Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 03-19-2012, 09:47 PM   #241
KGBRadioMoskow
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by allmessedup View Post
From what I've heard about Michonne, I'm not really crazy about her being added to the show. It just seems like more of a "superhero" type character and doesn't seem to fit with the tone of the show up to this point.
More a cliched Afro-American Ninja / psycho-bitch cross. I considered her introduction to the comic, and for the most part her "crazy person in the corner" brand disruptiveness, to be low points in the story.

I never did seem to figure out which direction Kirkman had intended for the character. Enigmatic hero, ursurper in waiting, ape shit homocide ticking time bomb, who knows. It all just seemed to shift over time until it ended up being what it was - by then I didn't much give a shit what happened to her, no matter how important her involvement became for the story progression. Like much of the character writing, I see this introduction as an opportunity to clean things up a bit in the TV incarnation.
KGBRadioMoskow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 10:13 PM   #242
CPT HOOK
HackMaster

I don't get the ending. I couldn't even tell what we are looking at. People on the net are saying something about a prison, but is that supposed to mean something? I don't recall any references to any prison or anything like that, so it didn't make any sense to me.

Also, didn't care for the ninja bit. Lame.

I really loved the first half of the finale, it is possibly the series' finest moment so far. But it really fell into the crapper towards the end.
CPT HOOK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 06:14 AM   #243
Mr. Eddy
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Diamond View Post
I had the same reaction to her introduction in the comic book. I love the comic book series, and Michonne ends up becoming a likeable character, but her introduction sticks out like a sore thumb, even in the comic book. It definitely clashes with the tone of the comic book/television show. Fear not, however, because she is a good character once you get beyond the costume.
Nica avatar!
Mr. Eddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 09:40 AM   #244
Copyboy
Maniac

From what I'm reading here I assume Michonne is that wacky Deus ex Machina thing with the sword? Were its two sidekicks chained to it or strapped to it somehow? I didn't get that at all. It just seemed totally random and out of place. I wasn't sure if it was there to save Andrea or kill her.

Best line of the night goes to Scott Wilson's Hershel when he said, "Christ promised a resurrection of the dead. I just thought he had something a little different in mind."
Copyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 01:32 AM   #245
Mitbox
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPT HOOK View Post
I don't get the ending. I couldn't even tell what we are looking at. People on the net are saying something about a prison, but is that supposed to mean something? I don't recall any references to any prison or anything like that, so it didn't make any sense to me.
I haven't read the comics, but according to people that have, the prison is supposed to play a big role in the upcoming plot based on the comics.
Mitbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 02:15 AM   #246
Shannafey
Don't Monkey With Me!

I love the character of Michonne, although I can't deny some of the things you guys say about her. The last scene is a prison and there were some interesting plot points there, but I hope they don't make it as boring as the farm. The series has really faltered for me. I hate Rick and his family on the series. Quite the opposite from what I felt for them in the comic!
Shannafey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 05:52 PM   #247
Workshed
Satan is Our Pal

Well as the video explains, I do not think it is a great film, nor do I think.
Workshed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 06:53 PM   #248
Chomp
Rudest Motherfucker on HD

Haha!
Chomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 07:54 PM   #249
baggio
HackMaster

Anybody getting this Limited Edition set of the second season?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...SIN=B007MS5B6Q

I assume it's from this scene:

.................................................. ...........................

Last edited by baggio; 04-02-2012 at 08:02 PM.
baggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 08:42 PM   #250
Chomp
Rudest Motherfucker on HD

Meh...no thanks. I'll just get the regular version.
Chomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 10:45 PM   #251
Workshed
Satan is Our Pal

that's rad. I no longer have the space for that sorta thing, but I appreciate the work.
Well as the video explains, I do not think it is a great film, nor do I think.
Workshed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 11:49 PM   #252
Darga
Narcissistic Personality

Yup, that's cool, but not something I'd actually want or need in my collection.
Darga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 12:46 AM   #253
allmessedup
It's beer time.

Me either, but it sure would be funny to see a shelf filled with those at Target or something....
Old 04-03-2012, 06:45 AM   #254
Criswell
HackMaster

Well after 2 seasons i am happy with it but............

Lord they are dumb these humans. Surely the first thing you would do is arm up! But no these insipid dopes seem intent on being PC and not even arming the kid who seemingly wanders around the Zombie Wastland happy as Larry unarmed!!!

Secondly....... you catch the zombie virus through a bite etc......... would not ankle to wrist heavy military/ hunting or similar type clothing be the order of the day???? I would think so.

And the Farm??? why was that farm good but the one across the road no good???? lol Also why weren't the cars always gased and properly lined up for escape and a set meeting place set in case of attack and forced evac?

It's these things that grate me. They know they are zombies, so one would assume they also know the basic rules.

Last edited by Criswell; 04-03-2012 at 06:49 AM.
Criswell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 12:30 PM   #255
maybrick
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Criswell View Post
Well after 2 seasons i am happy with it but............

Lord they are dumb these humans. Surely the first thing you would do is arm up! But no these insipid dopes seem intent on being PC and not even arming the kid who seemingly wanders around the Zombie Wastland happy as Larry unarmed!!!

Secondly....... you catch the zombie virus through a bite etc......... would not ankle to wrist heavy military/ hunting or similar type clothing be the order of the day???? I would think so.

And the Farm??? why was that farm good but the one across the road no good???? lol Also why weren't the cars always gased and properly lined up for escape and a set meeting place set in case of attack and forced evac?

It's these things that grate me. They know they are zombies, so one would assume they also know the basic rules.
If you watched the last two episodes of the season you should realize that
Spoiler:
1) Carl was given a gun and 2) You don't catch the zombie virus through a bite. I guess I get your overall point but it isn't as if military grade armor is just left lying around in easy places for civilians to find. Any military output is sure to be infested.
maybrick is offline   Reply With Quote