Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > General

Old 07-22-2011, 01:13 AM   #76
X-human
I ate my keys

Elvira's Movie Macabre - 2 New DVD Releases Announced for Release in Time for Halloween:
Quote:
On October 4th (just in time for Halloween), eOne Entertainment is releasing a new pair of DVD titles featuring the Mistress of the Dark: Elvira's Movie Macabre - Scared to Death / Tormented AND Elvira's Movie Macabre - Lady Frankenstein / Jesse James Meets Frankenstein's Daughter are both coming to stores! Priced at $14.98 SRP each, they come presented in full screen video, English audio and with English subtitles. Here are the descriptions of these titles (including extras):

ELVIRA'S MOVIE MACABRE: SCARED TO DEATH/TORMENTED
It's Halloween, and while Bela Lugosi's first color film airs, Elvira forces a certain 'Queen of Entertaining' to help her plan her Halloween bash. Later, while the ghostly corpse of a beautiful victim haunts her killer's wedding, Elvira is paralyzed -not by fear, but by a poisonous spider-bite! Elvira hosts two B-movie classics including Scared to Death starring Bela Lugosi (Dracula) and Tormented starring Richard Carlson (Creature from the Black Lagoon). Bonus Features: Behind-the-scenes featurette, photo shoot, music video, making the music video featurette and sneak peek previews. 184 minutes.

ELVIRA'S MOVIE MACABRE: LADY FRANKENSTEIN/JESSE JAMES
When a mysterious teen shows up on her doorstep claiming to be her son, Elvira's forced to summon her dormant motherly instincts to teach Junior the family business. Later, Elvira takes us south of the border to a small Mexican village tormented by members of the Frankenstein Family. Elvira hosts two B-movie classics including the Frankenstein-themed classic and a wild west zombie showdown. Bonus Features: Behind-the-scenes featurette, photo shoot, music video, making the music video featurette and sneak peek previews. 184 minutes.
Taken from: http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Elv...#ixzz1SmvUsdCF

A huge pair for October. Going to be a busy month, making it two releases of Lady Frankenstein within weeks of each other.

A Few Ants Short. And what the hell, check out my DVD Collection won't you?

Last edited by X-human; 07-22-2011 at 01:16 AM.
X-human is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 01:19 AM   #77
rxfiend
Joe Six-Pack

They are still including the same bonus features as the previous discs?!
rxfiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 04:19 PM   #78
Zillamon51
Maniac

Thumbs down

Some bad news: These discs don't have the movie-only option the old Shout! Factory Elvira discs had. Disappointing, but not too bad considering these are PD movies that everyone's seen, and they are available in a multitude of budget sets. What's worse is the movies are edited for TV! Scenes are trimmed for time (NOTLD) and gore / nudity is blurred in Satanic Rites of Dracula!

Source: http://www.thedigitalbits.com/review...et080311b.html

They also mention the audio synch problem w/ I Eat Your Skin.
Zillamon51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 02:07 AM   #79
rxfiend
Joe Six-Pack

If you have the NOTLD/IEYS disc and want a replacement, read this:

http://tvshowsondvd.com/news/Elviras...our-Skin/15819
Old 09-16-2011, 04:30 AM   #80
X-human
I ate my keys

There's been some rumors about the show being cancel. After looking into it I found this post on Elvira's Facebook:
Quote:
Hi - I work on the show, and I'd like to let you know that we are not shooting a second season around Thanksgiving. Feel free to share the correct information with people - We shot 26 episodes with the intention of only doing one season- those 20 episodes were aired with an option of three re-runs per episode. All episodes aired three times and the show ends it's TV broadcast this month (Sept). The remaining six episodes were held back because of issues with the syndication company that was distributing the show. All episodes will be on DVD including those 6 unaired shows. A second season will be determined by the international distribution of the show, and possible sale to a new US syndication Co. If there is going to be a second season, it would not return until 2012. Hope that clears things up for everyone!
Just wanted to get that out there. Still sounds like we'll get the entire TV show on DVD and hopefully another season in 2013. But to be honest if there's not enough interest state side I have my doubts unfortunately.

Old 09-16-2011, 05:30 AM   #81
Erick H.
HackMaster

I hope it does get a pick up as I have enjoyed it.Saying that,the TV environment has change so much since the 1980's that I think it's hard for any syndicated series (apart from tabloid stuff) to make it anymore.Perhaps a berth on a cable outlet (like SyFy) might have been a better fit for MOVIE MACABRE,say a late night show on the weekends ?The show is not unlike some of the stuff USA Network used to run on the weekends back in the late 80's -early 90's(like USA UP ALL NIGHT),back before they became the 24HR LAW AND ORDER :SVU network.
Perhaps TV has just moved away from goofy fun shows like MOVIE MACABRE,seems like Reality TV (which is about as "real" as Hogwarts) is the only thing allowed to flourish anymore.If that's true I find it kinda sad.There oughta be a place for a big busted goth chick who likes horror flicks (at least outside of my dreams).
Erick H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 06:02 PM   #82
deepred
Maniac

Any word on a 1st season boxset or will there just be 13 indiviudal releases?

Last edited by deepred; 09-16-2011 at 06:06 PM.
deepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 01:20 AM   #83
X-human
I ate my keys

12/06/11
Quote:
Elvira prepares for her second-favorite holiday, by screening a camp classic featuring Santa thwarting a Martian plot to steal Christmas plus an abominable film about gangsters battling a snow beast at a ski-lodge. Includes cult director Roger Corman's Beast from Haunted Cave, and the B-movie holiday classic Santa Claus Conquers the Martians.
Taken from: http://tvshowsondvd.com/news/Elviras...ted-Cave/15943

I'm deathly curious about the Santy Clause transfer, and this makes a great pairing with VCI's Blu-ray of the Mexican Santa Clause coming out next month.

Old 09-19-2011, 03:04 PM   #84
crikan
HackMaster

I desperately hope all 26 episodes make it DVD. Since they were announced I've had a bad feeling that the plug would get pulled early.
crikan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 04:17 PM   #85
wago70
Robinson Crusoe on Mars

I just watched SANTA CLAUS on Elvira's show the other night. It looked fine enough - not restored or brand new but it was clearer than past TV viewings. I'll definitely buy it. What a whack flick!
wago70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 09:35 PM   #86
rxfiend
Joe Six-Pack

I still have not received the replacement disc for the NOTLD/I Eat Your Skin fuck up.
Old 09-19-2011, 09:47 PM   #87
crikan
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxfiend View Post
I still have not received the replacement disc for the NOTLD/I Eat Your Skin fuck up.
I didn't hear back for weeks after sendning an email but received mine replacement copy last Friday (9/16/2011).
crikan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 01:41 AM   #88
rxfiend
Joe Six-Pack

My replacement copy finally came in today! About freaking time! lol
Old 10-01-2011, 05:15 AM   #89
chancetx
Stalker

I've been missing this on Saturday nights. I still have a few on my DVR I haven't got around to but after that I'll be Elvira-less once again.

It's a shame the audience wasn't there this time but as others have pointed out the TV landscape has changed dramatically since the 80s. And even though I enjoyed this recent run, it just didn't feel as fun as her original series. Something just wasn't there. I guess like most sequels you can't recreate that original magic no matter how hard you try.

Like crikan I'm worried we won't see all the episodes get released. Hope we're wrong. I wish they'd also go back to releasing the 80s episodes that Shout! Factory was releasing a few years back.
chancetx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 04:51 AM   #90
deepred
Maniac

Here is the entire listing of episodes (including the 6 unaired ones)

EPISODE 1 - NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD

This classic George A Romero zombie masterpiece is the vehicle horror hostess Elvira uses to ride into the new millennium with the resurrection of her iconic show, ELVIRA’S Movie Macabre.

EPISODE 2 - THE TERROR

Roger Corman's haunting tale of mistaken identity gets the Elvira treatment as she lampoons the performances of Boris Karloff and Jack Nicholson.

EPISODE 3 - THE BRAIN THAT WOULDN'T DIE

Elvira gets the bright idea that going on a game show will make her some extra cash, so she recruits the help of the HEAD of the class to beat the clock!

EPISODE 4 - THE GIANT GILA MONSTER

Elvira, pet-sitter extraordinaire, finds herself in a fix when one of her charges, a lizard named Jorge, eats some radio-active kibble and goes on a rampage!

EPISODE 5 - THE SATANIC RITES OF DRACULA

Talk about a sleeper! This flick is so boring that even Elvira has to find other tasks to keep herself awake while it plays.

EPISODE 6 - SCARED TO DEATH

It's Halloween, and while Bela Lugosi's first color film airs, Elvira forces a certain 'Queen of Entertaining' to help her plan her Halloween bash. (Guest Star: Patrick Bristow)

EPISODE 7 - THE WEREWOLF OF WASHINGTON

Elvira throws her ring into the hat and runs for office while screening the Dean Stockwell political cult favorite.

EPISODE 8 - EEGAH!

Elvira screens the Kooky Kro-magnon Klassic starring Richard "Jaws" Kiel!

EPISODE 9 – UNTAMED WOMEN

Elvira, Mistress of the Dark, and a few of her fellow Mistresses get together for some girl talk while screening this less than liberating “chick” flick. (Guest Stars: Edie McClurg and Mindy Sterling)

EPISODE 10 - SANTA CLAUS CONQUERS THE MARTIANS

While Elvira prepares for her SECOND favorite holiday, join her as she screens the campy classic story of Santa thwarting a Martian plot to steal Christmas!

EPISODE 11 - I EAT YOUR SKIN

Elvira takes us on a trip to Voo Doo Island and gives us a few culinary tips along the way -- bone appetite!

EPISODE 12 - DON’T LOOK IN THE BASEMENT

Tonight’s movie is a creepy case of the inmates running the asylum, peppered with Elvira's rules on how to survive a horror movie.

EPISODE 13 - TEENAGERS FROM OUTER SPACE

Like, OMG! Elvira taps into her inner teen for this not-so-terrifying tale of intergalactic adolescence.

EPISODE 14 - JESSE JAMES MEETS FRANKENSTEIN’S DAUGHTER

In this Boy-meets-Ghoul Cowboy/Monster mash-up Elvira takes us south of the border to a small Mexican village tormented by members of the Frankenstein Family, and only the outlaw Jesse James can help!

EPISODE 15 - LADY FRANKENSTEIN

When a mysterious teen shows up on her doorstep claiming to be her son, Elvira's forced to summon her dormant motherly instincts to teach Junior the family business. (Guest Star: Thomas Dekker)

EPISODE 16- THE MANSTER

Mad Dr. Suzuki injects an American reporter with a serum that causes his shoulder to sprout an eye, which is bad, but not as bad as Elvira discovering her citizenship is being called into question!

(Guest Star: Jack White)

EPISODE 17- WILD WOMEN OF WONGO

It’s love at first sacrifice when a tribe of hot chicks and ugly guys on the island of Wongo, hook up with a tribe of hot guys and ugly chicks on Goona, leaving Elvira to lament her lack of love.

EPISODE 18- BUCKET OF BLOOD

Elvira decides to take the art world by storm as she screens this classic Corman clunker about a beatnik busboy whose attempt at sculpting causes people to mysteriously disappear.

EPISODE # 19 –HERCULES AND THE CAPTIVE WOMEN

Elvira’s stuck hosting this Greek tragedy about Hercules and his voyage to Atlantis to rescue his son and battle an army of identical men and a strange up-right dragon.

EPISODE # 20 - TORMENTED

While the ghostly corpse of a beautiful victim haunts her killer’s wedding, Elvira is paralyzed - not by fear, but by a poisonous spider-bite!

EPISODE # 21 –WASP WOMAN

In her quest for eternal youth, the glamorous CEO of a cosmetics company becomes a blood-thirsty wasp-monster by night, something the ageless Elvira doesn’t need to worry about.

(Guest Star: Peaches Christ)

EPISODE # 22 –BEAST FROM THE HAUNTED CAVE

Elvira airs this abominable snow-job about gangsters at a ski-lodge who confront a 'snow beast' that attempts to take them to a cave and encase them in cocoons!

EPISODE # 23– THE KILLER SHREWS

A hapless group flee from crazed Afghan hounds wearing rat masks while Elvira deals with a rodent infestation of her own.

EPISODE # 24 – MONSTER FROM A PREHISTORIC PLANET

Elvira battles rip-off artist Elmyra, Maiden of Darkness while Tokyo battles Gappa, a giant Godzilla wanna-be.

EPISODE # 25 –ATTACK OF THE GIANT LEECHES

A red-neck bartender catches his trampy wife with her lover and forces them into the swamp to become leech-bait while Elvira deals with a giant leech of her own – the man from the IRS!

EPISODE # 26 – MANOS, THE HANDS OF FATE

Join Elvira for this weeks high-brow episode of “Mistress-Piece Theatre” as she critiques the cinematic stinker, Manos, the Hands of Fate, the second worst movie of all time.

http://www.a-one-entertainment.com/c...ent/article/85
deepred is offline   Reply With Quote