Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 12-09-2013, 04:55 AM   #436
Mutilated Prey
Soul Stealer

Just watched the mid-season finale too, and completely agree at how awesome it was. That episode saved the season IMO. Up until then I thought it was mediocre at best.

One question I have
Spoiler:
do we think the baby made it on the bus? For some reason to me it didn't seem the crib carrier was the baby's blood.
Old 12-09-2013, 05:33 AM   #437
DVD-fanatic-9
Remaking My Soul

It's pretty amusing how people really are sick of zombies... yet they make an exception for this series.

From where I sit, it's basically This Series that keeps pushing zombies in our faces. Where else are we getting this overload?
DVD-fanatic-9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 04:52 PM   #438
bigdaddyhorse
Detroit Hi-on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutilated Prey View Post
Just watched the mid-season finale too, and completely agree at how awesome it was. That episode saved the season IMO. Up until then I thought it was mediocre at best.

One question I have
Spoiler:
do we think the baby made it on the bus? For some reason to me it didn't seem the crib carrier was the baby's blood.

Absolutely yes to your question. It was just a mis-direction showing us what they did. Sometimes I hate knowing as much as I do, it might've be fun to wonder about it.

My Fucking DVDS
bigdaddyhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 06:49 PM   #439
Paff

Anyone still watching? Man, they got really dark this past episode

* - The extra B is for BYOBB

Paff's Laserdiscs
Paff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 07:36 PM   #440
Hatchetwarrior
HackMaster

I had hopes it would pick up more, but this season has been painfully slow to sit through (and I liked season 2 a lot). I have to agree with Paff on the most recent episode, I was surprised with how dark and disturbing it was and the writers have pulled me back in once again. Having read the first 100 or so issues of the comic I'm still kind of hoping that they start kicking things into full gear because there are a lot of interesting places they could go with the story.
Old 03-18-2014, 08:12 PM   #441
17thJuggalo
HackMaster

I gave up on this series in the middle of the "Coughing Dead" saga. Season 1 was pretty good. Season 2 was absolutely horrendous. I stuck with it throughout season 3 and even that was hit or miss. By the time the "Coughing Dead" started I threw in the towel.

3+ seasons of whispering dialogue, gigantic plot holes, bizarre decisions by the characters, huge gaps of anything worthwhile happening, and dealing with Carl's terrible acting I couldn't take anymore.
17thJuggalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 08:35 PM   #442
Paff

Some episodes are indeed filler, but the same can be said for almost any show in any genre. But they really pushed some envelopes this week. If ya missed it, and want a summary,
Spoiler:
Lizzie the psycho kid really goes off the deep end. She's still feeding zombies, and in one scene allows one to chase her like she's playing Tag. She then kills her little sister in order for her to turn. Carol realizes what must be done, takes Lizzie out for a walk, and shoots her in the back of her head

The comic had a lot of scenes and storylines they could not/would not do in the television series, like the Governor chopping off Rick's arm. This past episode was very daring, something that seems to echo the nastier tone of the comic. I'll still watch it as long as it's on. As I've said many times, it's the best zombie show on television (unless you consider the French series The Returned to be a "zombie" show)

* - The extra B is for BYOBB

Paff's Laserdiscs
Paff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 08:42 PM   #443
CPT HOOK
HackMaster

I haven't seen Sunday's episode yet, but for the past season or so I've been DVRing it and watching it on 3x speed. If I see them start talking (which is rare), I just press play and it goes back to normal. Cuts the episodes down to about 20 minutes, which is pretty much perfect since there isn't a lot going on in them.

I figure I've made it this far, might as well see it through. I'm surprised at how well it has been working out for me, because normally I would NEVER recommend watching a show in this way. I'm mostly just interested in Glenn, Maggie, and Daryl at this point, so I don't feel like I'm missing anything except lengthy sequences of brooding.
CPT HOOK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 09:10 PM   #444
Mok
Family is Forever

Loved that first shot of the episode through the kitchen window. It ended up being a great episode but some of the dialogue really needs to be edited. Not every fucking sentence is profound.
Mok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 11:22 PM   #445
maybrick
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paff View Post
Some episodes are indeed filler, but the same can be said for almost any show in any genre. But they really pushed some envelopes this week. If ya missed it, and want a summary,
Spoiler:
Lizzie the psycho kid really goes off the deep end. She's still feeding zombies, and in one scene allows one to chase her like she's playing Tag. She then kills her little sister in order for her to turn. Carol realizes what must be done, takes Lizzie out for a walk, and shoots her in the back of her head

The comic had a lot of scenes and storylines they could not/would not do in the television series, like the Governor chopping off Rick's arm. This past episode was very daring, something that seems to echo the nastier tone of the comic. I'll still watch it as long as it's on. As I've said many times, it's the best zombie show on television (unless you consider the French series The Returned to be a "zombie" show)
This subplot of season 4 that was wrapped up on Sunday was the first thing that they did that they handled better than in the comics. A similar thing happened in the comics but it came almost completely out of left field with little development. I loved it how they did it.

Any ideas what Terminus is? I suspect a trap.
maybrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 05:11 AM   #446
soxfan666
Maniac

Bub had a sweet cameo in the tunnel tonight!
Old 03-24-2014, 02:52 PM   #447
Mok
Family is Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by soxfan666 View Post
Bub had a sweet cameo in the tunnel tonight!
I thought I saw Bub! Was he wearing the headphones? I couldn't tell.
Mok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 01:11 AM   #448
ImmortalSlasher
Stalker

The show is very slow but I like it still. I've never read the comic so all this is new. I was surprised at what happened in the last few episodes. I can't believe only one episode is left. I guess everyone will show up at Terminus. That place can't be good. No guards, empty streets.
ImmortalSlasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 04:48 AM   #449
soxfan666
Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mok View Post
I thought I saw Bub! Was he wearing the headphones? I couldn't tell.
It looked like he had the collar with the ring on it.
Old 03-25-2014, 11:30 AM   #450
Ptflea2
Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by soxfan666 View Post
It looked like he had the collar with the ring on it.
Yeah, I paused it to take a good look at him. Definitely the same makeup and the collar around the neck, but from what I could tell no head phones.
Ptflea2 is online now   Reply With Quote