Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > All Things Horror > Slashers

Old 04-24-2013, 03:45 AM   #46
othervoice1
HackMaster

I think "the hype" is simply because this movie never got a theatrical release or even a dvd R1 release and its a pretty solid little slasher flick. I really enjoyed it - I wouldn't say its amazing but its still pretty darn good as far as modern slashers go.
othervoice1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 08:15 PM   #47
booper71
HackMaster

A long delayed slightly above horror entry that lost some luster due to it's being on the shelf for so long. Don't bill it is a new release just send it to the wal-mart bargain bin!
Old 06-27-2013, 03:34 AM   #48
fceurich39
HackMaster

finally will be released in the usa 7 years later now where is Poughkeepsie tapes come on scream factory get mgm to release it as a newer title in your label! http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/680...ove-mandy-lane
fceurich39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 10:36 PM   #49
CPT HOOK
HackMaster

The US blu-ray and DVD releases are now up for pre-order on Amazon. No date or details though, just a pre-order.
CPT HOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 11:23 PM   #50
thing
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by othervoice1 View Post
I think "the hype" is simply because this movie never got a theatrical release or even a dvd R1 release and its a pretty solid little slasher flick. I really enjoyed it - I wouldn't say its amazing but its still pretty darn good as far as modern slashers go.
I thought it was pretty damned average. It's release history has certainly given it a little more intrigue.
Old 08-22-2013, 12:08 AM   #51
Mutilated Prey
Soul Stealer

$21!!! No. It'll be $9.99 one day.
Old 08-24-2013, 04:56 PM   #52
russweiss
Maniac

http://www.imdb.com/?licb=0.8744862168975511

I imagine this is getting some theatrical exposure to help hype the home video sales as well as the fact that Amber Heard is more well known now. I watched my import blu once and liked it well enough to keep the title but not enough to watch it again yet.
russweiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 05:09 PM   #53
othervoice1
HackMaster

Has any information been released for the R1 release - such as any new extras ? I'm happy with my region free import from a few years back but just curious if this one will have any differences. I noticed they made Amber's face front and center on the cover of the R1 release - definitely selling it off of her increased semi-star power. I do find her absolutely beautiful - maybe never moreso then in this movie
othervoice1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 06:56 PM   #54
buck135
The Duke of New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by othervoice1 View Post
I do find her absolutely beautiful - maybe never moreso then in this movie
She looks amazing in The Rum Diary.
Old 08-24-2013, 07:05 PM   #55
Shannafey
Don't Monkey With Me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutilated Prey View Post
$21!!! No. It'll be $9.99 one day.
I paid less than $5 for the region free UK Blu-Ray!!
Shannafey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 06:05 PM   #56
Hellbilly
HellPumpkin

I guess we can say "finally" for those who never picked up the UK Blu.

Movie Tracker 2014
Hellbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 08:22 PM   #57
Zillamon51
Maniac

I actually saw this in a theater at the end of October. It's not very good. The motivations behind the murders make no sense. Overall, not worth the long wait.
Zillamon51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 11:44 AM   #58
Erick H.
HackMaster

I saw it in D.C. at a little arthouse a couple of weeks ago and liked it.It's kind of an art film really,a slasher filtered through a sort of dreamy haze.Oddly the style of it reminded me of this years SPRING BREAKERS,a weird,moody take on a straight up genre concept.I enjoyed it but it's not for everyone.By the way,one of the stars,Anson Mount,now stars on AMC's HELL ON WHEELS.
Erick H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 02:04 PM   #59
SickNick89
Stalker

I picked up the UK dvd years ago and hated the movie. Just another horror film filled with unlikeable characters IMO.

My DVD Collection:
http://sicknick.dvdaf.com/
SickNick89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 10:36 AM   #60
Paff

Man, I don't know what you guys are talking about. This is a fun little movie! It played here for a week or so back in October, but I missed it. Watched it on Blu tonight. I really dug it! The cinematography was really outstanding, and it was a nice re-invent of the slasher flick. I liked the pacing of it, and the willingness to throw many of the slasher clichés out the window (I.E., ending the film at daytime, revealing the killer's identity midway through, etc). It's different, and isn't that what we're always clamoring for??

I'll agree that the delay in the (US) release artificially built up some hype, but conversely, it built up some negative hype as well, which you can see in this very thread. I have the feeling if it got the 2006 wide release it should have, a lot of people here would be praising it a lot more. Instead, there's this "we had to wait 7 years for such a mediocre film" attitude going around.

On a different note, did anyone else notice a significant delay in the boot up time of the Blu Ray? It wouldn't start for me last night, so I watched a different movie instead, and went about updating my player's firmware today. Afterwards, I tried it again, and it still wouldn't start. I started filling out the Netflix "faulty disc" report, and then it finally went to the main menu. There was a full 3 minute delay (just a black screen) between the final trailer and the main menu!

* - The extra B is for BYOBB

Paff's Laserdiscs
Paff is offline   Reply With Quote