Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 10-20-2011, 05:53 PM   #166
maybrick
HackMaster

Presumably their eyes wouldn't work too well at a distance. If zombies existed, their senses would probably be so diminished that they would need to use more than just one sense in order to notice another human. Simple movement most likely wouldn't be enough otherwise they'd be attacking themselves constantly, but movement combined with breathing, talking, screaming and/or what they smell like would do it.

Excuse me, I just realized that I misunderstood the question. Wasn't he the one to first see them?
maybrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 06:24 PM   #167
Workshed
October!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maybrick View Post

Excuse me, I just realized that I misunderstood the question. Wasn't he the one to first see them?
Yes. The old-timer had binoculars and then was all of a sudden surprised to see zombies upon them. it required a bit of suspension of disbelief, but I think it's safe to say that it was done for storytelling purposes.

If you have binoculars and you presumably clean them, there should have been enough time to alert everyone--but then there wouldn't have been that great hiding sequence or the woman trapped in the RV. It's clear the survivors need to work on their plans for survival.
Well as the video explains, I do not think it is a great film, nor do I think.
Workshed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 09:33 PM   #168
KGBRadioMoskow
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Workshed View Post
It's clear the survivors need to work on their plans for survival.
The entire episode was an exercise in people doing stupid things that by all reasonable expectation they would have long since learned not to do, or else they'd already be dead.

Not being unarmed, not making unnecessary noise, not keeping watch, not remaining on alert (or simply being aware of one's surroundings), not constantly re-assessing escape routes/hiding spots, not taking directions in a time of immediate crises. Military precision would be too much to ask, but this group is damn near at the level of trying to herd cats.

I spent too much time thinking to myself "ah, hell, just kill the fucking idiot already, let Darwin claim what is his". People repeatedly doing dumb things and then trying to twist their way out of the consequences - that isn't a drama, that's a sit-com.
KGBRadioMoskow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 12:42 AM   #169
Ash28M
HackMaster

This weeks episode was pretty lifeless. I'm starting to wonder if I like any of these characters. Disappointing because last weeks episode was excellent.
Ash28M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 03:25 AM   #170
Chomp
Rudest Motherfucker on HD

This last episode was a snoozer...The only character I roughly enjoy is that of Daryl played entertainingly by Norman Reedus...but even his character is going annoyingly soft.

And if it wasn't for that old guy's Winnebago, I'd leave him and and the blonde chick he wants to bang for dead. I cringe every time one of these morons gets screen time.
Chomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 04:23 AM   #171
Workshed
October!

Actually, i thought this episode was a vast improvement over the premiere. Loved the farmhouse setting and possibilities, the fact that the group was so splintered, and the zombie race at the end. Plus, just where is the missing girl?

But yes, this cast needs slimming.
Well as the video explains, I do not think it is a great film, nor do I think.
Workshed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 05:04 AM   #172
mcchrist
A new breed of pervert!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash28M View Post
This weeks episode was pretty lifeless. I'm starting to wonder if I like any of these characters. Disappointing because last weeks episode was excellent.
Interesting, that's been my complaint about the entire series already. I'm with Workshed, though, the last episode showed promise. I don't know what the comic series is like (I find zombie shit boring anymore), but this series will never work for me unless they get to a point where they have entire episodes without a single zombie seen or the characters stop using that contrived "Walker" crap.

In any case, this series officially reminds me of the time on Days of our Lives when Marlena was possessed. Ha!
mcchrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 05:06 AM   #173
mcchrist
A new breed of pervert!

Hell, this is still on TV and they cancelled 'V'.
mcchrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 06:35 AM   #174
KGBRadioMoskow
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcchrist View Post
I don't know what the comic series is like
The farmhouse diversion is an important plot point in the comic, and somewhat puts the post CDC storyline (never part of the comics) back on comic continuity track (for better or worse). Somewhat, in that there are still some significant deviations so far.
KGBRadioMoskow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 08:10 AM   #175
Mr. Eddy
Stalker

I don't know, this show isn't really grabbing me as I hoped it would. For a season premiere nothing fucking happened! Just the same boring shit and characters that I'm caring less and less about. Haven't watched the second episode yet, but I'm pretty sure I know what to expect. They better bring Michael Rooker back this season or at least show what the hell happened to him. So far American Horror Story is winning in my book, and sadly The Walking Dead is a fucking borefest compared to it.
Mr. Eddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 12:58 PM   #176
Ash28M
HackMaster

Anyone else annoyed by how everyone talks in an over dramatic half whisper on this show. it's starting to remind me of Grey's Anatomy.
Ash28M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 03:53 AM   #177
Mikey Horror
HackMaster

Ok, that's it, I can't do it anymore. I've been patient and I've tried, but I'm done. I'm going to spend my time watching any other show because I've heard there's other shows on TV where SHIT ACTUALLY HAPPENS!!! I've had it with this boring soap opera one zombie every third episode bullshit. A show about a zombie apocalypse with three fucking zombies a season?! No thanks, I'm done. Fuck this show.

Last edited by Mikey Horror; 02-13-2012 at 03:58 AM.
Mikey Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 04:20 AM   #178
Chomp
Rudest Motherfucker on HD

Yea...this episode was pretty bad...very non eventful. Terrible way to kick start the second half of the season after the long break.

I did however find myself oddly enjoying Kevin Smith's show.
Chomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 04:21 AM   #179
elDomenechHDG
HackMaster

Wait a minute, did I miss this? I thought the show was moved to Mondays?
elDomenechHDG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 04:30 AM   #180
YottNik
Pay the price!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elDomenechHDG View Post
Wait a minute, did I miss this? I thought the show was moved to Mondays?
Nope, still Sundays. They're showing it again later tonight/early tomorrow and probably all throughout the week as well.

I'm still enjoying it quite a bit.

"Those who know what's best for us
Must rise and save us from ourselves." -- Peart

"They call me Slick."
YottNik is offline   Reply With Quote