Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 11-05-2014, 01:18 AM   #1
Ash28M
HackMaster

Honeymoon (2014)

Caught up to Honeymoon today after seeing a review on YouTube and ended up loving it. It's about a newlywed couple who spends their honeymoon at a lake side a cabin in Canada. Everything's great until one night the husband finds his wife naked alone in the woods. After that she starts acting strangely and it just gets better from there. Some good acting nice tension and deliberately paced. It hit the spot as far as what I look for a horror flick.
Ash28M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 01:58 AM   #2
Franco
Weekender

Downloading to give it a try! Thanks!!
Old 11-05-2014, 04:41 AM   #3
othervoice1
HackMaster

Oh it has the girl from Game of Thrones in it - now I am even more interested <:
othervoice1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 01:25 PM   #4
Zombie Dude
HackMaster

Just finished this. I thought it was really good. It had me intrigued the whole time and flew by very quickly. It ends a little ambiguously and left me wanting a little bit more but that's just my preference more than anything. I'm honestly quite surprised at how hooked it got me. I just wanted to know more and more about what was going on and I'm still not 100% sure about what exactly was happening. Definitely worth a watch.
Old 01-13-2015, 08:29 PM   #5
CPT HOOK
HackMaster

This one just wasn't for me.

To be fair, the acting was excellent from the two leads and the movie is very well-made from a technical standpoint.

But there's little to no plot to speak of. The entire movie is just one big anticlimatic metaphor. And in regards to said metaphor, it isn't very subtle about it. The movie pretty much beats you over the head with it. Not my cup of tea.

That said, I still might recommend it, but ONLY to those who dig movies like Possession (1981). This was basically Possession in a cabin in the woods.
Old 01-14-2015, 12:32 AM   #6
Zombie Dude
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPT HOOK View Post
This one just wasn't for me.

To be fair, the acting was excellent from the two leads and the movie is very well-made from a technical standpoint.

But there's little to no plot to speak of. The entire movie is just one big anticlimatic metaphor. And in regards to said metaphor, it isn't very subtle about it. The movie pretty much beats you over the head with it. Not my cup of tea.

That said, I still might recommend it, but ONLY to those who dig movies like Possession (1981). This was basically Possession in a cabin in the woods.
I disliked possession a LOT and found this one to be a great slow burn film that kept me interested all the way through so I wouldn't go by your recommendation in that regard.
Old 03-30-2015, 12:41 AM   #7
Workshed
Meeting Adjourned.

"Weird stuff keeps happening to my wife when I leave her alone. Oh well, time to leave my wife alone again!"

Agreed that the acting was solid, but this movie lacked pretty much everything else.
Well as the video explains, I do not think it is a great film, nor do I think.
Workshed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 10:34 AM   #8
russweiss
HackMaster

I like the poster and since this is streaming on Netflix may give it a view. The average review is pretty bad though.
russweiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 03:58 PM   #9
Myron Breck
BOO!!! Gotcha!

I'm surprised at folks saying that they thought the acting was good as that is what made it such a difficult watch for me; it felt so strained and over-the-top. Perhaps because they were Brits trying to speak with an American accent? Literally, after five minutes I wanted them both to die. I didn't even finish because I was afraid one of them might live at the end and I'd be really irritated.

"In this Age of Grand Illusion, you walked into my life out of my dreams..."
Myron Breck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 05:47 PM   #10
Workshed
Meeting Adjourned.

Well as the video explains, I do not think it is a great film, nor do I think.
Workshed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:39 AM   #11
ImmortalSlasher
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPT HOOK View Post
I haven't seen Possession yet but heard that it was good. We are talking the 1981 movie with some Lovecraft stuff if I remember correctly?

I read a bit about Honeymoon and the spoilers as the trailer didn't hook me. I decided to pass.
ImmortalSlasher is offline   Reply With Quote