Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > Slashers

Old 03-03-2011, 12:31 AM   #16
russweiss
Maniac

You can still buy this import blu on Ebay for less than $10.00 which includes free shipping. Why wait for the U.S. release?
russweiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 01:15 AM   #17
fceurich39
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by russweiss View Post
You can still buy this import blu on Ebay for less than $10.00 which includes free shipping. Why wait for the U.S. release?
i have a all region dvd but i want a region 1 release though
fceurich39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 04:24 AM   #18
othervoice1
HackMaster

Just watched the blu again tonight- loved it just as much if not more the second time- can't believe it is taking so long to get an R1 release- heck it was filmed in Austin TX- what is the deal??? Fyi the extras (although not much to them) play just fine on my blu ray player

Last edited by othervoice1; 08-13-2011 at 04:27 AM.
othervoice1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 04:44 PM   #19
Zillamon51
Maniac

I recall seeing theatrical trailers for this years ago. Then... nothing. It didn't look like anything special (slasher movie w/ TCM remake atmosphere) but I would like to see it (Amber Heard was great in Drive Angry). The same thing happened years earlier w/ a martial arts fantasy called Zu Warriors w/ Zhang Ziyi. I saw the trailers, kept an eye out for the movie, and... nothing. I guess it quietly went DTV or something.
Zillamon51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 05:45 PM   #20
othervoice1
HackMaster

Info from Wikipedia on why it never got released in theatres in the US or an R1 dvd release so far:

The film was originally supposed to be released in 2007 by The Weinstein Company (via their Dimension Films label), but due to the failure of Grindhouse, among other horror films, The Weinstein Company sold the film to Senator Entertainment US.[4] Senator, who at the time was setting up their own distribution company, later went out of business, and the film has been held in limbo with other unreleased projects since. At Comic-Con 2010, director Levine and star Heard appeared for a screening of the film, and said that release was finally forthcoming, though they did not say when or who would be handling the release. It has been number one on Bloody Disgusting's list of the best unreleased horror films for the last four years.
Old 08-13-2011, 08:26 PM   #21
fceurich39
HackMaster

heard rumors thata rc entertainment who is releasing new dimensione extreme titles and amber heards the ward might be putting this out in 2012
Old 08-18-2011, 08:14 AM   #22
CPT HOOK
HackMaster

From Fangoria:

Quote:
The director of THE WACKNESS and upcoming 50/50 gives an update on the status of his long-delayed 2006 horror film and directorial debut, ALL THE BOYS LOVE MANDY LANE.

Movies.com spoke with Levine (who is developing the zombie pic WARM BODIES, based on Isaac Marion’s novel) about ALL THE BOYS LOVE MANDY LANE, which stars Amber Heard and has been stuck in development hell after the Weinstein Company sold it to Senator Entertainment, which then went out of business.

“Is it ever going to be shown in the U.S.? Yes, I imagine it will be,” Levine remarked. “I’m friends with the guys who financed the movie, and the movie’s in some bizarre, crazy...like, this hedge fund owns it as part of their defaulted assets, and they don’t care. It’s just a line on a spreadsheet to them, and we’re trying to get it back.”
CPT HOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 02:34 PM   #23
Shannafey
Don't Monkey With Me!

You guys are getting your hopes up for a film that isn't very good! The UK Blu-Ray is dirt cheap and plays on US players.
Shannafey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 12:55 PM   #24
Jean Renault
Screamy Bopper

It's a pretty solid slasher, better than average but I didn't quite understand why a lot of people went as crazy for it as they did. Amber Heard is good in it.
Jean Renault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 06:01 PM   #25
Hellbilly
Water-squirting greatness

So, anybody heard of new U.S. release plans?
Old 12-29-2012, 06:25 PM   #26
Eddyw78
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellbilly View Post
Why wait for the US release. This is so cheap over here in the UK and im sure shipping is too. I saw a Blu of this go for 0.99p the other day on fleabay and it is 2.00 on Amazon.co.uk. If you want the DVD and can play multi region this is a penny on Amazon. I never really liked this movie and sold my Blu to a guy in the US years ago.
Eddyw78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 09:04 PM   #27
CPT HOOK
HackMaster

I have the UK blu-ray, and you can find it for a reasonable price.

But I'd still like to see this released in the US. I think it's a really well-done slasher film, and it's a shame that it wasn't able to find an audience over here.

One of the things I really loved about it was that there wasn't a gimmick. Also liked that it wasn't a comedy. It was a simple, serious, and straight-forward slasher flick, and it seems like those are rare these days.
CPT HOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 12:02 AM   #28
fceurich39
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellbilly View Post
not yet and with the release of Warm Bodies zombie flick coming soon u would think there would be some news and also still no Poughkeepsie Tapes release either
Old 12-30-2012, 03:28 AM   #29
ImmortalSlasher
Stalker

I've had this movie on my watch list for a long time. I probably should watch it soon. I'll make a double feature with it and The Ward since both have Amber Heard.
ImmortalSlasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 04:09 AM   #30
othervoice1
HackMaster

Quote:
have the UK blu-ray, and you can find it for a reasonable price.

But I'd still like to see this released in the US. I think it's a really well-done slasher film, and it's a shame that it wasn't able to find an audience over here.

One of the things I really loved about it was that there wasn't a gimmick. Also liked that it wasn't a comedy. It was a simple, serious, and straight-forward slasher flick, and it seems like those are rare these days.
Yea I agree - nothing groundbreaking about this movie but I really enjoyed it - Ive had the UK blu for quite some time now and from what I remember paid under 20.00 shipped for it