Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 04-01-2013, 05:45 PM   #301
Paff

I was ok with it, though certainly not blown away. That's the thing about a television series. You gotta have something to continue on. If there had been an epic war, major casualties, where would you start next season? And would all the actors be fired, and have to recast? Again, that's something you can do in a movie, or even in the comic book (and the prison story in the comic book does end with a lot of key character deaths
), but not so much in a weekly series.

I'm sort of reminded of the show Heroes, and the incredible first season. It was all leading up to this major battle that all the internet forums were going crazy for, and it ended up pretty anti-climactic. Because if you did have the major battle, you'd have nowhere to go next season. Of course, looking back with 20/20 hindsight on Heroes, they should have had that major battle and just ended the damn show after one season.

Here's hoping that season 4 of The Walking Dead will have some good new plotlines. And I've said it a dozen times before, it's still the best zombie-themed show on television right now...

* - The extra B is for BYOBB

Paff's Laserdiscs
Paff is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 06:51 PM   #302
Chomp
Rudest Motherfucker on HD

Yeah, it definitely was lackluster, especially considering Season 2's season finale, but I was OK with it too. In fact I thought it was a pretty good episode. Andrea's dead, the Governor is still alive, and Carl is turning into one cynical asshole.

Season 4 should start off pretty solid.

Side note...Holy shit Chris Hardwick is 41 years old. Dude looks like he's 23. I guess it makes sense though considering he was on Singled Out in the 90's.
Chomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 07:05 PM   #303
Paff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chomp View Post
Side note...Holy shit Chris Hardwick is 41 years old. Dude looks like he's 23. I guess it makes sense though considering he was on Singled Out in the 90's.
I just caught The Talking Dead for the first time last night. Normally I'm busy doing stuff on Sunday afternoon, so I catch up with the Walking Dead episode later that night or the next day. Last night I wanted to watch live though, so I kept it on for the Talking Dead.

Good god that shit is stupid! All the people asking about character motivations, like they're real people and not actors. I was waiting for Norman Reedus to jump up and shout "Don't ask me about Daryl, ask the fucking writers! I just do what's in the damn script!"

I've seen better questions asked of actors at Comic-Con, and that's saying something...

Paff's Laserdiscs
Old 04-01-2013, 07:24 PM   #304
Mutilated Prey
Soul Stealer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paff View Post
I just caught The Talking Dead for the first time last night. Normally I'm busy doing stuff on Sunday afternoon, so I catch up with the Walking Dead episode later that night or the next day. Last night I wanted to watch live though, so I kept it on for the Talking Dead.

Good god that shit is stupid! All the people asking about character motivations, like they're real people and not actors. I was waiting for Norman Reedus to jump up and shout "Don't ask me about Daryl, ask the fucking writers! I just do what's in the damn script!"

I've seen better questions asked of actors at Comic-Con, and that's saying something...
Yeah, it's kinda like when Late Night at the Apollo would come on after Saturday Night Live.........CLICK!
Old 04-01-2013, 07:31 PM   #305
Workshed
Satan is Our Pal

Spoiler:
I'm already bored by the Governor, not looking forward to another season with him as the Big Bad, as it's been announced that he will return as a full-time cast member.

As Paff said, it is a television series and has to operate like one, but it doesn't make the lack of resolution any less disappointing. Compared to last season's finale, this episode was hardly more than a stall, albeit with a nice progression for Rick.
Well as the video explains, I do not think it is a great film, nor do I think.
Workshed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 07:46 PM   #306
Chomp

Yeah Talking Dead is terrible. It's usually interesting when Kirkman or Nicotero are on, but other than that its completely useless. Although, I do get a kick out of Hardwick sometimes.

I still don't even know why I watch it, I vowed never to submit myself to the show again when I forced myself to sit through Sarah Silverman and that douche from Good Charlotte try to pretend they had an ounce of relevance for being on the show. It was downright painful.
Old 04-01-2013, 08:23 PM   #307
Mok
Helena Harper

Season 3 has been great. I didn't mind where things left off last night. I think the real finale started last week, and this was like an epilogue.

Spoiler:
I understand why they would want to keep The Governor around, but it will be tricky making it work. He's a little played out. I almost think it would be cool to kill him off screen at this point and have one of the two henchmen stick around instead. Like they have to tell the story of how they decided to end his reign of terror.

And I was right on board with Carl's decision to kill that kid. We've gone over this scenario last season. In a zombie apocalypse, you don't take prisoners. I did like the perspective they added at the end having Rick and co. bringing back the rest of Woodberry. But those aren't so much prisoners as they are refugees.
Mok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 08:47 PM   #308
Chomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mok View Post
Season 3 has been great. I didn't mind where things left off last night. I think the real finale started last week, and this was like an epilogue.

Spoiler:

And I was right on board with Carl's decision to kill that kid. We've gone over this scenario last season. In a zombie apocalypse, you don't take prisoners. I did like the perspective they added at the end having Rick and co. bringing back the rest of Woodberry. But those aren't so much prisoners as they are refugees.
Plus that kid was handing that gun over pretty sketchily,...he was moving rather slow and I am pretty sure the muzzle was still pointed in Carl's direction. Carl made the right decision.
Old 04-01-2013, 09:40 PM   #309
baggio
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutilated Prey View Post
Yeah, it's kinda like when Late Night at the Apollo would come on after Saturday Night Live.........CLICK!
What? You didn't enjoy the sandman?
baggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 10:27 PM   #310
Dave
Pimp

I was okay with it and I'm enjoying the differences over the comic. More importantly this means we are a day closer to Breaking Bad final 8.
Old 04-01-2013, 10:51 PM   #311
Paff

Since I don't want this entire post to just be a big blue box, I'll just say it contains spoilers from the season finale, and you can read or not read depending on how much you've seen.
That said, I actually really like the Governor surviving, along with some of his henchmen. What does he do now? Does he try to be a leader of a group of survivors again, keep going it solo, or join a new group as low man on the totem pole. This could even be paralleled if they adapt The Rise of the Governor novel. Compare his ascention in Woodbury to his life now.

I'd actually prefer that to trying to find another new villain for Rick's people to go up against all the time. I've only read the comics up until the Governor's raid on the prison, so I don't know where the comic storyline takes it from there.

Paff's Laserdiscs
Old 04-02-2013, 03:51 AM   #312
Shannafey
Don't Monkey With Me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chomp View Post
Plus that kid was handing that gun over pretty sketchily,...he was moving rather slow and I am pretty sure the muzzle was still pointed in Carl's direction. Carl made the right decision.
Totally agree!
Shannafey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 05:23 AM   #313
j tea
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
I was okay with it and I'm enjoying the differences over the comic. More importantly this means we are a day closer to Breaking Bad final 8.
You said what needed to be said... amen.
j tea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 02:00 PM   #314
17thJuggalo
HackMaster

I had to check to see if that was the season finale because after watching it I couldn't tell. This season was good, but I have to admit there was a whole lot of filler throughout.
17thJuggalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 04:15 PM   #315
cjg
Maniac

Come on they killed off the best and only hot looking character on the show but let the Hat live on.
cjg is offline   Reply With Quote