 AM   #7
fattyjoe37
HackMaster

http://iconsoffright.com/2014/10/21/...entary-guests/

The link above is the first announcement of the bonus features that will be found on The Device's upcoming DVD. The disc will feature 3 audio commentaries: One with the crew (including myself), one with the cast, and one with Tracy Torme, screenwriter of the classic alien abduction films Fire in the Sky and Intruders. I am especially excited about the commentary with Tracy Torme. I got to interview Mr. Torme about his knowledge of the alien abduction phenomena as well as behind-the-scenes stories from his sci-fi/horror classics (neither of which have been given any supplements on DVD!) and record it for all the fans of those films. We didn't have time to include a documentary on this one (we ran out of time making this movie from script to completion in 8 months, a time during which we also prepped and shot Valley of the Sasquatch), but we did try to provide a nice set of supplements. The Device DVD comes out on December 16th.

Last edited by fattyjoe37; 10-22-2014 at 03:18 AM.