IMDb: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1512685/

Trailer: http://www.filmabend.info/die-spanie...-eyes-trailer/

Looks nice.

Movie Tracker 2014
Hellbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 07:57 AM   #2
Hatchetwarrior
HackMaster

Looks interesting enough. But I have a bad feeling half the plot was just thrown at me in those short three minutes.
Old 08-26-2010, 12:42 PM   #3
Ash28M
HackMaster

I am going to see this in a couple weeks at the Toronto Film fest. I'll post on here after I've seen it.
Ash28M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 09:31 PM   #4
Ash28M
HackMaster

So I checked this out last night at the 9:45pm screening at TIFF. Guillermo del Toro introduced the film along with the director Guillem Morales and Lead Belén Rueda. It was advertised by Guillermo as a sort of Spanish Giallo. I have to admit I was pretty beat from walking around the city since I sat though a 11am sitting of Trust earlier that day so I was fighting to stay awake for most of it. From what I could put together and wasn't out of it from my self induced trace, they did a satisfactory job of it. It didn't have the artistic flare that I come to expect for a gaillo but the acting was pretty good and there were a few stand out fright scenes that gave me a jolt. It's not as good as as the Orphanage or Guillermo's own work but it wasn't bad and I do want to watch it again when I'm actually conscious.

Last edited by Ash28M; 09-12-2010 at 09:49 PM.
Ash28M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 09:41 PM   #5
x666x
HackMaster

Sounds good enough. We are seeing it this Sat at TIFF. Thanks for managing my expectations without spoiling anything.
x666x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 08:34 AM   #6
Erick H.
HackMaster

I'm looking forward to this one.
Erick H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 10:55 PM   #7
russweiss
Maniac

This was a very well done "thriller." There are a couple of twists for the ending which worked out well. Definitely worth checking out.
russweiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 11:05 PM   #8
Katatonia
Master of Doom

I rented it a few weeks back, and wasn't very impressed with it to be honest. It just seemed very average, and way too slow advancing the plot. Sometimes that isn't a problem, but there was little in the way of a reward to keep me from nearly dozing off. It wasn't a movie that offered anything to linger in my mind after the end credits rolled. I'm not saying the film was necessarily bad...just nothing special.

Katatonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 04:17 AM   #9
Hatchetwarrior
HackMaster

Saw it a couple months back, and moderately enjoyed it. The Italian Giallo influence is obvious, which I loved, but the story was paced badly. The whole middle of the film moved at a break neck pace. But what annoyed me the most about it was:

Spoiler:
At the begin when shes chasing that one guy around with the camera. His first instinct is to run straight into a dead end (?) and when she is about to make the revile, he snaps her in the face with the flash, temporarily blinding her and managing to get away unnoticed! Not only was this incredibly stupid, but why the hell was this scene in the first 20 minutes of the film?
Old 03-25-2012, 02:54 PM   #10
russweiss
Maniac

When we watch movies at home my wife falls asleep about 1/2 the time (no joke). She stayed awake during this one and enjoyed it too. I won't say it's the fastest paced film around but I thought it was very well done.
russweiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 07:30 AM   #11
ReelFear
Maniac

I kept thinking this should have been made by Dario Argento. Too bad he can't make a movie anywhere near this good nowadays. Well thankfully the director of Julia's Eyes knows how to make a solid and visually striking film. Highly recommended to all horror fans.
ReelFear is offline   Reply With Quote