Horror Digital Forum  

Go Back   Horror Digital Forum > The Niche's Corner > High Definition

Old 11-13-2010, 01:23 AM   #16
Katatonia
Master of Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paff View Post
I'm surprised so few of you have checked out the Millenium Edition from Elite. My '02 review of it: http://www.horrordigital.com/viewart...?articleid=411

If you have even a passing interest in the film, the Millenium is a must own. The two commentaries are required listening.
The Millenium Edition is the one I own. I'd be interested how many of the extras will be carried over on the Anchor Bay Blu-ray.

Katatonia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 01:27 AM   #17
MisterTwister
HackMaster

I own the Millenium Edition as well.
MisterTwister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 08:00 PM   #18
Craig
Screamy Bopper

These better be multiregion cos the UK editions of both original and remake or cut.

AB would get more sales if it was region free as UK buyers will want it!!
Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 10:17 PM   #19
springjack
Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig View Post
These better be multiregion cos the UK editions of both original and remake or cut.

AB would get more sales if it was region free as UK buyers will want it!!
Don?t forget that some companies can?t release region free DVD/Blu-Rays because of the contract made.

If the rights holder has the movie released in different countries, he can demand the discs to be region coded.

This has happened before... Shout?s Corman movies are good example of this.
________
Vapir No2

Last edited by springjack; 03-20-2011 at 10:52 PM.
springjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 03:28 PM   #20
Nailwraps
HackMaster

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=5472

"Anchor Bay has announced that, on February 8, 2011, it will release the cult movie I Spit on Your Grave and its 2010 remake, both in an unrated director's cut. Back in 1978, I Spit on Your Grave shocked audiences all over the world - critics reviled it, but audiences embraced its woman empowerment message.

Special features include:

I Spit on Your Grave (1978):
All-new interview with writer/producer/director Meir Zarchi about the making of this film and its legacy for the past three decades
I Spit on Your Grave (2010):
Filmmakers commentary with producer Lisa Hansen and director Steven R. Monroe
Behind-the-scenes featurette
Original theatrical teaser and trailer
Deleted scenes"

It's a shame that the extras from the Elite Millenium Edition won't be ported over.
Nailwraps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 03:41 PM   #21
Katatonia
Master of Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nailwraps View Post
It's a shame that the extras from the Elite Millenium Edition won't be ported over.
Definitely. I'll wait for some reviews about the A/V quality for sure now.

And the way Anchor Bay/Starz treats many of their lesser Blu-ray releases also gives me caution. Many of them actually have no menu or lossless audio, or any of the special features ported over from the old DVD's that they themselves released.

Katatonia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 04:02 PM   #22
bigdaddyhorse
Detroit Hi-on

All new interview = fuck you. What new could be said?

I misread that for a second and thought the deleted scenes were for the 78 as well, was almost interested in that. With just an interview, the transfer better cook me dinner and rub my back. I'm keeping my ME for sure and doubt I'll pick up the Blu at all. Even a $10 sale sounds high for this... new interview... suck my nuts!

My Fucking DVDS
bigdaddyhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 05:39 PM   #23
Mr. Eddy
Stalker

I own the Elite LD and the Millennium dvd. I'll watch it every now and then but not a movie that really needs an upgrade to me.
Mr. Eddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 07:24 PM   #24
spawningblue
Deadite

Yeah it seems like the days of Anchor bay releasing quality releases is over, especially when it comes to catalog titles.

My Movie Collection

The Horror and More! Podcast
spawningblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 09:24 PM   #25
Nailwraps
HackMaster

They just got the rights to the original I Spit On Your Grave, how is that sign that there done releasing quality releases? If anything it's a return to releasing classics.
Nailwraps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 09:32 PM   #26
bigdaddyhorse
Detroit Hi-on

Quote:
They just got the rights to the original I Spit On Your Grave, how is that sign that there done releasing quality releases? If anything it's a return to releasing classics.
Especially on Blu they are cutting so many corners these days. Like Kat said before, shit with no menus, same 5.1 audio from the dvd, and not even bothering to bring the dvd extras along.

Not to say all they release is shit, Frozen was great and had all the bonus along with HD audio, but many of the older catalog titles are getting shafted. In the old days, this would've had all the Elite bonus material and more. Now I'm kinda surprised they even got a new interview, and this is their first crack at the film!

My Fucking DVDS
bigdaddyhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 07:56 PM   #27
spawningblue
Deadite

Quote:
Yeah but it seems like they are putting little effort into it. Like Bigdaddyhorse said above, back in the day they would have included all the previous extras plus more, now it seems like they don't care as long as they can just throw the movie on Blu. A lot of their recent releases like Jack Brooks, Behind the Mask, Girl Next Door, Hellboy cartoons, Masters of Horror episodes, ect. they couldn't even be bothered to add a menu, let alone all their previous DVD extras. Evil Dead was a decent release, but should have been a lot better considering what they use to release. It should have been a 2 or 3 disc Blu Ray set (not 1 Blu Ray 1 DVD), and then they could have used the extra space to include all the extras so you didn't need to own the movie three times to have everything. Just seems like they're are not trying anymore.

My Movie Collection

The Horror and More! Podcast
spawningblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 08:41 PM   #28
MisterTwister
HackMaster

I haven't been the biggest supporter of Blu-ray but I think it's a dick move on Anchor Bay's part to exclude extras previously available on the DVD editions.
Old 11-19-2010, 10:11 PM   #29
fceurich39
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterTwister View Post
I haven't been the biggest supporter of Blu-ray but I think it's a dick move on Anchor Bay's part to exclude extras previously available on the DVD editions.
agreed they could of easily ported over the extras from the millenium edition dvd i will probably just hold on to my elite dvd and get the remake on dvd

also another thing when anchor bay reaquired the rights to night of the demons they just went ahead and put copies back on the shelves they could of put the new hd master print on the dvd but nope
fceurich39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 10:19 PM   #30
MisterTwister
HackMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by fceurich39 View Post
agreed they could of easily ported over the extras from the millenium edition dvd i will probably just hold on to my elite dvd and get the remake on dvd

also another thing when anchor bay reaquired the rights to night of the demons they just went ahead and put copies back on the shelves they could of put the new hd master print on the dvd but nope
I'll pick up the remake on DVD as well.

Anchor Bay is just plain lazy these days. They just don't care nearly as much anymore. What's the logic behind excluding all the extras on the Blu-ray editions? Blu-ray has more space on the disc yet instead of filling it up they decide to hold back.

Does anyone know the reason why Dark Sky got the rights to Hatchet II instead of Anchor Bay? I've been wondering about that for awhile now.